• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

No one wants to try and get through that window? That’s no attitude to have. What kind of swashbucklin’ she-buccaneers are yer all?

Pan

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

BTW, this thread has showed me exactly how the adventures evolved from text to graphics:

- Oscar, can we have a map?
Sure.

- Oscar, can you show us where our character is?
Sure, no problem.

- Oscar, can you show us the inventory?
OK.

- Oscar, can you draw the location for us?
Umm… OK.

- Oscar, can you animate the hero? Grin

(Don’t worry, Oscar, you don’t have to draw the hero… YET!! Crazy )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I’d have to make it FMV. With me playing the Falcon (naturally) and diego as Randy Andy. Tongue

FMV cast:
Karlok: The gorgeous and intrepid heroine
Oscar: The handsome and swashbuckling Captain Jamison (The Falcon)
diego: Andy Crulley (Randy Andy)
Timovieman: The heroine’s father
zobraks: The sinister, evil Jean Lafond
Advie: A seagull

Music? Well, you play guitar. Give us a theme song!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL!

Diego, let’s post some commands.

PSssss: I would not accept the role of Crulley if I were you. This may not be immediately apparent, but he’s not a nice guy.

PS2: Oscar, we should give Advie the part of Cookie with the peg-leg. More interesting than any seagull.

PS3: Scores, yes very important! We got 1 (one) whole point for picking up the pile of clothes in the cupboard. Only 24 more points to go.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, one theme song right up!!! Tongue

Karlok - 06 April 2016 07:59 PM

PSssss: I would not accept the role of Crulley if I were you. This may not be immediately apparent, but he’s not a nice guy.

Does he get any girls in the course of the game? If so, I’m fine with it. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Oscar - 06 April 2016 06:28 PM

No one wants to try and get through that window? That’s no attitude to have. What kind of swashbucklin’ she-buccaneers are yer all?

Umm…
Kick out window?

Or if that’s not ladylike enough,
Smash window with coffer.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 06 April 2016 08:36 PM

OK, one theme song right up!!! Tongue

Hehe! Brilliant! Laughing

I can feel the salty sea winds (and seagull poop) blowing through my hair already! Link added to OP.

crabapple - 06 April 2016 10:11 PM

Umm…
Kick out window?

Or if that’s not ladylike enough,
Smash window with coffer.

>KICK WINDOW
Kicking the window accomplishes nothing.
  The end of a rope ladder blows by.

>THROW COFFER THROUGH WINDOW
You hurl the coffer through the window, sending it and a shower of glass into the sea. The ledge now looks deep enough to sit upon.
  The end of a rope ladder blows past the window.

>I
You have your reticule (hanging from your wrist), an invitation, a jewelled brooch, a missive and a cotton frock. It seems that your reticule contains smelling salts and a banknote. You are wearing a shirt, breeches, your kid slippers and a linen chemise.

Great work crabapple! We now have 2 points out of 25, giving us the rank of…

Damsel in Distress. Still.  Foot in mouth

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Right then. Shall we see what’s up that ladder?

“Aye”, echoes the chorus of scallywags known as your crew.

>S
You climb onto the ledge. The ladder drifts within reach.

>CLIMB LADDER
You put everything in your reticule and reach out for the ladder and over-balance, tumbling from your perch. Your hand closes on a slimy hemp rung as you fly out over the waves, clinging tenuously, feet free, to the ladder.

On the Ladder
  You are clinging to a slimy ladder, tied to a rail of the poop deck above you. Not far from your feet, waves kiss the stern of the ship.

>CLIMB LADDER
You climb up the ladder.
  All air is driven out of you as the ladder slams into the stern.

>CLIMB LADDER
You climb up the ladder, passing the halfway point.
  Rebounding, the ladder twists you around to face the Helena Louise.

>CLIMB LADDER
You climb up the ladder.
  The ladder swings back towards the Helena Louise.

>CLIMB LADDER
You heave yourself over the stern rail and sink breathless to the deck of the Helena Louise.

Poop
  From this platform deck you can see the whole of the two-masted ship, shadowy forms moving about here and there. A railing protects you from stepping off the deck in any direction but to the fore. A rope ladder is tied to the railing at the stern of the ship.
  The ship is floating midway between the island and a line of reefs.

>X RAILING
Completely common looking railing.

>X ISLAND
St. Sinistra is blessed with lush tropical beauty, jungle besieging the mansion atop the southern cliffs.

>X REEFS
A line of reefs separates the lagoon from the sea beyond.

>X MAST
The mast stands tall and powerful, shrouded in the rigging.

>I
You have your reticule (hanging from your wrist). It seems that your reticule contains a cotton frock, a missive, a jewelled brooch, an invitation, smelling salts and a banknote. You are wearing a shirt, breeches, your kid slippers and a linen chemise.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Grog Break

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

>take rope (untie rope)
>n

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>UNTIE LADDER
The rope is tied in too complex a knot.
  Your eyes are drawn to a flicker of light off the sea. Squinting, you see a man swimming to shore, moonlight flashing off his hook. A wisp of breeze brings an odor of onions and rum, and the occasional gargling chuckle, “...mischief, har…reefs.”

>N
Quarterdeck
  No torches are lit, or needed on this moonlit night, except in the deep shadows cast by the huge navigation wheel. Men move about to the fore, talking quietly. Under the stairs aft to the poop is a barred door.
  The ship is floating midway between the island and a line of reefs.
  Abaft the wheel sits a large pyramid of casks, held in place by a heavy rope.
  Cannon line the deck, aimed at open sea and the island.

>X MEN
Completely common looking man.

>X DOOR
It is closed and barred.

>X WHEEL
There’s nothing extraordinary about the navigation wheel.

>X CASKS
Lying on their sides, the casks are stacked in a rather shaky pyramid: perhaps that’s why someone has tied the rope about them. A cask on one corner has lost its lid. “Hey, boy! Get away from those. It ain’t safe!” yells a sailor.

>X ROPE
Heavy-duty, hand-twisted rope is pulled taut around the pyramid of casks. It runs directly over the open-ended cask. A seaman calls over, “Boy, take care. Them casks ain’t safe, they could push ye overboard!”

>X CANNON
Huge, old and blackened, these cannon have seen many battles.
  The reefs seem a little larger than you thought before.

>I
You have an invitation, a jewelled brooch, a missive, your reticule (hanging from your wrist) and a cotton frock. It seems that your reticule contains smelling salts and a banknote. You are wearing a shirt, breeches, your kid slippers and a linen chemise.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 06 April 2016 11:32 AM

Wow, the map looks great! Cool Oscar, you’re spoiling us! If I had the treatment like this every time, I wouldn’t mind playing ANY text adventure! Crazy

Seconded!

Hey, hey, hey, no need for a hint. Throwing the coffer through the window would have been my very next suggestion!

Karlok - 06 April 2016 07:59 PM

LOL!
And he made such a nice first impression, what with the attempted rape and all…

diego - 07 April 2016 04:41 AM

>take rope (untie rope)

Brilliant! I wouldn’t have thought of that!

@ Oscar:

> look in cask
> open door

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>OPEN DOOR
Someone yells from ahead, “Cap’n ‘ll have your hide if you go down there!” You haven’t the strength to lift the bar anyway.

>LOOK IN CASK
You can see a slab of pork.

>GET PORK
The slab of pork is beyond your reach at the bottom of the cask.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

> get in cask
> get pork
> out

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>GET IN CASK
You crawl into the cask, feeling a slab of something stuck on the bottom. From this close, you can see the line is getting frayed where it rubs against the cask.

>GET PORK
You peel it off the cask.

>OUT
[cask]
You get out of the cask.

>X PORK
The slab of pork, caked white with salt, is rock-hard.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top