• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

crabapple - 05 April 2016 12:50 PM

Walk to curtain
Open curtain

I used “get up” instead of “walk to curtain” because you must use North, South, East or West (N,S,E,W) to walk somewhere. And you can’t walk anywhere with the door closed.

>GET UP
You get out of the bed.

>OPEN CURTAIN
You pull the cloth aside momentarily. Behind it, a large cupboard mostly blocks the doorway.
  You hear the large cupboard scrape, and turn to see Captain Jamison. “Hello! I came down to give you this—my allotment from the coffer.” He nods at the box in his arms.
  Jamison starts to pin a jewelled brooch on your clothes, but, “Devil take it, the clasp is broken. I’ll have it repaired.” He folds the pretty thing into your hand. “And I meant to reassure you that if the men suddenly abandon ship, they are off to help me. Rodney will stay behind with you.” He drops the coffer on the floor, smiling in farewell, and walks swiftly away.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Did I miss something, or we don’t know at this point why Captain Davis betrayed us?!

Also, “She was only a tool of Lafond’s, anyway” implies that the pirate attack wasn’t exactly expected by him?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 05 April 2016 01:05 PM

Did I miss something, or we don’t know at this point why Captain Davis betrayed us?!

Also, “She was only a tool of Lafond’s, anyway” implies that the pirate attack wasn’t exactly expected by him?

Yes. The missive tells you that Lafond’s letter was sent to lure you to him, without your father’s permission. Your father sent the pirates to get you from Davis. And we learn from Jamison that Lafond has your father captive.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

>move cupboard
>push cupboard
>examine cupboard

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Captain’s Quarters
  You can see a coffer here.

>MOVE CUPBOARD
The large cupboard is not flush against the doorsill. You might be able to squeeze past it.

>PUSH CUPBOARD
The large cupboard is not flush against the doorsill. You might be able to squeeze past it.

>EXAMINE CUPBOARD
You can see only the back of the large cupboard. You might be able to squeeze past it.

Map update:

So far we have:

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

Oscar - 05 April 2016 12:58 PM

>GET UP
  You hear the large cupboard scrape, and turn to see Captain Jamison. “Hello! I came down to give you this—my allotment from the coffer.” He nods at the box in his arms.

If memory serves me, one nice touch here is that you can change what you’re wearing before Jamison arrives, and he will react appropriately.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 05 April 2016 09:37 AM

Nope. What you can do, is put Crulley under the bed although he doesn’t stay there when the ship rolls. Smile

What’s the point in that? Just amass a pile of bodies that you knocked out with the coffer. It’s more intimidating. Tongue

Yes! Good girl, Timovieman.

Pragmatism FTW! Cool

Slightly different response from Jamison, but the same thing. You don’t really want to stay with Davis and his crew, do you…?

Isn’t that what saying “No” means?

No, but it should, because it replies “aye” when you save/restore.

Logical follow-up: can you at any point say “Arrrrr!”? Grin

eriktorbjorn - 06 April 2016 03:28 AM

If memory serves me, one nice touch here is that you can change what you’re wearing before Jamison arrives, and he will react appropriately.

Interesting!

> Open cupboard
> Look in cupboard

If anything can be examined in the cupboard, do that first. I assume this is where the change of clothes is? Could we try that?

If not:

> squeeze past cupboard

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Captain’s Quarters
  You can see a coffer here.

>OPEN CUPBOARD
The door is on the other side of the large cupboard.
  Men clomp about overhead and a rope ladder unfurls itself past the window. Jamison climbs down it, entering the skiff that awaits him below. He rows to the island as the men above your head disperse, calling farewells to their captain.

>LOOK IN CUPBOARD
You can see only the back of the large cupboard. You might be able to squeeze past it.
  The end of a rope ladder blows past the window.

>NORTH
The large cupboard is not flush against the doorsill. You squeeze through the opening between cupboard and wall.

Landing
  You are on the landing of a steep stairway heading up and down. A large cupboard against the aft wall blocks the doorway to the captain’s quarters.

>

(You can just use “N” or North” instead of “squeeze past cupboard”)

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Is there a command to see the possible exits?

>n

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

diego - 06 April 2016 04:29 AM

Is there a command to see the possible exits?

>n

Not that I’m aware - the room description will generally do that. In this case, the “Landing” description tells you that there is a stairway and you can go up or down, or south (aft) back to the Captain’s Quarters.

Map update:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

>down

Total Posts: 181

Joined 2005-11-15

PM

TimovieMan - 06 April 2016 03:44 AM

If anything can be examined in the cupboard, do that first. I assume this is where the change of clothes is? Could we try that?

Either that, or - for a different reaction - you could take off some of the clothes you are already wearing.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>DOWN
Aft Hold
  This is a gloomy, damp area at the bottom of the Helena Louise. To the fore there seems to be a little more light, or you can climb up some steep stairs.

>

Note: Fore is north, aft is south. It doesn’t matter which you use.

Also, New playthrough rule: Travelling is a free move. No need to type NSWNSNE to get somewhere far away, just say “go to (location)”. It’s easier that way.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 06 April 2016 03:44 AM

What’s the point in that?

No point at all. That’s why the game rolls him right back at your feet. Smile

Isn’t that what saying “No” means?

Heh. Don’t you know that when a woman says no she means yes? At least in pulp fiction.

eriktorbjorn - 06 April 2016 03:28 AM

eriktorbjorn - 06 April 2016 04:50 AM

Either that, or - for a different reaction - you could take off some of the clothes you are already wearing.

Nobody has found any clothes yet, so you’re spoiling this playthrough for people who haven’t played Plundered Hearts. Please put any spoilers in spoiler tags. Having said that, I’ll post the “different reaction” because we’re already past that point:

[spoiler]You hear the large cupboard scrape, turn, and cover yourself as best as you can with what you’re holding, for Jamison stands there, his eyes burning through your lightweight chemise. He chuckles, “I’m not sorry in the least that I surprised you. I came down to give you this”... etcetera.[/spoiler]

More truly disgusting stuff which has nothing to do with the plot. Smile

> undress (in Davis’cabin)
> With pirates attacking? Mama would have been shocked.

> undress (in Jamison’s cabin with him present)
> That’s not done in polite society.

> feel self
> Caressing yourself doesn’t do anything.

> kiss self
> Mama warned you of the dangers of onanism.

> look inside chemise
> Just you and your unmentionables.

> feel unmentionables
> Shh! Why do you think they’re called unmentionables?

The game says it doesn’t know the F-word, but it has some interesting comments when you try to kiss every man in sight with varying degrees of success.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 06 April 2016 06:39 AM

> kiss self
> Mama warned you of the dangers of onanism.

> look inside chemise
> Just you and your unmentionables.

> feel unmentionables
> Shh! Why do you think they’re called unmentionables?

The game says it doesn’t know the F-word, but it has some interesting comments when you try to kiss every man in sight with varying degrees of success.

Well, they DID think of a lot of comments to put in there…

Could we have opened the cupboard from the other side?
Were our clothes in that coffer? Or was “undress” the only possible “change of clothes”???

Always interested in the branches of these things. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top