• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2010 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 2010 Adventure game of the Year is?
Total Votes: 51
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Black Mirror 2: Reigning Evil
Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
Gray Matter
Journey Down 1
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
Lost Horizon
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Sam&Max Season 3: The Devil’s Playhouse
Heavy Rain
Whispered World
Your unlisted favorite

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Not a real good year for me. Black Mirror 2 not really my type of game, Gray Matter okay, Sam&Max; good, Darkstar bugged, 15 Days bad, Puzzle Agent and Puzzlebots nice, Rhem 4 unfinished, Kaptain Brawen forgettable, and The Whispered World wins hands down. Smile

More adventures:
15 Days
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Alternativa
Alter Ego
Art of Murder 3
CSI 8 + 9
Darkness Within 2
Darkstar
Dream Machine 2
Filmmaker
Jolly Rover
Kaptain Brawe
Nancy Drew 22 + 23
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Puzzle Agent 1
Puzzlebots
Rhem 4
Simon 5: Who’d Even Want Contact!?
Slip Space
So Blonde: Back to the Island

Some free adventures:
Dream Machine 1
Journey Down: Over the Edge
The Silver Lining 1 + 2
Technobabylon 1 + 2
What Makes You Tick: A Stitch in Time
(added later)

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Gray Matter had slightly over the top atmosphere, and the magic tricks weren’t as creative as they had the potential to be, but it was nevertheless among the best 3 adventures of the year. Black Mirror 2 is pretty good game, having that Lynch-ian feel to it (though it does break apart in the final) similar to Harvester. Still, TWW was the most complete.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

A good year. Lost Horizon, 999, and The Devil’s Playhouse are all very strong contenders, but I’m going with Last Window.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I only played about half the games from this year which I didn’t think was such a bad year for games but terrible for me in terms of RL events so my judgement may be impaired here in that I enjoyed the few games I actually played during that year {others played later) with Gray Matter & Black Mirror 2 sticking in my mind but my vote goes to Art of Murder 3 as it totally transported me to another place when I most needed it!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Before last month I would have had trouble deciding, with TWW probably slightly edging it. Luckily since then I played the wonderful What Makes You Tick: A Stitch in Time, which is now my favorite of 2010.

And since it’s now free, everyone should play it (including you Karlok). CPT time? The island beckons you…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pretty strong year. Several really good games in there, but no matter how much I liked Layton, Miles Edgeworth, Gray Matter, Last Window and especially Lost Horizon, there’s one game that stands above that for me: 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Another random poll which does’t even include Heavy Rain.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

An OK year. Whispered World and Gray matter were decent story-driven games though each with its own frustrations (I didn’t find Sadwick’s voice as annoying as many people seem to have done, but I was bothered by Gray Matter’s peculiar Oxford-as-misremembered-by-an-American-Tourist and the rather disappointing magic trick mechanic). Another Professor Layton game. A more detective-flavoured Ace Attorney game. PuzzleBots had a fun sense of scale, nicely contained puzzles and charm. But my vote goes to Sam&Max; - I haven’t finished the whole season yet, but what I have played of it had the sharpest and darkest writing, most stylish graphics and most imaginative puzzles of the series.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Gabe - 22 January 2016 06:54 AM

You can always make your own poll.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

diego - 22 January 2016 07:14 AM

You can always make your own poll.

Recently this poll’s content threaded way healtier with Readers “Game of the Year” List thread:Readers “Game of the Year”
so what’s the good of this re-polling except manipulating choices and messing with people’s real choices due to author’s listing?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It is certainly not random, I resent that. 
You’re right, Heavy Rain is not there and should have been.

Timovieman, could you please remove Simon 5 and replace it with Heavy Rain?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Some good games in there but only one blew me away - 999

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Gabe - 22 January 2016 07:28 AM

so what’s the good of this re-polling except manipulating choices and messing with people’s real choices due to author’s listing?

Why do you say things like that?? I don’t manipulate anything. I post long lists of games, not just twelve options for the official poll. No, not every single game released in a particular year, that would take far too much time. I remember your old polls and they were restricted to just 15 options you chose, no extra lists, so don’t tell me I’m manipulating when everybody can vote for anything they like. Would it feel better if there was no official poll and I posted just one long list?

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

My vote goes to Gray Matter. It`s probably my girlfriend`s all time favorite adventure game and also quite underrated Jane Jensen game.

2010 was pretty strong year with lots of enjoyable games:
2. A New Beginning
3. Sam & Max - Season 3: The Devil`s Playhouse
4. Lost Horizon
5. Black Mirror 2

I don`t know why, but I haven`t played Whispered World and it could be in top 5 too. What Makes You Tick: A Stitch in Time looks pretty interesting too, thanks Oscar!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Gak!  These remind me of how many games I own that I haven’t yet played. Frown  My vote goes to Rhem 4 for the exploration and puzzling goodness I love.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Karlok - 22 January 2016 07:40 AM

Why do you say things like that?? I don’t manipulate anything. I post long lists of games, not just twelve options for the official poll. No, not every single game released in a particular year, that would take far too much time. I remember your old polls and they were restricted to just 15 options you chose, no extra lists, so don’t tell me I’m manipulating when everybody can vote for anything they like. Would it feel better if there was no official poll and I posted just one long list?

See when you compare readers own listing with polls outcome unfortunately for you coz of poll’s limitation and your listing criteria, pool may create random results. So don’t resent the randomness, pool creates itself involuntarily.

Here is an example (similar as it happened to me)
poll choice:

chrissie - 22 January 2016 06:21 AM

.. Gray Matter & Black
Mirror 2 sticking in my mind but my vote goes to Art of Murder 3

personal choice:

chrissie - 19 October 2015 12:59 PM

2010 15 Days

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top