• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Wednesday 12 September 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Sorry for the delay in posting this. Stupid wifi on the stupid train did not work earlier today.

Anyway, Secret Files 3 is getting released tomorrow, so here’s a scene from the first game. At least, it’s supposed to be; I’ve played the game twice (in a row) and I have no memory of this scene.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Secret Files: Tunguska, along with Future Games titles like Black Mirror/Nibiru, is what I consider a staple “post golden-age” mysteries - there are better, and there’re worse games than it, but they influenced the genre in a big way when it comes to story concept and interface.

I liked Tunguska. It’s true that, for the life of me I wouldn’t be able to remember ANYTHING from it if you’d ask me, but maybe that’s not such a bad thing if I decide to replay it. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

If it wasn’t for Nina I would have sworn that screenshot was from NiBiRu.

I’m not surprised you don’t remember it. It’s from pretty late in the game when you go to some caves in China.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I only have Tunguska on the DS, so I did recognise the screenshot, but I remember it in a much lower quality. Tongue

Anyway, I really liked Tunguska, and I liked Puritas Cordis as well. Personally, I think Lost Horizon trumps them both, so they’re improving, so I’m really looking forward to Secret Files 3…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I don’t remember the screenshot either. I found the entire game forgettable. I do remember a totally idiotic puzzle with a cat and a cell phone and some salt. And of course the worst puzzle in the entire history of adventure games: getting a lemon. Not a lemon in sight, nothing. What to do? You hang a cloth over a speed limit sign, so cars driving by might go too fast and may cause an accident. Ooooh, great fun, let’s put people’s lives in danger! But how will that get you a lemon? Well, it goes without saying that there will also be trucks passing by and surely one of them will carry lemons. Excellent thinking! In fact, the very next one drops a whole box of lemons. Wow, how about that? The blundering fool who produced these “puzzles” should be fired. Angry

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

That sounds incredibly bad. Maybe the same fool responsible for the lemmings recently removed from Secret Files 3? Sealed Lips

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I played Puritas Cordis a few days ago in preparation for SF3 (and found I really couldn’t stand all the ridiculous puzzles and plot contrivances, especially in the second half of the game). I also considered replaying Tunguska first, but thinking of the lemon puzzle made me change my mind.

Still, as TimovieMan said, Lost Horizon was better, and the info we have on SF3 gives the impression that they’ve finally realized that throwing nonsensical stuff at the player for the sake of an extra puzzle was stupid, so I’m cautiously optimistic about it. I’ll wait for reviews, though.

Oh, and there was a part in China??!?! I guess I’ve really forgotten everything about that game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 September 2012 11:11 AM

I played Puritas Cordis a few days ago in preparation for SF3 (and found I really couldn’t stand all the ridiculous puzzles and plot contrivances, especially in the second half of the game).

Tunguska had this same problem: the first half was superior to the second half.

This wasn’t the case with Lost Horizon, though, so let’s just hope that SF3 will be a success…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I never did play any of the Secret Files games… one day maybe… I liked Lost Horizon though.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top