• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge!  (Gabriel Knight 2)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone know if the theme heard here at 6:53 is part of a longer theme on a soundtrack and what it’s called? Kurufinwe?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

diego - 10 January 2016 05:11 PM

Anyone know if the theme heard here at 6:53 is part of a longer theme on a soundtrack and what it’s called? Kurufinwe?

It doesn’t seem to be included on the official soundtrack.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Kurufinwe - 10 January 2016 05:22 PM
diego - 10 January 2016 05:11 PM

It doesn’t seem to be included on the official soundtrack.

I feared that might be the case. Too bad, that’s a killer soothing piano riff.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It’s areal shame if that piano score wasn’t included in the GK2 Soundtrack but just watching that clip I thought it was, albeit the tale-end, a lovely scene between Grace & Gerde after what I can remember as quite frosty exchanges between the two up until then!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 10 January 2016 03:14 PM

I also plan on finishing Chapter IV tonight. Wink

I’m making good progress with chapter 5. And here comes Detta! Lovely bighearted Detta!

I have yet to meet the first woman who feels that sharing the same man with another woman makes for a great bonding experience. But it seems to work fine for Von Glower. Smile

Best quote: “Probably nothing of interest back there. Besides, I can’t see past the Komissar’s big head.”

Heh, yeah that’s a pretty good one.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

You guys are way ahead of me. I’m in the middle of chapter 3.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Just finished Chapter 3. Hopefully will be able to complete Chapter 4 tomorrow afternoon.

Chapter 3 summary:

Best puzzle: Cuckoo Clock Puzzle
Worst puzzle: N/A
Best character: Von Glower
Worst character: Von Zell
Best quote: N/A
Best scene: Von Glower’s House

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The size of that guard! I guess the REAL Amazons are from Bavaria.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

br305893 - 10 January 2016 11:46 PM

Best puzzle: Cuckoo Clock Puzzle

I’m glad actually you mentioned it - it IS probably the most “creative” puzzle in the chapter, though this is what I’d like - I wish if there was an option in a close-up inspection of the object, that we activate the clock and hear the knocking sound, to remind us and point us in the right direction. Or at least, when you inspect that backdoor, that Gabriel says something along the lines: “Hmmm… I wonder if I can lure Xavier somehow to this door.

Worst character: Von Zell

Take that, Karlok!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

A tribute to David Bowie, which is also slightly on-topic with the thread:

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve finished chapter 4.
- I ended up really spending a lot of time on this one because I got stuck some times.
- I liked how the investigation development, it was good just uncovering small bits in various places ans trying to connect with the story while learning about Ludwig.
- I didn’t like some invisible triggers. Stuff like the white lillies, phone call to the history professor and the receiving the fax was random.
- The Ludwig history fanatic never had thought of trying to contact the only person that read Ludwig’s diary didn’t make any sensebut that’s nitpicking
- Gracie has a new boyfriend now? (Her acting is much more contained at least)
- That intro to Chapter 5, oh my…

What could the wolves mean?
How should I know, I’m a psychic not Freud

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Attention to details was visible already in previous chapters, with Grace’s comments on Ludwig’s portraits that changes as you learn about him, for example, but it’s also interesting to see the magazine before you put the tape recorder in it and the magazine afterwards. (how come Von Zell didn’t notice it? Imagine the rage. Grin )

wilco - 11 January 2016 09:09 AM

- I didn’t like some invisible triggers.

If there’s one thing I remember, it’s that Chapter 4 is full of nasty triggers. Right now, I visited all three sites (Ludwig’s and Wagner’s museums), looked, inspected and read carefully all I could get my eyes on, and the three locations are STILL blinking when I press hint on the map screen!!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Familiar?: Smile

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Finished the great chapter 5. Gabriel is more self-assured with the club members and he handles Klingman and Von Aigner very well. No more twitches and grimaces with those two, good for you, Erickson! Done it before but I just had to try to shoot Von Glower instead of the wolf. It’s a great pity the game won’t let you. I also love how the wolf changes back into a human.

I think I hit a bug. The game progressed to chapter 6 before Grace had received the copy of the deed with the Black Wolf’s name.

EDIT: I checked a WT and apparently we never see Grace receive the deed. Funny how you can misremember stuff, even after several playthroughs.

Grace is wearing Detta’s long black gloves in the opening movie of chapter 6.  Grin Why? They don’t go with her dress.  But she does kiss two men, just like Detta.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 11 January 2016 07:25 PM

I think I hit a bug. The game progressed to chapter 6 before…

It’s not fair! You played the game several times already! I’m still exploring the FRIGGIN’ MUSEUMS! Enough with it! And what about the goodie-goodie “haircut” Georg, the so called “student”! Creep! Oh, and:

PERV!

(I’m sorry, but I’ve gone equally mad as King Ludwig from all that pixel-hunting and going in circles at the museums! Crazy )

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top