• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Portal 2: Looking for Perpetual Cooperative Testing Initiative Partners in Science

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

This thread can serve as a place where we can look for Portal 2 Cooperative Testing Initiative partners for the Perpetual Testing Initiative! In other words, Partners in Science that we can solve test chambers with forever and ever and ever and ever. Cave Johnson would be/is/was/will be proud.

What kind of co-op partners am I looking for? I am looking for two types: those that aren’t that great at puzzle games or Portal, and those that are excellent at this. For those that aren’t that great, I want to play tons of custom co-op test chambers (there are already thousands of these on the Workshop). For those that are great at the game, I want to play the official co-op level Challenge modes with you so we can try to get a personal best score for least amount of portals and fastest time for the official co-op levels.

If you have a mic, that is definitely a plus. I have a mic. I am a good player, but not an excellent one… I didn’t have too much trouble at all with the official game chambers, but I do expect to be stumped in many of the 180,000+ custom test chambers. For the single player Challenges, I am listed in the top 200 for some of them on the Steam leaderboards.

If you are also looking for a co-op partner to play one, five, ten, or infinity custom co-op chambers with, please reply here, send me a private message, or find me on Steam. I am the Tex Murphy administrator of the Tex Murphy group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tex_murphy_project_fedora

What type of Perpetual Cooperative Testing Initiative Partners in Science are you looking for?

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Here are some of the cool co-op chambers I want to play:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=620&browsesort=trend

Also, there’s no rush… I’m just looking for people to play with down the road. Maybe in a few weeks, a few months, a half a year… but eventually, and hopefully sooner than later.

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2012-08-18

PM

I would like to join you but I am not a particularly good english speaker and I havent played any of Portal 2 coop levels because non of my friends have the game and I dont like playing with strangers.Good luck finding someone mate.I gave up trying a long time ago….

Now Playing:Zork Nemesis,Dragon Age GOTY,DOTA 2,Alter Ego
Next In Line:Tex Murphy:Under a Killing Moon,Tex Murphy:The Pandora Directive,Tex Murphy:Overseer,Fallout 1,2&Tactics;
Recently Finished:Runaway 1&2,Barrow Hill,Legend of Grimrock
Looking Forward To:The Last Crown: Haunting of Hallowed Isle,Bioshock Infinite,Amnesia:A Machine For Pigs

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Language barriers don’t really matter in Portal 2 since you can highlight different items in the environment using the ping tool, and even set timers. There are enough features built-in so that actual words don’t even need to be spoken most of the time. However, for the really hard puzzles, a mic or text chat will be preferred, but I can use Google Translate for the text chat if something is not clear. Also, the completion of the official co-op levels is not necessary to play any custom co-op levels. Although, unlocking the official co-op Challenge chambers does require the completion of the official co-op levels. So we could still play it!

Is anyone else looking for some awesome Partners in Science?

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Adventure Games Forever, I’m definitely interested - if “few weeks, a few months, a half a year” is valid claim. Smile
I loved P1, haven’t had time for P2. I hope to get some free time from Uni around Christmas time. I let you know when I’m close completing solo. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top