• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! (The Wolf Among Us)

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

br305893 - 23 January 2016 03:12 PM

Also, are we going to do another one of these challenges?

Yes! Tomorrow will be the 8th day of this one, so I’ll wait until Monday to post the new one. Laughing

wilco - 23 January 2016 06:39 PM

I guess the horrible “Once Upon a Time” anticipated it…

Oh good, I’m not the only one who really disliked OUAT. It seems like pretty much everyone else around me loves it, and I’m like…-_-

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Fantasysci5 - 23 January 2016 09:24 PM
br305893 - 23 January 2016 03:12 PM

Also, are we going to do another one of these challenges?

Yes! Tomorrow will be the 8th day of this one, so I’ll wait until Monday to post the new one. Laughing

Good to hear! Definitely looking forward to playing whatever game you choose!

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hmmm interesting. finished. The end leaves some questions up in the air and im still processing it… but im leaning towards the nerissa we see at the end is actually faith, who managed to switch places with nerissa after her encounter with bigby, and nerissa was killed instead of faith. (which explains why bigby flashes back to swineheart not having the results back about faiths body). Perhaps them switching indenties was part of the plan for their escape (like faith was capable of doing something that nerissa could not), but things changed and faith took advantage of it. Also, when bigby asks the mirror to see faith, at least in my mind the mirror would just show her body because she is no longer bound by the ribbon in death, but instead the mirror still says “these lips are sealed.”

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zane - 24 January 2016 01:24 PM

hmmm interesting. finished. The end leaves some questions up in the air and im still processing it… but im leaning towards the nerissa we see at the end is actually faith, who managed to switch places with nerissa after her encounter with bigby, and nerissa was killed instead of faith. (which explains why bigby flashes back to swineheart not having the results back about faiths body). Perhaps them switching indenties was part of the plan for their escape (like faith was capable of doing something that nerissa could not), but things changed and faith took advantage of it. Also, when bigby asks the mirror to see faith, at least in my mind the mirror would just show her body because she is no longer bound by the ribbon in death, but instead the mirror still says “these lips are sealed.”

The mirror says the thing about Lily

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 24 January 2016 01:36 PM

im talking about the first episode before you even know about lily, this is optional: if you ask the mirror to see faiths father you see a corpse, if you ask him to see lawrence you see the house with the knife, if you ask him to see faith you get “these lips are sealed”

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zane - 24 January 2016 01:38 PM
Karlok - 24 January 2016 01:36 PM

im talking about the first episode before you even know about lily, this is optional: if you ask the mirror to see faiths father you see a corpse, if you ask him to see lawrence you see the house with the knife, if you ask him to see faith you get “these lips are sealed”

Yes, I know. So what does that prove about Faith? Nothing, because the mirror later says the same thing about dead Lily, although we already know where she is. Did you try asking the mirror about Lily? You can only do that once at a certain moment.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 24 January 2016 01:51 PM

Yes, I know. So what does that prove about Faith? Nothing, because the mirror later says the same thing about dead Lily, although we already know where she is. Did you try asking the mirror about Lily? You can only do that once at a certain moment.

I missed asking it about lily, so that would complicate things.
Im still leaning towards faith though. Particularly because it even fits her lore, masquerading as someone else to avoid danger.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

The ending is definitely very confusing and leaves a lot of questions in the air. That said, this is probably the most likely theory.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

theres no doubt they designed the end to have a “wait what?” reaction and be debatable. Even if they do make another season these events may remain hazy.
The more I think about it the more I liked the wolf among us.. and its completely in spite of the so-so gameplay. I’m going to keep my fingers crossed that they make more.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

the nerissa we see at the end is actually faith, who managed to switch places with nerissa after her encounter with bigby, and nerissa was killed instead of faith. (which explains why bigby flashes back to swineheart not having the results back about faiths body). Perhaps them switching indenties was part of the plan for their escape (like faith was capable of doing something that nerissa could not), but things changed and faith took advantage of it.

That is guesswork, not an acceptable explanation why they would glamour as each other, especially not after they had a fight (about Nerissa’s betrayal?), as shown in the pics. There’s also a pic of Faith kissing Bigby after their conversation in the intro. Since the pics are up in the steel factory, we can safely assume they were taken by one of the Crooked Man’s goons. If Faith had already been killed, the henchmen would know it was not the real Faith in the pic and there would have been consequences for a glamoured Nerissa when she came back to the Pudding and Pie. We know she did go back, because in the floor safe the player finds the 53 dollars Bigby gave her.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 24 January 2016 10:14 PM

That is guesswork, not an acceptable explanation why they would glamour as each other, especially not after they had a fight (about Nerissa’s betrayal?), as shown in the pics. There’s also a pic of Faith kissing Bigby after their conversation in the intro. Since the pics are up in the steel factory, we can safely assume they were taken by one of the Crooked Man’s goons. If Faith had already been killed, the henchmen would know it was not the real Faith in the pic and there would have been consequences for a glamoured Nerissa when she came back to the Pudding and Pie. We know she did go back, because in the floor safe the player finds the 53 dollars Bigby gave her.

im definitely not suggesting faith is killed before meeting bigby, i think thats the real faith, and i think the betrayal is just unfolding around that point too, maybe nerissa doesnt realized shes been betrayed until the last moment. But guesswork is the best we can do, and i think thats what telltale wanted us to do to generate some buzz for another season.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Hmm. I’m wondering whether to pick a game I’ve already played or to pick one I haven’t and want to play…

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Personally, i have a quirk where i very very rarely play the same game twice (i can probably count on one or two hands adventures iv completed more than once), so i cannot blame you if you gravitate towards something you havnt played Tongue

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Karlok - 24 January 2016 10:14 PM

the nerissa we see at the end is actually faith, who managed to switch places with nerissa after her encounter with bigby, and nerissa was killed instead of faith. (which explains why bigby flashes back to swineheart not having the results back about faiths body). Perhaps them switching indenties was part of the plan for their escape (like faith was capable of doing something that nerissa could not), but things changed and faith took advantage of it.

I just finished the game tonight. Could it be, the fight between Nerissa and Faith took place before the altercation with the Woodsman? So after the fight with the woodsman, Faith goes back to the Puddin n Pie and guilts Nerissa into changing places because she betrayed them. Nerissa, feeling bad, agrees, and ends up killed. It’s all conjecture, but like zain pointed out, it seems much more likely that Faith is the one at the end. The picture in Lawrence’s apartment of him and Faith, her picture in the book of fables, and her background story all point that Faith is the one in the woodsman’s house.  Also from Big B’s flashback, I gathered that the person Big B encountered at the woodsman’s and the person he encountered in the final scene are the same person. So most likely, that person is Faith.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Finished the game.

I really enjoyed it, probably just as much as first time through.

I can’t help but feel the ending is a bit of a fudge.

If Nerissa and Faith have changed place then at the end why would Faith continue to glamour herself as Nerissa? Surely any threat is gone and she could simply come out as herself?

I suspect that TTG just wanted to leave lots of questions to hint at a sequel. The trouble is that with “choice” games you either have to pick one particular ending as “canon” and then go with that, or you just take the story in a completely different direction and leave the results of the first game blurred. Either way we may not ever get an explanation so why not just wrap things up?

Having said that I haven’t read the comics and there may well be more to it.

I think the only thing that annoyed me about the game was a couple of moments in the fights when Bigby is struggling and you have to repeatedly tap the screen (not sure of the PC equivalent) in an attempt to overcome his adversary, but even though the circle fills up you don’t succeed in fighting them off. I get that it’s probably meant to show that sometimes Bigby struggles in vain and can’t win them all but for me, if they want to do that, they should just have a circle that fills so slowly you will never do it.  I would rather that than tapping away, filling the circle as I am required to and still not getting a result.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top