• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Beneath A Steel Sky 2

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2006-03-27

PM

It’s the $lm stretch goal for BS5 - Greenlight BASS2.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/165500047/broken-sword-the-serpents-curse-adventure

15 days to go… think they’ll do it?

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

$1 million seems very unlikely at this point. But anything’s possible.

I think we finish around $675k

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I agree with inm8#2 (so annoying to type out!), I doubt they’ll reach the 1 mil, though I sure hope they do. Unless there starts being a lot more press online so more people notice/get interested they will probably end up with about 650-700k if we’re being positive.

I’m happy though if they just end up reaching the first stretch goal.

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

No I don’t think so. Nice idea though. I thoroughly enjoyed BASS1.

Anyone have any thoughts on what story line they might follow in BASS2?

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2009-12-24

PM

Don’t like this at all.

they KNOW they wont reach the million, its a carrot on a giant stick to get them more cash by throwing a beloved ip in their fans faces without any substance or any chance of there being anything solid at the end.

im sure not everyone will agree with me, but it just seems unethical to me.

would be different if they set it at 800k, double the original goal, make perfect sense. but pushing it to a target the campaign has shown no sign of reaching really make their intentions clear.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

As I’ve said previously I’m not sure this fits within the confines of Kickstarter’s rules. Pinkerton Road was set up as a new firm that can make multiple games - this particular kickstarter is purely for broken sword 5 only. By adding an extra on as they have I believe that might not sit well with Kickstarter. They may consider pulling the listing.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

they might but seeing as they will include easter eggs to BS5 about BASS2 it’s still relevant.

as far as pushing it well you can’t blame them….they said welll DF got 3 mil what are we going to do if this gets past 800k?it’s still a possibility however small.

anyways….i think it’s pretty great….these guys offer to start work immediately instead of waiting it out.if it reaches 1mil having two much demanded sequels so quickly….i get drools Grin

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2009-03-01

PM

Don’t agree with Idris at all. I think this is pretty awesome and I think they’re gonna make it. And if they don’t I bet they’ll still make an extra kickstarter for it.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

So what do we think a BaSS2 would be about??!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

$1m seems unlikly at the current rate.

It also doesn’t imply that the game would get made with this money only that easter eggs would be put into BS5 pointing at a BaSS 2 game.

I would need to be developed from any profits of BS5 or , more likely, a whole new kickstarter.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Lucien21: What I got from it was, that this would mean the start of some pre-production (the look, story and such), which some of it would be manifested through easter eggs in BS5. And that seems pretty consistent with the cost of 200k.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top