• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! #5: Memoria

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Thanks to Kurufinwe for a fun challenge with 80 days!
On to the next challenge. In keeping with the other challenges: 8 days to finish Daedalic’s Memoria. I have not played through it so im not sure how long this game is. I would guess that its “standard length.” Both gog and steam have this game on sale right now for $3 at least until tomorrow. Memoria is a sequel to the dark eye: chains of satinav, an adventure I have played and enjoyed quite a bit. It seems this game follows two plot threads: a continuation of the events of the last game, and also a new group of characters. So if you have not played the original, you’ll still be introduced to a number of characters for the first time.
Adventure on!

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Definitely in on this one. I haven’t played either Memoria or Chains of Satinav yet, so this should be a good experience. Going to purchase it from Steam right now!

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Looking forward to this. I first tried Chains of Satinav a few years ago, but I wasn’t in the right frame of mind for it; it bored me to death and I abandoned it halfway through (something I almost never do).

But then a few weeks ago, I decided to give it another chance, and thought it was a fine game. Nuri annoyed me, and Geron having a crush on a girl with the intellectual development of a four-year-old was just gross, but apart from that the game was pretty good.

And now, I’m ready for the sequel! I had actually bought the game in the Steam sale a few days ago, intending to get to it soon. So this challenge couldn’t have come at a better time.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Kurufinwe - 11 February 2016 05:02 PM

Looking forward to this. I first tried Chains of Satinav a few years ago, but I wasn’t in the right frame of mind for it; it bored me to death and I abandoned it halfway through (something I almost never do).

Personally I thought Memoria is the better game of the two. I liked the character better as I found the dude in Chains to be just a whiny emo and annoying one at that (are there even other kind?).

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not sure if I’ll finish this one but I’m in.
Neves played CoS or Blackguards or enything related to The Dark Eye. Don’t even know what it’s about.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wilco - 11 February 2016 06:23 PM

Not sure if I’ll finish this one but I’m in.
Neves played CoS or Blackguards or enything related to The Dark Eye. Don’t even know what it’s about.

I think it woukd be fair to say the dark eye is a dungeons and dragons clone. So high fantasy, dwarves, elves, magical artifacts and deity schemes. That sort of thing.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

OK, finished act 1 (of 8, if I’m reading the achievements right). Took about an hour and a half. It was fine. I really like Sadja; she’s a pretty unconventional protagonist. And she now has an intriguing sidekick! I wish the game could be just about her instead of periodically cutting back to Whatshisface and his talking pigeon.

Also, I really like that most Daedalic games let you play with the original German voices and English subtitles. Dubbing a game, a movie or a TV show into a language it wasn’t made in should be a crime punishable by death as far as I’m concerned.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

So german language is the way to go? (like Whispered World). I was thinking that because I played the prologue and while the protagonist and man in the tent sounded ok the girl didn’t.

The events of the first game, it dealt with the guy from the prologue (can’t remember the name) stepping up from his simple roots and saving the world?

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 12 February 2016 02:26 PM

The events of the first game, it dealt with the guy from the prologue (can’t remember the name) stepping up from his simple roots and saving the world?

Basically yes. Also, he met this fairy called Nuri, who’s a complete airhead, and she was an unwitting part of the bad guy’s plan; in order to save her and the world, he had to transfer her mind into a raven’s body. So now he wants to turn her back into a girl so that he can bang her. Basically.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’d love to play this game again but I still have TWAU which I’m part way through, loving & would dearly love to get on with & after conclusion + Cognition having missed the 8 day challenges by weeks - which could turn into months!  Laughing

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Solid choice, i wish i could jump in, but i am playing already three ags at the current time, plus i had finished replaying this series only 2months ago.

Since my native language is Arabic, I wanted to bring in my idea of this game hero’s name; Sajia Alkabir; whish is quite strange, and i am not sure how it serves the character, but i am also sure wasn’t given haphazardly, since there are many Arabic references said during the game from different characters.

Sadji : Means sadistic (male)
Sadjia: Sadism or Sadistic (female)
Al-kabir: The Enormous big, The great.

so her name is pronounced in Arabic tongue perfectly!, and it means The Great Sadistic!
you can listen here for google translator, pronouncing this Arabic sentence, which is also translated as Great Sadistic, you can also read the English pronunciation, for that Arabic sentence right (in english letters), below at the screen (which is not very accurate when if you ask me, but gives the idea) 

Kurufinwe - 12 February 2016 02:22 PM

Also, I really like that most Daedalic games let you play with the original German voices and English subtitles. Dubbing a game, a movie or a TV show into a language it wasn’t made in should be a crime punishable by death as far as I’m concerned.

I agree but not to that extend.
TNoTR had better English voices (dubbed) than the original German, which was exceptional!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 12 February 2016 03:17 PM

Solid choice, i wish i could jump in, but i am playing already three ags at the current time

And so, he was cured… Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 12 February 2016 03:25 PM

Solid choice, i wish i could jump in, but i am playing already three ags at the current time

And so, he was cured… Grin

or I was cured back then, and this is the perfect relapse Tongue

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Quick note: It looks like the quest log screen (with the picture that fills in as you progress) is completely buggy, adding elements before you actually encounter them in-game. I guess I’m going to avoid it from now on.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Kurufinwe - 12 February 2016 02:22 PM

OK, finished act 1 (of 8, if I’m reading the achievements right). Took about an hour and a half. It was fine. I really like Sadja; she’s a pretty unconventional protagonist. And she now has an intriguing sidekick! I wish the game could be just about her instead of periodically cutting back to Whatshisface and his talking pigeon.

i just finished the first chapter as well. Sadja and the staff are definitely a likable duo and i hope we see more of them. I almost wish they were the focus, but i do really want to see what becomes of nuri and whatshisface Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also finished the first chapter. Not much to say but it’s promising so far. Puzzles are challenging fast.

Solid choice, i wish i could jump in, but i am playing already three ags at the current time, plus i had finished replaying this series only 2months ago.

Since my native language is Arabic, I wanted to bring in my idea of this game hero’s name; Sajia Alkabir; whish is quite strange, and i am not sure how it serves the character, but i am also sure wasn’t given haphazardly, since there are many Arabic references said during the game from different characters.

Sadji : Means sadistic (male)
Sadjia: Sadism or Sadistic (female)
Al-kabir: The Enormous big, The great.

so her name is pronounced in Arabic tongue perfectly!, and it means The Great Sadistic!
you can listen here for google translator, pronouncing this Arabic sentence, which is also translated as Great Sadistic, you can also read the English pronunciation, for that Arabic sentence right (in english letters), below at the screen (which is not very accurate when if you ask me, but gives the idea) 

Nice info Thumbs Up  that puts a new spin on the character Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top