• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge! (The Wolf Among Us)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Fantasysci5 - 18 January 2016 01:15 PM
wilco - 18 January 2016 12:51 PM

Bigby, stop showing off!

Wha…why is that even a thing? Why would that possibly be in the game?! I can’t wait to find out! XD

I don’t want to get your hopes up, that is just a bug that somebody recorded Smile

I’m ending chapter 1, the style of the game is so good! Art, voices and soundtrack all perfect translation of the Fables world.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 18 January 2016 01:28 PM

Men have a female archetype too.

...that not all men follow. Wink

Not everybody has the same taste. And that’s a good thing.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

I’m the type of player that if I thought the conversation could have gone better, I start again. And since there’s only the one save, I’ve been going over the past 10 minutes of dialogue for the past two hours and really wishing there was a way to skip the dialogue forward.

I’m afraid I’m not too emotionally invested in many of the characters besides Toad and Bufkin at the moment, and Bigby by design. I really disliked the dialogue choice in Chapter 3 with Snow asking if he enjoys when things go wrong. Like wtf Snow, of course I don’t. Tongue

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Just finished Episode 1. Although I know Telltale gets a lot of hatred for their style of adventure games, I personally enjoy their games a lot. (I’ve played all their games since Season 1 of The Walking Dead). Although this is my second time playing TWAU, it feels just as fresh as the first go around.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 18 January 2016 02:10 PM

I’m not talking about individual preferences. Women feel attracted to men who are strong and muscular enough to protect their offspring. Just like men feel attracted to women with the right hip-waist ratio for bearing children. Archetype may be the wrong word for it. It’s basic nature stuff in the human blueprint. Personal likes and dislikes are a different layer.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Karlok - 18 January 2016 04:29 PM
TimovieMan - 18 January 2016 02:10 PM

I’m not talking about individual preferences. Women feel attracted men who are strong and muscular enough to protect their offspring. Just like men feel attracted to women with the right hip-waist ratio for bearing children. Archetype may be the wrong word for it. It’s basic nature stuff in the human blueprint. Personal likes and dislikes are a different layer.

I thought this was a spam post when I first saw it for some reason. Smile

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oh? Why?

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Karlok - 18 January 2016 04:32 PM

Oh? Why?

I’m not sure, I just did. Sorry, didn’t mean to offend you or anything.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, if the word ‘muscular’ in that post contained a link to some dodgy site selling “steroid pills”, then that’d actually be similar to a spam post. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

br305893 - 18 January 2016 04:39 PM

Oh? Why?

Not offended, just curious. And none the wiser.  Meh

I finally finished the first episode. This is not my first replay but seeing Faith’s head still gets to me.

Best Bigby quote: I have my limit for bullshit and I think we reached it ten minutes ago.  Well, that sums up his attitude perfectly.  Impatient, aggressive, not much of a people person.  I don’t blame him though, everybody is against him.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’m in this playthrough as well. I’ve already played the game once before and loved it, and this is my second playthrough.  I’m already halfway into episode 1 and loving it. This time around, I’m trying to be the BAD in BB Wolf. It’s fun going all bad and seeing what happens Smile Last time I played it, I tried to be as righteous as possible, which is always my first choice when playing games with moral choices.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Karlok - 18 January 2016 07:33 PM
br305893 - 18 January 2016 04:39 PM

Oh? Why?

Not offended, just curious. And none the wiser.  Meh

I finally finished the first episode. This is not my first replay but seeing Faith’s head still gets to me.

Best Bigby quote: I have my limit for bullshit and I think we reached it ten minutes ago.  Well, that sums up his attitude perfectly.  Impatient, aggressive, not much of a people person.  I don’t blame him though, everybody is against him.

He does have a history of eating fables and blowing down their houses. It’s normal for some to still hold a grudge, even though all the fables were pardoned when they came to our world.

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

SoccerDude28 - 18 January 2016 07:44 PM

This time around, I’m trying to be the BAD in BB Wolf. It’s fun going all bad and seeing what happens Smile Last time I played it, I tried to be as righteous as possible, which is always my first choice when playing games with moral choices.

I thought about doing this, as I too chose mostly the moral choices last go around. But then, I just decided to do the righteous choices again.  Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve finished the second episode. Another twisted episode ending! Instead of doing juat the bad Wolf route I’m instead just doing thing differently from the other one since the game doesn’t exactly have good/evil choices like Mass Effect.

In the first episode I’ve went to Prince house instead of Toad and that does feel like the right choice, I was surprised that it was so much different.

In the second the changes from the 1st playthrough are mainly to not use force at all when questioning Dee and Georgie. The outcome is pretty much the same in this part but we’ll se later. Also remembered to not attack Beast when he is down, it’s a great twist in QTE mechanic having the ability to not do nothing but at the same time kind of hard since the player is into the fight.

What I’m doing the same is keeping the same choices with Snow, I’m putty in her hands Foot in mouth

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 19 January 2016 06:29 AM

In the first episode I’ve went to Prince house instead of Toad and that does feel like the right choice, I was surprised that it was so much different.

Yeah, but even if you go there first (spoiler!) ( he may still die. depends on your choices. .

In the second the changes from the 1st playthrough are mainly to not use force at all when questioning Dee and Georgie. The outcome is pretty much the same in this part but we’ll se later. Also remembered to not attack Beast when he is down, it’s a great twist in QTE mechanic having the ability to not do nothing but at the same time kind of hard since the player is into the fight.

In one of my replays I tore off Gren’s arm in the bar. Whenever I saw him in his human form with only one arm I felt terrible. (And now I start wondering whether a one-armed Fable can glamour themself to look like another Fable with two arms…)

What I’m doing the same is keeping the same choices with Snow, I’m putty in her hands Foot in mouth

Smile Their relation and conversations are one of the things that make this game so good. The one in the car in the first episode, there’s nothing like it in other adventures. Except maybe in TLE between Robert Cath and Anna Wolf, but only once.

I’m still confused about where Toad got the donkeyskin coat which he shows to Bigby and Snow in the first episode. Quoting:

TJ: Dad borrows things from people who live here… uh…sometimes…?
Toad: I don’t steal nothin’. The turnaround here would astonish you, mate. I merely… repossess what’s been left behind.

So did Faith rent a room at Toad’s place since she doesn’t live with Lawrence anymore? In that case she must at the very least have met the Woodsman on the stairs before, but they sounded like complete strangers in the intro. Wouldn’t Bigby search her room if he knew there was one, wouldn’t Toad show it after her death? But if she didn’t live in the building, why would she bring the donkeyskin to the Woodsman’s place and leave it behind?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top