• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Uncharted 4 + The Lost Legacy

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Final trailer, i imagine all these glorious CG scenes are ingame playable setpieces.

Gonna set new standards but man the thought of new GoW on PS4k.
SM will own.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Looks incredible. Can’t wait.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game looks ok, I’m going to wait for the 4K version Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 25 April 2016 03:26 PM

Game looks ok, I’m going to wait for the 4K version Tongue

Halfway through at pals crib, it doesnt need 4k.
Its so beautiful , that you will not ask for beautiful graphics for some good time.
Order comes close, but here areas are vast, and it looks to be benchmark untill gow, or next ND game.
Qbreak looks ps3 hd game in comparison.
Poor Remedy.
Anddd there is playable easteregg for psx fans.
Go figure.

Ratings of 10 all over are well deserved, but mechanically game is still same, with ps4 coating like gow3 was to gow2.
Ironically it has more tight shooting than Qbreak too.
Meh

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2014-10-17

PM

Ahhh me glob! I’m so excited for this game!i played all the 3 uncharted
My body is so ready for this game!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I might not resist…

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Wow,must be a new record that running about 6 hours of cutscenes in about 10 hours of completion time.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I got 6 hours in and still on chapter 6. I am really taking my time with this one exploring every nook and cranny. Doing 2 chapters a day, don’t want to rush it.

This game is strong. I can already feel it in the early stages. They nail the feeling they want to get across with every chapter. I think it’s because of the better direction and use of music.

The problem with the previous Uncharted games was the pacing, where the latter half felt over the top with too many action sequences following up on eachother. I feel that this game will suffer less from that since Neil Druckman is directing it and he was involved with the Last of Us as well. The Last of Us was perfect narrative wise. Great opening, great middle and pulled off almost the impossible by even ending it on a higher note.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished the game (about 15h I think).
I enjoyed it, the complains are the same for every Uncharted, easy and linear platforming and puzzles, but coming in expecting that the game was an awesome ride.
I liked the pacing, the dialogues and the characters. The story was a bit predictable but enjoyable, the pirate mystery was fun. Really liked the epilogue.
The new rope mechanics made the combat more fun, the areas are bigger and just swinging around was cool. Not a fan of the stealth so I usually just engaged in combat. The brawls were pretty cool to play (although it was mostly button mashing) because they were not QTE and still felt pretty organic with the 2-persons combos.
And absolutely gorgeous.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 15 May 2016 03:16 PM

I got 6 hours in and still on chapter 6. I am really taking my time with this one exploring every nook and cranny. Doing 2 chapters a day, don’t want to rush it.

This game is strong. I can already feel it in the early stages. They nail the feeling they want to get across with every chapter. I think it’s because of the better direction and use of music.

The problem with the previous Uncharted games was the pacing, where the latter half felt over the top with too many action sequences following up on eachother. I feel that this game will suffer less from that since Neil Druckman is directing it and he was involved with the Last of Us as well. The Last of Us was perfect narrative wise. Great opening, great middle and pulled off almost the impossible by even ending it on a higher note.

As somone said the pacing and story development goes to shit when on second playthrough same long cutscenes and story bits are thrown at you.
In Tlou and UC2 gameplay segments were well scattered and more meaty plus Tlou shines in Newgame+. It was actual game with AI, Onehitkills, Crafting, scarce ammo and health etc.
UC2 was non stop rollercoaster from getgo.
Also no supernatural stuff was bummer.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Speedrun trophy is finishing in under 6 hours so I think you can skip most of the stuff on second playthroughs. ALthough more difficult combat in Uncharted just becomes annoying so I don’t have a reason to play it again.

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 15 May 2016 05:56 PM

As somone said the pacing and story development goes to shit when on second playthrough same long cutscenes and story bits are thrown at you.

I have no qualms whatsoever with long cutscenes. I think they are amazing. The more screentime my favourite characters get the more enjoyment I have. I also think this is the best ensemble of cast for an Uncharted game. I am at chapter 8 currently so maybe soon to judge, but Nadine, Rafe and especially Sam are really awesome so far.

Thanks for the huge spoiler. I kind of already had the feeling this would be the case but I didn’t want to have this 100% confirmed yet.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 15 May 2016 09:52 PM

I have no qualms whatsoever with long cutscenes. I think they are amazing. The more screentime my favourite characters get the more enjoyment I have. I also think this is the best ensemble of cast for an Uncharted game. I am at chapter 8 currently so maybe soon to judge, but Nadine, Rafe and especially Sam are really awesome so far.

Thanks for the huge spoiler. I kind of already had the feeling this would be the case but I didn’t want to have this 100% confirmed yet.

It would have been spoiler if it was there, it should have been there but it isnt.
It was trademark for the series to build something for the end, Pirate theme was ripe for this.

Chloe was my fav and always preferable to Elena or Nadine both.
But yeah Elena is popular so fanservice and whatnot.
For all graphical wonders faces of characters are uncanny valley at best, too creepy smiles.

No model i liked till the end of the game surprise.
That would be spoiler.
Smile

Lara croft

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

*rubs eyes* are you seriously arguing you didn’t spoil anything? lol

The only way to know the game didn’t build to something is to have played a big portion of the game already.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 16 May 2016 07:24 AM

*rubs eyes* are you seriously arguing you didn’t spoil anything? lol

The only way to know the game didn’t build to something is to have played a big portion of the game already.

Yeah but it isnt there at the first place to be spoiled.
Dunno but sorry if it was so important.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top