• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady KestrelluckyloserrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2016-03-17

PM

Great vid! I grew up without a TV, and spent a lot of my time reading. When I discovered computers at around age 11 or 12, adventure games were a natural progression from novels. I think BASS on Amiga 500 was actually the first real point and click I played (in my my teens), but there would have been many games I played on the C64 before that with adventure elements. Especially on the C64, graphics weren’t that great, so the story aspect fed my imagination and filled the gaps.

36% funded. Looking good!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Pixelthis - 12 April 2016 09:44 PM

Great vid! I grew up without a TV, and spent a lot of my time reading. When I discovered computers at around age 11 or 12, adventure games were a natural progression from novels. I think BASS on Amiga 500 was actually the first real point and click I played (in my my teens), but there would have been many games I played on the C64 before that with adventure elements. Especially on the C64, graphics weren’t that great, so the story aspect fed my imagination and filled the gaps.

36% funded. Looking good!

Heh, yeah, there’s an aspect that I hadn’t tackled, and someone mentioned it in a comment, too: I too have learned a lot of English from games, especially adventures, since they are so text-heavy. As you said, since progressing depended on your comprehension of on-screen text, I think these games can be extremely useful tools for learning a language or even just good reading/comprehension practice. Never had a C64, my fist computer was a Pentium 1 with 16 MB of RAM, and I was the coolest kid on the block. Meeemorieees….

Joined 2016-03-17

PM

Mr Underhill - 13 April 2016 09:14 AM

I think these games can be extremely useful tools for learning a language

That is true. But based on most adventure games, if you take the learnings too literally you’ll come out the end of it as a bit of a sarcastic twat!

‘morning
- *sarc* Great observation, genius. It is indeed morning.
wow, what’s got to you?
- *sarc* Oh, are you still here?

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Pixelthis - 13 April 2016 06:31 PM
Mr Underhill - 13 April 2016 09:14 AM

I think these games can be extremely useful tools for learning a language

That is true. But based on most adventure games, if you take the learnings too literally you’ll come out the end of it as a bit of a sarcastic twat!

‘morning
- *sarc* Great observation, genius. It is indeed morning.
wow, what’s got to you?
- *sarc* Oh, are you still here?

Grin Or you’ll try “Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!” on a police officer, and get the beating of your life.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Yeah. Well, I went through college using everything on everything… Wink wink!  Crazy

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Mr Underhill - 14 April 2016 10:50 AM

Yeah. Well, I went through college using everything on everything… Wink wink!  Crazy

Too much information! Sick

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Uhm.. Yeah. Ahem. Moving on!

I’ve been sitting here watching that %@%#$ percent counter not want to crawl up to 40 from 39%. Kickstarting is a gruelling thing, let me tell you. We are doing our best to contact press but I guess the indies-come-last mentality and Dark Souls III releasing are kicking our butts.

Aaaaaanyway, came here to say we’ve tweaked the demo a little bit, and now it isn’t capped at 24 fps anymore, plus some minor bugs fixed.

Get it at http://www.gibbousgame.com

And in case you haven’t told your friends, relatives, neighbors, pets, senate representatives about our campaign - now’s the time! We’re not in the recently launched section anymore and it’s a little hard to get visibility. Every pledge counts.

Alright, now to e-mail the 394th gaming website…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

do you target FB pages too, it is* a strong tool.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Advie - 14 April 2016 02:58 PM

do you target FB pages too, it is* a strong tool.

Yeah, but we’re trying not to go into spamming territory… Indie Dev pages are nice but they usually have a one Kickstarter post limit. Adventure games facebook groups were great, too. Contacting a heck of a lot of youtubers, too, but they must be swamped with stuff to play. My big hopes are the sites like RPS, which we’ve already contacted, but hey - might as well try again!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Mr Underhill - 14 April 2016 02:32 PM

Aaaaaanyway, came here to say we’ve tweaked the demo a little bit, and now it isn’t capped at 24 fps anymore, plus some minor bugs fixed.

Get it at http://www.gibbousgame.com

Would you like me to test it again on my Macs?

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Sure, I’m curious about how it runs!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

RPS has not posted an article about the kickstarter yet? What? The hell are they doing?!?
I’ve posted on gaf about it but I don’t think there’s much more I can do… This should have been funded by now!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

wilco - 14 April 2016 05:18 PM

RPS has not posted an article about the kickstarter yet? What? The hell are they doing?!?
I’ve posted on gaf about it but I don’t think there’s much more I can do… This should have been funded by now!

Hehe, thanks Wilco! It must’ve worked, ‘cause we got backers from them. As for RPS, I’ll e-mail them via the main contact thingie. Then I’ll e-mail each and every one of them. Then I’ll e-mail everyone who’s ever commented on any article. Then I’ll… I’ll… I’ll…

Well, I’ll just try and be optimistic - we’re on day 10 of 30 and at 40% funded. Got some cool stuff planned for you guys, including streaming some live animating soon, if you’re into watching someone draw tens of almost identical doodles in a row (yaaay! *cheering noises*). I’ll be sure and announce when I’ll do that here, too.

And another thing I wanted to add: I don’t know about other genres, but adventure gamers and devs and journalists are the coolest and they stick together and really help each other out. Been getting a lot of support from all over the world, and you can’t really ask for more than that (well, other than getting funded and actually making the darned game Laughing ).

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Just a quick heads-up that we’ve been Greenlit on Steam in just 10 days. Yaaay!

Joined 2016-03-17

PM

Wow, that is amazing! Congratulations Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top