• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Tango #1: Plundered Hearts

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

What? I don’t understand (see PM) Confused

Anyone can join. This is a test run and PH is an easy, straightforward game. Beginners and those who have already played the game are more than welcome!!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oscar - 04 April 2016 06:23 AM

What? I don’t understand (see PM) Confused

It’s okay Oscar. Really.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Current participants: Oscar (leader), Karlok.

Anyone else?

(Free cookies!)  Yum

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I might be interested.

Is waiting for replies here not going to make this take ages to finish??? Meh, we’ll see how it goes…

My suggestion in the game is also to start with the obvious. Which means “LOOK”. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Great! I’ll use the “VERBOSE” mode which will automatically give a description of the location and all objects in it.

I think I’ll just cut and paste for now, otherwise it will be a huge screen of repeated actions.

Well, let’s get started. Others can join in later. You can start us off Tim, or anyone. You can make multiple moves if you want.

(Part I)

PLUNDERED HEARTS
Infocom interactive fiction
Copyright (c) 1987 by Infocom, Inc. All rights reserved.
PLUNDERED HEARTS is a trademark of Infocom, Inc.
Release 26 / Serial number 870730

LATE ONE SPRING NIGHT IN THE WEST INDIES…

A crash overhead! Pirates are boarding the Lafond Deux! The first mate hurries you into Captain Davis’s cabin.
  “Good, you brought the girl,” Davis smirks. “She’ll keep the pirates busy. She was only a tool of Lafond’s, anyway. Let me just find that cof—” A man on deck screams in agony and Davis starts. “Let’s go.” The captain thrusts you on the bed and walks out, locking the door.
  His laugh echoes. “Best get comfortable, girl. You’re likely to be there for the rest of your life.”

Cabin, on the bed
  You are in an officer’s cabin, lit by the firelight glowing through a porthole. A door is to starboard. Except for the built-in bed, the room seems to have been emptied thoroughly, if hurriedly.

>

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Can I offer some advice? Just examining everything will take forever if one command is all you’re allowed. Do all the visible objects in each location in one turn, e.g. look at bed, porthole, door.  Or let every participant post 5 commands in one turn.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Okay, 5 commands it is.

>EXAMINE PORTHOLE
Through the porthole you see the bow of the pirate ship bucking in the high seas, lit by the fires burning on deck. It is called the “Helena Louise.” Odd, that was your mother’s name.
  “Aaieeee!” echoes a scream, followed by several grunts and thumps.

>EXAMINE BED
Other than yourself, you can see nothing on the bed.

>EXAMINE DOOR
It is closed.

>

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

So I’ve still two more guesses. Smile

inventory
examine self

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>INVENTORY
You have your reticule (hanging from your wrist). It seems that your reticule contains smelling salts and a banknote. You are wearing your kid slippers, a linen chemise and a cotton frock.

>EXAMINE SELF
You are wearing a cotton frock, very pretty, if a tad outmoded for today’s fashions.
  Suddenly, the ship lurches to one side, throwing you out of the bed. A coffer slides from under the bed and bumps against your foot.
  With a creak and a crash, somewhere a mast falls to the deck.

>

I should mention, you can die in the game Smile

Now it’s someone else’s turn.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

How about

Pick up coffer.

Open coffer.

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

>PICK UP COFFER
Taken.

>OPEN COFFER
It’s quite locked.
  “The Falcon! The Falcon conquers!” yells someone.

Remember, anyone can go next as long as they have not used 5 moves immediately before. Or Crabapple can make 3 more moves.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Examine reticule.
Examine salts.
Examine banknote.

Open porthole.
Hide / go under bed.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fart

(sorry, have to try it)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 05 April 2016 06:45 AM

Fart

(sorry, have to try it)

That was more a Larry type thing.

> Masturbate

“Larry, the whole point of the game was to STOP doing that.”

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 05 April 2016 06:47 AM

> Masturbate

“Larry, the whole point of the game was to STOP doing that.”

Grin

Reminds me of the dictionary in Blackadder:

-Sir! I hope you’re not using the first English dictionary to look up rude words!

-I wouldn’t be too hopeful—that’s what all the other ones will be used for.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top