• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2011 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 2011 Adventure Game of the Year is?
Total Votes: 49
Alpha Polaris
A New Beginning
Back to the Future
Black Mirror 3: The Final Fear
Blackwell Deception
Book of Unwritten Tales
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
Gemini Rue
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
L.A. Noire
To the Moon
Your unlisted favorite

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I have to choose between Edna and Gemini Rue. Hard choice, but my vote goes to Edna, although I played the original German version of Edna in 2008. Smile

More adventures:
Baron Wittard
Carol Reed: The Blue Madonna
Conspiracies 2
Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel
Dream Machine 2 + 3
Hector: Badge of Carnage
Last Half of Darkness 4
Nancy Drew 24 + 25
Next Big Thing
Portal 2
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Puzzle Agent 2
Stroke of Fate

Free:
The Book of Living Magic
King’s Quest III Redux: To Heir is Human
Silver Lining 3 + 4
Trauma

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

As usual, tough choices.

I went with LA Noire - loved this game. Bought this game for $5 bucks and a used PS3 for $119 to play it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Yet another strong year. I went with BoUT.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Again there’s quite a few games I enjoyed from this year but I’ve gone with To the Moon - I hated the graphics but the story was just so good!

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I see it as another very slow year for enjoyable adventure. That being said my vote once again goes off the poll to…

Conspiracies 2: Lethal Networks

Second Place:
Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok

Honorable Mention:
A New Beginning
Black Mirror 3: The Final Fear
Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hard to choose this year, went with Ghost Trick but could have gone with Gemini Rue, Portal 2, To the Moon.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Blackwell Deception gets my vote

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Book of Unwritten Tales was a standout.

Honorable mention to Baron Wittard

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Book of Unwritten Tales is good, and Ihaven’t played Gemini Rue or To the Moon yet, so I’ll be choosing Portal 2. Some of the best spacial puzzles in any game.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Gemini Rue hit all my fav bullet points.
Great year, tough to choose from LAnoire and Ghosttrick.
Later was genius , former was ambitious.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Well, if Portal 2 is a valid vote, how could I not vote for that? It’s one of my absolute favorite games of all time, and when friends less interested in games ask me about what makes the medium worthwhile, Portal 1&2 are my go to-answers.

It has the puzzles, it has the characters, it has the artstyle, it has the dialogues, it has the coop mode, it has the editor, it has the dark humour, it has the soundtrack, and it has much more.

The Book of Unwritten Tales? Is it really that good? I only tried the demo, but found very few likeable aspects of it in that. A pretty terrible artstyle, characters to dislike, so-so dialogues, and and voices that made me cringe. But I do know that a lot of people really likes this game, and I knew it before the votes in this thread.

Gemini Rue is ok, but I played it, beat it, and have thought very little about it since.

Back to the Future? The same of as with Gemini Rue.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I have to go with To the Moon. If emotional impact is what you are looking for in a game, this one had it all.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I’m hearing that 2011 was a good year for gaming in general and I’m glad to see adventures also benefited. It’ll be a nice contrast when the 2012 thread appears and er… philosophical differences come into play.

I’m picking Ghost Trick but only just by a hair. It could easily go to Portal 2, L.A. Noire or Gemini Rue for striking art design and engaging characters.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Yachmenev - 23 January 2016 04:54 PM

The Book of Unwritten Tales? Is it really that good? I only tried the demo, but found very few likeable aspects of it in that. A pretty terrible artstyle, characters to dislike, so-so dialogues, and and voices that made me cringe. But I do know that a lot of people really likes this game, and I knew it before the votes in this thread.

If you saw the demo, you’ve seen it all. I dropped the game half through the way for all the reasons you mentioned plus very mediocre story and puzzles. I guess people just got hungry for a descent fantasy adventure which are quite rare nowadays, even though it was just a parody.

Voted for Edna & Harvey as it was a great fun, and it also helped to establish Daedalic as a new solid adventure company.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Gemini Rules

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Despite strong competition from Gemini Rue, Ghost Trick, L.A. Noire & Layton, there’s no way for them to beat To the Moon.

To the Moon had such a strong emotional impact with me that I spent more than half its 4.5 hour playtime in tears.
And I just can’t resist the piano piece on the soundtrack.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top