• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #7: Primordia

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

So the next challenge is Primordia, a post-apocalyptic point & click adventure from Wadjet Eye Games.
Here’s the official description:

What happened to the humans? Set in a post-apocalyptic world strewn with cast-off pieces of machinery, Primordia tells the story of Horatio Nullbuilt, who finds his peaceful existence threatened when a rogue robot steals his power core—the sole source of energy fueling his ship and keeping him alive. To recover it, the robot and his companion, Crispin, must leave behind their idyllic home for Metropol, the city of glass and light. Their quest to reclaim what has been taken away will lead Horatio to unexpected discoveries about his origins—and a new understanding of the humans who walked the earth before him.

Let’s stick with the 8-day deadline, so we have to finish it by next Tuesday, 8th March. I’ve never played this one, so I hope it’s not too hard.
Available on GOG and Steam.

Have fun. Smile

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Sorry, a little technical difficulty, I wanted to include a picture in my first post, but I’m not sure how to do it.
I thought I just have to write the link between the img-tags (that’s what I uploaded: http://imgur.com/0sCmhaw), but it doesn’t seem to work, and I can’t find the forum FAQ.

Can someone help me, please? Sorry for noobing. Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

cirroid - 29 February 2016 06:19 AM

Can someone help me, please? Sorry for noobing. Tongue

You tried to link to the imgur page where the image is, not the image itself. Address is http://i.imgur.com/0sCmhawl.jpg.

Fixed it for you.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Oh… right, that was a dumb mistake. Hope the puzzle solving will go better. Grin

Thank you!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Great choice!, my 2nd Fav of WE after GR Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

First Wadjet Eye published I played. I also think think Gemini is better, mostly because of it’s great story but this one was also pretty good.
I’m in for the challenge

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

“P’sod!” Doomsday can wait, Nerd  I am in too!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

B’sod! i will join too, at least for a little. Im a very big fan of this game’s atmosphere and lore.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ll probably join as well. Steam says that I completed my first playthrough in 6 hours, so it shouldn’t be a problem.

Also, robots from the future using “b’sod” as an expletive is the cleverest thing ever, and one of the things I loved about Primordia.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

horatio: “it just goes to show, garbage in greatness out”  Grin
Im glad to be back in this world, reading the gospel of man and taking sass from crispin Tongue

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

Played an hour yesterday evening, so far so good, I liked everything, especially the music. And Crispin, of course. Wink

I answered the three questions of the guardian robot, but I don’t know my name yet.
Just arrived at the newest location, the dome.

Haha, b’sod completely flew over my head, had to google it. Good one.

Was “And you know that toasters are evil” a Battlestar Galactica reference?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

“Man Built us build”, Horatio. This quote alone triggers a new dimension for ‘Do androids dream of electric sheep’, i wonder how P.K.D would have reacted to this plot, ..total envy i guess!

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

It seems I won’t be able to play again until Friday Neutral, but then I’ll get down to it.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Finished the first part and reached Metropol.

I find that I’m remembering more than I expected to—especially all the puzzles I had trouble with the first time around.

I really like the world. I like how the game imagines a world in which only robots are left after mankind has bombed itself into oblivion, and how old history has become mythology. The bit where Horatio finds the human skeleton and thinks it’s some sort of primitive robot is a particularly nice touch.

The bit where you realize that the sign saying Unniic is actually the top half of HORUS is also a nice moment, even though I remembered it from my first playthrough.

By the way, I really like that the robots do not speak with “robotic” voices. That’s such a stupid trope. If technology is able to make self-aware robots, surely decent voice synthesis is not a big problem. So, props to Primordia for doing this right!

I remember enjoying the first half more than the second one. The lonely atmosphere of the Dunes impressed me more than the somewhat hackneyed big-brothery stuff in Metropol. We’ll see if I still feel this way this time around.

EDIT: Oh, and I like Crispin. Quick poll: when it comes to trigger-happy robot sidekicks, how do we rank Crispin, Joey (BASS) and SAM (Feeble Files)? I’d probably put Joey first, then maybe Crispin and SAM, but it’s a close call.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Kurufinwe - 03 March 2016 04:38 PM

EDIT: Oh, and I like Crispin. Quick poll: when it comes to trigger-happy robot sidekicks, how do we rank Crispin, Joey (BASS) and SAM (Feeble Files)? I’d probably put Joey first, then maybe Crispin and SAM, but it’s a close call.

That would be a terrific poll, Kuru..
I would go myself for Crispin, more fun and the light hints he provides just the perfect innovation of an inside game-hint-system; totally Un-spoilerish and inside the context.
But no doubt that such a poll will result Joey to win!, nostalgia factor here is just too high here.
SAM wouldn’t hold a chance against those two Sidekicks. IMO
but please, if you want to set a match, go for it, Kuru!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I played for a while and I am pretty close to Metropol now, I rememver far less than I think I would, got stuck a couple of times in probably the same places I did the first time…

The backgrounds in the game are amazing, probably the best of the Wadget Eye library. The voices of the 2 main characters are also top notch.

About the sidekicks, although Crispin is cool I would go with Joey EXTERMINATE EXTERMINATE

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top