• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Some dark mature games?

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2011-08-19

PM

I really need some adventure games that are more dark, i got The Dark Eye which a user recommended me on the other thread, Advie, i think Smile and so far i’m really enjoying it, but i think i need some more realistic, mature and dark games as well.
Are there any good quality ones? along the lines of Gabriel Knight, Black Mirror, Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain or even Overclocked and Still Life. I played those and i fell in love with them, since i really think that dark games can become way immersive Smile
Thanks!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Here’s a variety of stuff, some horror some not since I couldn’t figure out exactly what you want:

Sanitarium (more realistic than it appears, and very dark in theme)
Dark Seed (similar premise and feel to Black Mirror) and Shadow of the Comet
Dreamweb (futuristic, but realistic and gritty)
Countdown
Black Dahlia
Elk Moon Murders (FMV murder mystery) and Carol Reed Black Circle (photorealistic mystery series with serious and surprisingly quite dark themes)
Curses, Trinity and A Mind Forever Voyaging (text)

The Police Quest games can also be quite dark and are certainly realistic. I think number four is regarded as the best and most serious.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2011-08-19

PM

Thanks for the great answer, that was exactly what i want, some dark stories you see, that appeal to mature crouds, with depressive themes and such

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I’ll add I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream. Very dark. Depressive themes. And definitely mature.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

All the ones I can think of have been mentioned but I just want to second Sanitarium. I loved that game and it’s available on GoG.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Blackstone Chronicles

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Scratches: Director’s Cut, the Dark Fall series, Gemini Rue, Yesterday, Shadow of the Comet, Shadow of Destiny, Amnesia: The Dark Descent for a blend of old school and more modern adventures besides the ones that have already been mentioned.

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Has anyone else noticed that dark, mature 3rd person point and click games have come scarce lately?

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

MoonBird - 09 September 2012 03:53 AM

Has anyone else noticed that dark, mature 3rd person point and click games have come scarce lately?

How about the soon-to-be-released Asylum and Stasis?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

While some great titles were mentioned, none of them (and I really mean it) can’t compare even to the slightest to the depression and creepines of the story The Dark Eye (that you already play) offers. Many are more scary though…

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Schneckchen ^.^ - 08 September 2012 01:35 PM

All the ones I can think of have been mentioned but I just want to second Sanitarium. I loved that game and it’s available on GoG.

And I will second it again Smile It’s an absolute must-play for every dark theme lover. One of the most twisted games I’ve ever played. It gave me some creepy dreams at the time I was into it.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 09 September 2012 03:55 AM
MoonBird - 09 September 2012 03:53 AM

How about the soon-to-be-released Asylum and Stasis?

I thought Asylum was 1st person. Unless they changed it without telling me… that sneaky Agustin…!  Shifty Eyed

Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon was certainly dark; whether it’s mature or not is probably up to the player. But seeing as someone listed Yesterday I think almost anything is fair game Tongue

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

Realms of the Haunting - a combination of adventure game with FPS.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Sefir - 09 September 2012 05:03 AM

While some great titles were mentioned, none of them (and I really mean it) can’t compare even to the slightest to the depression and creepines of the story The Dark Eye (that you already play) offers. Many are more scary though…

Heh. Confusion reigns. There are two Dark Eyes. The Satinas one which Advie recommended, by Daedalic. And the Poe one, by Inscape.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Asylum is now a 2D platformer for PSP Vita and Nintendo 3DS.

Can’t recommend Inscape’s The Dark Eye enough. It’s among the scariest games ever made, and perhaps one of the very few that could be called “art”.

Another one would be Bad Day On The Midway, also by Inscape. It’s far more twisted and disturbing, but not as scary.

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Ingsoc - 09 September 2012 07:49 AM

Realms of the Haunting - a combination of adventure game with FPS.

This is a fantastic, underrated game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top