• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! (The Wolf Among Us)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 19 January 2016 06:54 AM

What I’m doing the same is keeping the same choices with Snow, I’m putty in her hands Foot in mouth

Smile Their relation and conversations are one of the things that make this game so good. The one in the car in the first episode, there’s nothing like it in other adventures. Except maybe in TLE between Robert Cath and Anna Wolf, but only once.

Yes, that was a very good moment. I’ve got a screenshot that’ll post later when I’m home. Have you read the comics Karlok?
One of the things that probably impacts my choices with Snow is knowing how the relationship will develop in the comics, I really liked their characters in the comics

Karlok - 19 January 2016 06:54 AM

I’m still confused about where Toad got the donkeyskin coat which he shows to Bigby and Snow in the first episode. Quoting:

TJ: Dad borrows things from people who live here… uh…sometimes…?
Toad: I don’t steal nothin’. The turnaround here would astonish you, mate. I merely… repossess what’s been left behind.

So did Faith rent a room at Toad’s place since she doesn’t live with Lawrence anymore? In that case she must at the very least have met the Woodsman on the stairs before, but they sounded like complete strangers in the intro. Wouldn’t Bigby search her room if he knew there was one, wouldn’t Toad show it after her death? But if she didn’t live in the building, why would she bring the donkeyskin to the Woodsman’s place and leave it behind?

I thought is was that Faith just left the coat in the Woodsman house when she went there.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

So, is there a way to prevent Snow’s death in Chapter 1?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 19 January 2016 10:00 AM

So, is there a way to prevent Snow’s death in Chapter 1?

Just keep playing   Smile

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

OK, so i’ll never keep up but I’m replaying this and just finished chapter 1.

I knew nothing of TWAU comics before playing this first time but with one playthrough under my belt things are easier to get into this time.

Completely agree about the Snow/Wolf scene in the car - very nicely done. Also I forgot how cool the soundtrack is.

I’m also having fun making some opposite choices to last time. The game is no Life is Strange but it is still cool to get something of a different experience this time.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve been keeping with it & got part-way through Chapter 2 but have been too tired to concentrate for the last couple of days but so far I’ve found Beauty working at the front desk in a brothel & about to check out the rooms that she’s agreed to help Bigby with - I think I got a little further than that but have had to concede to the last save ‘checkpoint’ where I’ll be carrying on from with a little more time later in the week to continue!
From what I can gather from the content of the review this is a far weaker episode but I’ve enjoyed it so far & loving the investigative aspect, albeit it being dialogue based rather than more environmentally interactive, as well as the darker world of the familiar fairy-tale/fable characters except for I didn’t know the victim with the donkey-skin disguise & Prince Lawrence - are they created for the game? .....or was she Sleeping Beauty?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 19 January 2016 07:27 AM

Have you read the comics Karlok?

I bought and read the very first one as a Kindle e-book, about Snow and problems with her sister Rose. It was okay, but that’s it for me. I might have liked it more if I hadn’t played the game. 

I thought is was that Faith just left the coat in the Woodsman house when she went there.

Why would she do that and why would she leave it behind? Makes no sense.

PS: Diego, yes wilco is right, just keep on playing and you’ll see…  Thumbs Up

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 19 January 2016 02:01 PM

I didn’t know the victim with the donkey-skin disguise & Prince Lawrence - are they created for the game? .....or was she Sleeping Beauty?

Donkeyskin is a fairy tale written by the same guy who gave us Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 19 January 2016 04:20 PM

I didn’t know the victim with the donkey-skin disguise & Prince Lawrence - are they created for the game? .....or was she Sleeping Beauty?

Donkeyskin is a fairy tale written by the same guy who gave us Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.

Thanks Karlok!  Thumbs Up I don’t think I ever came across that one! - I’m going to go look it up now!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 19 January 2016 04:25 PM
Karlok - 19 January 2016 04:20 PM

Thanks Karlok!  Thumbs Up I don’t think I ever came across that one! - I’m going to go look it up now!

Also never heard about her before this game but apparently there is even a Donkey Skin movie

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Just finished Episode 2. Hopefully I’ll be able to get through this in 8 days. And also, I hadn’t heard of Donkeyskin before this game either.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

br305893 - 19 January 2016 11:33 PM

Just finished Episode 2. Hopefully I’ll be able to get through this in 8 days. And also, I hadn’t heard of Donkeyskin before this game either.

And how is your experience of TWAU? Do you like the game, any things you hate?

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Alright, finished Chapter 3 and 4. I love that once a choice is made, it says “so and so will remember this” and then there comes one with Gren won’t remember this…I’ve never seen that before! Tongue Bufkin was acting pretty suspicious to me in Chapter 3, although seemed fine in Chapter 4. For choices, I chose friendship over rules, like letting Colin stay with me and giving Toad another chance. Toad even did a jump of joy. I refused to pick up the money in Crane’s apartment, because he was stealing that and it deserved to go back to the office. But I ended up taking the money in Crane’s pocket this time, because he was just going to leave the jacket there. Not sure if I feel guilty about that or not yet. But if it means I can help Toad, then I’m okay with it. I think the Business Office should be helping these people, and it’s not. I feel like I should have arrested Dee and not Woody in the beginning, since he seems to be more involved, but it seems like me and Woody are good now. He helped with my questioning of Jersey, and I wonder if it wouldn’t have done that if I hadn’t been so nice to Woody. And the end choice, what I chose to do when talking to the Crooked Man…I do want to bring him in alive, and I do want to hear what he has to say, so I just chose to smoke…and I think that fits with his character. Tongue

I loved Jersey’s actual look, the coolest one I’ve seen. I wonder if there had been much of a difference if I chose to go to the Butcher before the Lucky Pawn. I love how Bigby is always tapping things, I keep thinking he’s going to break it. And then Jack’s like, “Look with your eyes, not your hands”. XD I really like being able to play as “the bad guy” who has a reputation he can’t quite shake off.

And I just love the opening scenes before you pick to play, with Bigby walking around and his eyes glow in the shadows, and the other shadows passing him are actual characters from the game.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished episode 3. I messed up and chose going to the Dee and Dum apartment… What happens when we go to Crane’s apartment first?.

Favorite scenes are the one at the bar where everybody is passing out and the Aunty Greenleaf house. Pretty creepy and the the final choice of burning or not the tree is a tough one.. Not sure who is the aunty greenleaf character maybe from this story.

I hate the final episode of the episode… Nerve-wracking!

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Finished the game!

The theme music is catchy, caught myself humming it in the car. Sometimes I chose silence only because all of the other options are things I don’t want to say. I really like Bigby as a character. I feel for him, trying to be a good guy but his past keeps coming and biting him on the butt, and just like he said, “I can’t win with these people”. <3

A few questions, if someone has an idea: I don’t think I liked the Bigby/Snow dynamic much, thought he had better chemistry with Nerissa. Speaking of which, in the final scene, I really didn’t understand the “reveal”. It had him thinking of what Faith and Nerissa have said, and that he is trying to place where he knows her from, and then he decides to go after her or not. I had him go after her, but I didn’t really understand the significance. Can someone tell me? Is it a girl he used to know? I also didn’t understand why Georgie wasn’t healing like the other Fables. I mean, Woody had an ax in his head and didn’t die, so why is his fatal? And during my playthrough, Toad ended up having to go to The Farm. I wanted to help him, said I would, but there was no choice. Was there any way I could have played this so Toad wasn’t sent to The Farm? I would have given him the money I took, but it never came back up. I’m pretty bummed, Toad was one of my favorite characters, and I wanted to save him just like Colin.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Karlok - 20 January 2016 06:45 AM
br305893 - 19 January 2016 11:33 PM

And how is your experience of TWAU? Do you like the game, any things you hate?

I’m not as big of a fan as I was the first go around. I feel like that’s a problem with Telltale Games, as the main reason why Telltale exceeds in game development is their storytelling. But I do believe it’s still a very good game overall.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top