• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 6 September 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Yesterday, the development version of ScummVM added support for Italian adventure Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths. So if you’re part of the game’s small but passionate fanbase (I remember the anxiety on these forums a few years ago around the release of the sequel and about whether it would get an English translation—which it didn’t), I guess you can be happy to know that it’ll be playable on lots of platforms for all eternity.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Wait, I’m confused.

Did the first game get an English translation? If so, it’s another title to add to my list. Had never heard of this game before…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

The first game (from which this scene is taken) did. The second didn’t.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 06 September 2012 12:23 PM

Did the first game get an English translation?

Yes it did, ten years ago.
But don’t hold your breath, maybe you won’t like it. I’ve been trying to play it for the last 3 years: started three times and never got too far.
On the plus side: the commands/interface/playability are flawless and the humo(u)r is not so bad (occasionally).
It has decent puzzles too.
And still I failed to get hooked by it. I believe I am more to blame for that (always trying to play it in a wrong time), than the game itself.
The game composition reminds me of Simon the Sorcerer, another game I never get to love.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 06 September 2012 12:31 PM

The game composition reminds me of Simon the Sorcerer, another game I never get to love.

Comparing it to Simon the Sorcerer counts as a big plus in my book… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

In case you loved Discworld I too (I didn’t, although I played it to the end, unlike Tony and Simon), you’ll be glad to hear that it (TTatNoRM) is also similar in composition to that classic (go around, find weird people, see what they need, go further, do tasks, get items, go back… you get the drift).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top