• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Hey Oscar Captain, can I fill the crew in on some of the details we missed by smashing the window rightaway? I mean, who’s that guy with the hook swimming in the water and why is he swimming anyway?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 07 April 2016 06:16 AM

Hey Oscar Captain, can I fill the crew in on some of the details we missed by smashing the window rightaway? I mean, who’s that guy with the hook swimming in the water and why is he swimming anyway?

Go ahead, shipmate. I was wondering that myself. My memory fails me on who he is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 07 April 2016 06:16 AM

Now that you’re making me think about it:

Oscar - 07 April 2016 04:59 AM

The reefs seem a little larger than you thought before.

He made the ship sail into the reefs and is now getting the heck out of Dodge?

So maybe we need to drop the anchor?

No mention of anyone with a hook, so far. One of Lafond’s men, perhaps?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Shipmate…?  Embarassed
What happened to the intrepid heroine with the damp chemise clinging to her gorgeous body?
Oh well… at least I’m not cast as a seagull.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 07 April 2016 06:21 AM

No mention of anyone with a hook, so far. One of Lafond’s men, perhaps?

I’ll fill you in, no problem. I have to replay some parts first and copy the text.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 07 April 2016 06:22 AM

Shipmate…?  Embarassed
What happened to the intrepid heroine with the damp chemise clinging to her gorgeous body?

She’s disguised as a cabin boy Wink

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

When we meet Andy Crulley in the intro, we have two turns to do something. We can clobber him over the head with the coffer twice. We can scream for help Or we can examine him: Smile

> x man
> The pirate’s unsavoury face is crisscrossed with scars, and those not from shaving nicks, to judge by his scruffy beard. A hook replaces one of his hands at the end of a torn black sleeve.
> ask man about hook
> He snarls at the memory, “Twere bit off by a monster crocodile”.

I’ll save the bit about why he is swimming for later. We should explore the ship before trying to get off.

Oscar - 07 April 2016 06:32 AM
Karlok - 07 April 2016 06:22 AM

Shipmate…?  Embarassed

She’s disguised as a cabin boy Wink

Damn! That’s right, I forgot. So I tried just now to climb the ladder in my frock, to see how the pirates would react to my presence, but no dice, the game won’t let me.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’m on the deck, let me try:

>Remove shirt
You remove the shirt, exposing your elbows.
  A sailor notices the roundness of your body through the lace of your chemise. “A woman,” he gasps, “free, aboard this ship!”
  It’s been rather a long time since any of the crew have dealt with the fairer sex, and they are a bit rough, despite Rodney Quick’s exhortations.

***  You have died   ***

Gasp

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oopsie! Frown

So much for The Falcon’s assurance that if anything goes wrong, I should turn to Cookie (= Rodney Quick): He’s quite deaf but capable, he’ll see you through.

HA!

Okay, so he also told me to stay below…

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So basically, I skipped a few deaths by immediately putting on those clothes?

What happens if we waste 20 turns by waiting? (Or however long we have until the ship crashes into the reefs - I’ve totally convinced myself that’s going to happen)

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 07 April 2016 07:33 AM

What happens if we waste 20 turns by waiting? (Or however long we have until the ship crashes into the reefs - I’ve totally convinced myself that’s going to happen)

Totally convinced but wrong.  Tongue

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I figure, if you wait, and wait… you’ll die eventually, that’s why the death is welcomed in these kind of games anyway (it’s really a half-real time game, I guess some parts are done in the background nevertheless of what you do, and some are triggered by your actions/solving puzzles).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 07 April 2016 07:35 AM

Totally convinced but wrong.  Tongue

Darnit.

Alright then. Let’s examine further.

>n

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 07 April 2016 08:03 AM

I figure, if you wait, and wait… you’ll die eventually, that’s why the death is welcomed in these kind of games anyway (it’s really a half-real time game, I guess some parts are done in the background nevertheless of what you do, and some are triggered by your actions/solving puzzles).

It does have the feeling of death around every corner, but it’s actually quite forgiving. I’m not even sure you can get yourself into an unwinnable position, aside from doing stupid stuff like throwing items into the sea.

>N
Main Deck
  It is a deceptively quiet evening on the ship, the pirates singing low shanties as they repair cannon, twist ropes and sharpen daggers. The mainmast casts an inky shadow over the canvas screening the hatch. A tangled mass of rigging hangs down from the mast, like many rope ladders woven together.
  The reefs seem a little larger than you thought before.
  Two large barrels stand near the stair to the foredeck.

>X PIRATES
Captain Jamison’s crew are a ragged, toothless bunch, all sporting jagged scars. Despite their abhorrent appearances, they call friendlily to each other.

>X MAINMAST
The mast stands tall and powerful, shrouded in the rigging.

>X RIGGING
The mast stands tall and powerful, shrouded in the rigging.

>X BARRELS
The two open barrels contain rum and water, you can tell by the smell of each. They are identical but for the dark stains around the mouth of the rum barrel.

>I
You have a slab of pork and your reticule (hanging from your wrist). It seems that your reticule contains a cotton frock, a missive, a jewelled brooch, an invitation, smelling salts and a banknote. You are wearing a shirt, breeches, your kid slippers and a linen chemise.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 07 April 2016 08:34 AM

I’m not even sure you can get yourself into an unwinnable position, aside from doing stupid stuff like throwing items into the sea.

Okkkk, then - >throw chemise into sea (just kidding Grin )

>taste rum
>n

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top