• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Congrats on getting Greenlit!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i tried to check the Kickstarter page many times today i get ‘connection timed out’ anyone else see this?

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Advie - 15 April 2016 05:36 AM

i tried to check the Kickstarter page many times today i get ‘connection timed out’ anyone else see this?

Internet was wetting the bed today here at the office so I thought that was just me. Might be the Old Ones casting their eye on Gibbous and messing with us puny humans again… Hail Azathoth!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Congrats on the Steam thing! Smile

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Thanks Tsa!

Woah, what’s this, who did you say just did an interview on Examiner.com?!

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Congratulations with Greenlight!
Look forward to the game. Smile

Look behind you, a Three-Headed Monkey!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Mr. Murray - 19 April 2016 03:46 AM

Congratulations with Greenlight!
Look forward to the game. Smile

Thank you, Mr. Murray! You are my favorite Monkey Island character, btw! Wink

Soooo, in Gibbous news: so excited to bring you this update:

Gibbous Update #3

...in which I tackle a lot of things, but first and foremost, something that is a personal highlight for me, and got me incredibly excited: Don Thacker, creator of Starr Mazer, will be voicing our very own Don R. Ketype!

I can’t tell you guys how excited I am about this. I’ve been blown away by Starr Mazer eversince they launched their Kickstarter a year ago, and this opportunity to work with Don is so cool for us. And not only that - we are officially announcing a Starr Mazer / Gibbous crossover - that might mean anything from simple references to having characters from one game cross over into the other one!

I was just on Starr Mazer TV an hour ago, and I’m so happy to be collaborating with such creative people, and nice guys to boot! I can’t wait.

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

just played the demo and wow is this game absolutely gorgeous with really solid voice acting, the only thing I didnt like was the breaking of the fourth wall as much as you did it. to me it was a little too on the nose. other than that it was really fun and I enjoy the setting. quick question I have not read the entire thread so you probably already answered this but what is the deal with the karma pts, is it a joke or does it actually affect gameplay. after the demo I plan on pledging a little when I get paid friday. Cool

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Jdawg445 - 19 April 2016 08:28 PM

just played the demo and wow is this game absolutely gorgeous with really solid voice acting, the only thing I didnt like was the breaking of the fourth wall as much as you did it. to me it was a little too on the nose. other than that it was really fun and I enjoy the setting. quick question I have not read the entire thread so you probably already answered this but what is the deal with the karma pts, is it a joke or does it actually affect gameplay. after the demo I plan on pledging a little when I get paid friday. Cool

Thanks, JDawg! Yeah, I’m aware there’s a lot of 4th wall breaking - the explanation is that we built the demo which is pretty limited in scope so we kind of overdid it by trying to cram way too many goofs, references and self-aware stuff into way too little. I assure you the full release will have way better pacing and will go a lot easier on the 4h wall stuff.

Right now the stats thing is just a joke, and it’ll probably stay that way… but who knows Crazy

Thanks for playing and supporting!

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Mr Underhill - 20 April 2016 07:49 AM
Jdawg445 - 19 April 2016 08:28 PM

Thanks, JDawg! Yeah, I’m aware there’s a lot of 4th wall breaking - the explanation is that we built the demo which is pretty limited in scope so we kind of overdid it by trying to cram way too many goofs, references and self-aware stuff into way too little. I assure you the full release will have way better pacing and will go a lot easier on the 4h wall stuff.

Right now the stats thing is just a joke, and it’ll probably stay that way… but who knows Crazy Thanks for playing and supporting!

no problem, I was truly impressed the animation already looks better than a lot of fully finished games. My two favorite characters from the demo are buzz and make sure I get this right Piscilla lol. Buzz has just the right character traits of swarmy cheesiness with his tongue in cheek lol; he is a really nice hero/rogue/anti hero. he reminds me of the actor John Cusack for some reason. as far as Piscilla I usually hate children voice overs in game, but you nailed it there too. just really great work

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Following the last but one Kickstarter update I downloaded the new demo file. It’s not quite accurate in the observation that the frame rate will now run as fast as one’s PC will allow.
If I choose “fantastic” under graphics quality I get 60fps. However, if I choose “fastest” I get 1100fps. Is there any way to combine “fantastic” and “fastest”?

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2016-03-17

PM

Thanks for the frequent updates!

I just checked out the timelapse animation video on YouTube, and noticed an ominous but extremely befitting sign - see attachment Smile Check out the number of views.

Image Attachments

gibbous_vid2.jpg

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

@Jabod - Nick the programmer says:

“The fastest to fantastic are settings for the quality of the graphics. The frame-rate depends on your system configuration and at what fps can it handle the graphics. The fps are handled automatically and are set to the fastest fps you system can handle.”

@Pixelthis - Hahaha, could it be a sign? Hmmmm…

In other news, we’re 68% funded with 10 days to go - things are looking good! Might start getting excited about some of those stretch goals…

Huge thanks to all adventuregames forum people helping Gibbous become a reality!

Total Posts: 80

Joined 2013-02-02

PM

Backed! Money Mouth
And my first Kickstarter backed at that.
I always end up thinking either “it’s not gonna make it, my money makes no difference” or “it’s gonna make it, my money makes no difference”...
But I knew I wanted to back Gibbous, ever since you started posting about it back in ‘14…

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Duck of Doom - 26 April 2016 08:41 PM

Backed! Money Mouth
And my first Kickstarter backed at that.
I always end up thinking either “it’s not gonna make it, my money makes no difference” or “it’s gonna make it, my money makes no difference”...
But I knew I wanted to back Gibbous, ever since you started posting about it back in ‘14…

Yeaaah! We are honored, and we won’t let you down, cultist’s promise!

In Gibbous news, we’re now past the $30,000 mark, with 8 days left to go. Things are looking good, I guess, but we’ll need a big push at the end to make a difference and hopefully hit some strechgoals.

So, if you want to help give the funding an extra nudge, you can join our excellent Thunderclap here:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/41014-gibbous-kickstarter

...So, 24 hours before the deadline, we can all thunderously fill the internet with the blasphemous news of Cthulhu’s arrival, via facebook, twitter or tumblr Naughty

Other fun stuff:

I’ve livestreamed some animation, you can watch the recorded feed here (I was a little timid at first, but it’s an interesting look at how we animate Gibbous): https://www.twitch.tv/liviuboar/v/62944771

...And I’ll be streaming some concept art Thursday at 6 PM CET / 1 PM EST - that is tomorrow evening/noon.

Thanks again for supporting us!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top