• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! (The Wolf Among Us)

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Fantasysci5 - 20 January 2016 07:42 PM

A few questions, if someone has an idea: I don’t think I liked the Bigby/Snow dynamic much, thought he had better chemistry with [spoiler]Nerissa.

Surely not Nerissa. If there was any chemistry, it was with Faith.

Speaking of which, in the final scene, I really didn’t understand the “reveal”. It had him thinking of what Faith and Nerissa have said, and that he is trying to place where he knows her from, and then he decides to go after her or not. I had him go after her, but I didn’t really understand the significance. Can someone tell me?

Ah yes… Telltale fucking with our minds… we are supposed to be very confused and try to make sense of it when nothing makes sense at all. I tried and failed. You try. Smile It’s a who-is-who thingie. Faith and Nerissa use the same parting words (you’re not as bad… etcetera) and the same hand gestures (see you around wolf). It could be that Narissa has been glamouring as Faith or Faith has been glamouring as Nerissa. Who did Bigby see in Woody’s apartment? Who is the dead girl really? I discovered lots of hints for both interpretations on my second playthrough, but nothing conclusive. IMO only one thing is clear: Whoever Nerissa really is, she is not very nice. She did betray the others.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hmm need a non-spoiler opinion after playing the first episode:
it seems i couldv saved lawrence but did not, is it worth replaying or should i just keep going?

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Hey guys,
Unfortunately my game keeps crashing. I’m going to try to reinstall and see what happens.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 20 January 2016 09:49 PM

hmm need a non-spoiler opinion after playing the first episode:
it seems i couldv saved lawrence but did not, is it worth replaying or should i just keep going?

I say keep going, it’s nice but not really very important for the story.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Anybody noticed the redhaired guy you keep running into?

wilco - 21 January 2016 03:31 AM

I say keep going, it’s nice but not really very important for the story.

Yeah. Pity. I talked to Lawrence at the funeral, but you can only ask him one question and I wanted to know so much more!

I know I talked to Bluebeard in episode 4 at some point in a previous playthrough, but not this time. I don’t know what I should have done differently. It’s strange that he’s the only NPC I can never have a conversation with.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Karlok - 21 January 2016 06:09 AM

Flycatcher? I don’t remember running into him before, maybe he was the security guard sleeping at the desk I thought?

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

No, not him. The doorman is Grimble. You first see him when Snow comes to get Bigby in the first episode. He’s also in the line in front of Snow’s office. He’s a cab driver too. I also noticed him walking in the street, don’t remember where.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 21 January 2016 06:09 AM

I noticed him one of those times

http://www.gamesradar.com/6-things-you-didnt-know-about-wolf-among-us/

Once upon a time, the Boy Who Cried Wolf was going to be Bigby’s deputy
Remember the red-headed man Snow and Bigby run into at the beginning of episode 1, and who shows up in random places for the rest of the game? He used to be more than the awkward guy who hangs around Snow’s office door—in an unused version of the story, Ginger Man was The Boy Who Cried Wolf, and worked as Bigby’s deputy. Definitely an interesting idea, and I imagine Bigby’s character development would have much different with a young partner in not-crime. But in the end, it was decided that Bigby works better as a lone wolf, and Ginger Man was relegated to standing idly in hallways and driving all of Fabletown’s taxis.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thanks, interesting.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Finished Episode 3 just now. I’m going to just play through the crashes and see what happens. I forgot how much I like Bloody Mary’s character. Hoping to get through Episode 4 later today.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Don’t know why everyone talks about the Farm like it’s the worst place in the world, the place is pretty cool

Except for Goldilocks, she is messed up Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Karlok - 20 January 2016 09:14 PM

Speaking of which, in the final scene, I really didn’t understand the “reveal”. It had him thinking of what Faith and Nerissa have said, and that he is trying to place where he knows her from, and then he decides to go after her or not. I had him go after her, but I didn’t really understand the significance. Can someone tell me?

Ah yes… Telltale fucking with our minds… we are supposed to be very confused and try to make sense of it when nothing makes sense at all. I tried and failed. You try. Smile It’s a who-is-who thingie. Faith and Nerissa use the same parting words (you’re not as bad… etcetera) and the same hand gestures (see you around wolf). It could be that Narissa has been glamouring as Faith or Faith has been glamouring as Nerissa. Who did Bigby see in Woody’s apartment? Who is the dead girl really? I discovered lots of hints for both interpretations on my second playthrough, but nothing conclusive. IMO only one thing is clear: Whoever Nerissa really is, she is not very nice. She did betray the others.

I remember this from my first playthrough (I haven’t reached the ending yet this time around), and here is my interpretation of the ending.
Faith is the black haired girl who was at the Woodsman’s at the beginning of the game when Bigby and the Woodsman had a fight. Some small hints that it is her is the picture of her and Lawrence in Lawrence’s apartment (if you notice the girl in that picture had black hair), and also the picture of her in the book of Fables. Sometime between when the fight took place, and the first murder, Faith And Narissa decided to change places using glamours. It might be that Faith asked Narissa to cover for her (since it is known that the working girls cover for each other) or some other reason we are not told. So the person whose head we saw was Narissa in glamour. Throughout the rest of the game, Faith impersonates Narissa, until she drops in the very last scene a hint that she is the same person as the one Bigby encountered at the beginning of the game (you’re not as bad as they say you are).

Another reason why I believe in this version of the ending is because it thematically fits with Faith’s fable story of Donkey Skin. Faith has before pretended she is someone she is not to run away from her dad. In the same way, she pretended to be Narissa to save her own hide.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 21 January 2016 02:48 PM

Don’t know why everyone talks about the Farm like it’s the worst place in the world, the place is pretty cool

Except for Goldilocks, she is messed up Smile

City life is just more fun than country life for most people Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 21 January 2016 02:57 PM

City life is just more fun than country life for most people Tongue

Specially for a heavy smoking and drinking pig!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished it. Something about Episode 5 that doesn’t click with me. The story is satisfying but I don’t like how the first scene and court scene play out.

I ripped the head of Crooked Man at the end, felt wrong but wanted to see how it played out. Funny seeing everybody cheering to kill him and suddenly I’m the Big Bad Wolf again! And Snow giving me the cold shoulder… Come on!

Finished the game!

A few questions, if someone has an idea: I don’t think I liked the Bigby/Snow dynamic much, thought he had better chemistry with [spoiler]Nerissa. Speaking of which, in the final scene, I really didn’t understand the “reveal”. It had him thinking of what Faith and Nerissa have said, and that he is trying to place where he knows her from, and then he decides to go after her or not. I had him go after her, but I didn’t really understand the significance. Can someone tell me?

I didn’t catch it the first playthrough but now I think that’s what been said, that is Faith at the end, although it is left open to interpretation

[spoiler] I also didn’t understand why Georgie wasn’t healing like the other Fables. I mean, Woody had an ax in his head and didn’t die, so why is his fatal?

It should have been said in te game but it’s explained in the comic that Fables that are more well known by the Mundies are nearly immortal while less known ones can die from normal injuries. Mundies knowing them and their story being popular gives them more power. - Not really a big spoiler

And during my playthrough, Toad ended up having to go to The Farm. I wanted to help him, said I would, but there was no choice. Was there any way I could have played this so Toad wasn’t sent to The Farm? I would have given him the money I took, but it never came back up. I’m pretty bummed, Toad was one of my favorite characters, and I wanted to save him just like Colin.

That’s a bit of how Telltale games work sometimes, can be a bit frustrating.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top