• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! (The Wolf Among Us)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Eisode 2 finished. Id say the game has typical telltale problems, but it also has the best of telltales strength: a great source material. I love the music, art direction and characters.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

SoccerDude28 - 21 January 2016 02:56 PM

I remember this from my first playthrough (I haven’t reached the ending yet this time around), and here is my interpretation of the ending.

There are four possibilities and IMO all four stories have large black holes we must fill with our fantasies and conjectures

[spoiler]1) Faith at Woody’s + Nerissa’s glamoured head left by Faith who is glamoured as Nerissa from now on. N must have been glamoured and killed after F’s visit to Woody, or the matching bruises and cuts wouldn’t be there. There’s no evidence that a glamour can change “a double” after death and make new bruises on the living person appear on a dead body. That’s far too much to swallow. And why would N glamour as F? That is an immensely stupid idea when N betrayed Faith and must have feared the consequences from Georgie and/or the Crooked Man. A real big pothole.
2) Nerissa glamoured as Faith at Woody’s + Nerissa’s glamoured head. Same pothole. Plus I can’t think of a single reason why Nerissa would glamour as Faith to visit the Woodsman, who was expecting Lilly.
3) Nerissa glamoured as Faith at Woody’s + Faith’s head left by Nerissa. Either N has no reason to visit Woody because F was still alive, or F must have been killed before N’s visit to the Woodsman, meaning we’re facing the same potholes as in scenario 2 and 1 (no bruises on F).
4)  Faith at Woody’s + Faith’s head. This is the story we’ve played. Everything makes sense, even small details. Like the fact that F’s jewelry box had been forced open, so N. could get F’s ring and leave it with the head to make identification easier. Nerissa’s parting words and gestures are the big black hole. If we believe this version is the truth, then the only rational explanation is that, for reasons unknown, F told N about her conversation with Bigby. But the girls had a fallout, or a fight, as the photos show.
You know what? I think Telltale has been fucking with our minds. [/spoiler]

Another reason why I believe in this version of the ending is because it thematically fits with Faith’s fable story of Donkey Skin. Faith has before pretended she is someone she is not to run away from her dad. In the same way, she pretended to be Narissa to save her own hide.

I agree with this. But it’s not enough for me to believe in your interpretation.

On the other hand… watch this from the last chapter:
[spoiler]

Is it my imagination or does the Crooked Man say Faith… how are you…? at 16:20? Something weird going on at 16:47. [/spoiler]

PS: I was indeed imagining things. He says: wait…
Always turn on the subtitles, you non-native Karlok!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Has anyone finished the game yet? Currently playing Episode 4.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Just finished up with Episode 4! I’m loving this game so far, it just gets better and better. Is anyone else close to finishing?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Fantasy was the first to finish, haven’t you read her posts? I have finished too. Maybe others as well.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I most certainly won’t succeed at finishing the challenge in time, but thanks Karlok for the challenge nevertheless. For what it’s worth I managed to finish the first episode, and I feel like I played the best episode of Telltale’s story-games (I don’t think TWD or GOT would be more to my taste).

The fact that I didn’t finish it is in connection to 2 things (well, 3 if you count my rich “not-finishing-games” resume Grin). First of all, after GK2 I was in a dire need of a more FMV fix, and I got myself X Files and Phantasmagoria 2 to replay and finish Tongue. Other, and more important reason is that I think the game doesn’t “cater” to those who know nothing of the world of Fables and the comic, like myself. Yes, Karlok and wilco told me “continue to play”, and I’ve also read on some other places that if you know the comic, you’ll know what will happen with Snow, but how am I supposed to know this?! The fact that I didn’t save Lawrence I can live with because I would make all the same choices even if I was to replay the game (these are MINE choices), but the game does not hint in any way - continue to play, Snow is not death! It’s just her head, you know, for the fun of it! Why? Why should I continue to play! I screwed up! And replaying it right away and choosing different way in these style of games is ridiculous! It’s all how you react in the moment, that’s the beauty of it! (I felt the same after watching “UP” and was left in tears after the first 15 minutes - YOU FUC… SONOFABITCHES… I’m not watching this anymore!!!  Crazy )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Diego, there’s absolutely nothing you could have done differently. Snow’s head will always appear at the end of the first act. And Snow is not dead.

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Karlok - 23 January 2016 07:28 AM

Fantasy was the first to finish, haven’t you read her posts? I have finished too. Maybe others as well.

Yeah, I noticed I had missed a few posts after I posted this. My bad! Smile

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 23 January 2016 09:37 AM

Diego, there’s absolutely nothing you could have done differently. Snow’s head will always appear at the end of the first act. And Snow is not dead.

I know now, that’s why I criticize the game. It didn’t hint that in any way. The game needs to make sure that it always motivates the player to go on. The way it “ended” (now don’t get me wrong, it just happened to be the end of an episode, but I would feel the same if it was anywhere in a whole game) just fell “dull”, meaningless, with “nothing to go on”. The game designers can not “count” on a player finishing the whole game just so you can better acknowledge the earlier portion (and I’m not talking about “It’s all just a dream” idea) - it needs to drive you all the way through it, and in every point you need to feel the urge to go on.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I don’t quite get what you’re saying. You’re too emotionally involved to go on playing, is that it? I was shocked, but I wanted to find out what happened. I’d hate it as a cliffhanger though, that’s one reason I started playing when all episodes had been released.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 23 January 2016 10:50 AM

I don’t quite get what you’re saying. You’re too emotionally involved to go on playing, is that it? I was shocked, but I wanted to find out what happened. I’d hate it as a cliffhanger though, that’s one reason I started playing when all episodes had been released.

Nah, the point is that I didn’t feel it as a cliffhanger at all! There’s nothing to hint that Snow may be alive! What’s the point of Ichabod and Bigby talking in a car about “How Snow was a great character?! To further fu.. with my mind? If ICHABOD and BIGBY don’t have a glimpse of hope, how the hell am I supposed to feel? I’m sorry, I know nothing about these character’s abilities and superpowers, you (designers) need to make sure I learn about it. Yeah, so Woodsman survived an axe in the head, but I think at one point in a game there was a talk how “chopped head” is something completely different, a sure death. (and again, I know absolutely nothing about characters and whether Snow is of the same “sort” as Woodsman). What was going in my mind is - well, the supporting character I got to really care for is dead. I don’t know if I could have saved her or not.

Yeah, so I got emotionally involved with a character, and I may continue to play but I blame the designers for making two mistakes - seemingly “meaninglessly” “killing” a supporting character early in the game, and not hinting in any way (like teaching you of the game and comic “lore) that she might not be dead.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Just finished episode 4. I think what i really want from fables is an animated series with several seasons out that i can binge watch now Tongue
A game with minor decision making just feels like theyr not spending as much time on plot as they would be if they cut the rouse and made it a cartoon.
Regardless, iv had fun, and will be a little sad to see it end i think.

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Finished the game. I really liked it on the second playthrough, though not as much as the first time around. I actually felt the story went better over a longer period of time than all at once. I feel like that’s one of the benefits of episodic games, for me at least. I wish they would do a sequel, but it seems not in the cards for now… Frown

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Also, are we going to do another one of these challenges?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 23 January 2016 02:50 PM

Just finished episode 4. I think what i really want from fables is an animated series with several seasons out that i can binge watch now Tongue
A game with minor decision making just feels like theyr not spending as much time on plot as they would be if they cut the rouse and made it a cartoon.
Regardless, iv had fun, and will be a little sad to see it end i think.

Also wish there was a series, the universe is so rich, there was also about a live-action series but I guess the horrible “Once Upon a Time” anticipated it… I recommend reading the comic books for more on the world.

br305893 - 23 January 2016 03:12 PM

Also, are we going to do another one of these challenges?

It’s up to Fantasy to choose the next one

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top