• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge!  (Gabriel Knight 2)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 10 January 2016 08:29 AM

Diego, did you write something interesting on the map in your notebook?

Ouch! That’s it, thanks Kiss . I completely ignored the note on the map, let alone used the notebook. And just when I was wondering what the hell do I need notebook for! He doesn’t seem to writing anything in it, unlike Grace!

Although, the puzzle is a bit far-fetched - why would Gabriel call the victim’s house, in hope of finding anything relevant to the case? Not to mention that he was relying on the “von Knight” trick.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 10 January 2016 08:47 AM

Ouch! That’s it, thanks Kiss . I completely ignored the note on the map, let alone used the notebook. And just when I was wondering what the hell do I need notebook for! He doesn’t seem to writing anything in it, unlike Grace!

Although, the puzzle is a bit far-fetched - why would Gabriel called the victim’s house, in hope of finding anything relevant to the case? Not to mention that he was relying on the “von Knight” trick.

Was also stuck in there for a while, why did he had to sneak aroud the notebook and not memorize the phone number for a while? Smile

Kurufinwe - 10 January 2016 07:35 AM

Or you could have a look at the DOSBox manual and see that CTRL-F5 takes screenshots. Tongue

Forgot to say that was first thing I tried but doesn’t seem to be working… maybe because I’m using Gog Galaxy

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 10 January 2016 08:57 AM

Or you could have a look at the DOSBox manual and see that CTRL-F5 takes screenshots. Tongue

Forgot to say that was first thing I tried but doesn’t seem to be working… maybe because I’m using Gog Galaxy

How did you know it didn’t work? Did you look for the screenshots in the right place? (<game_folder>/Capture) I’ve tried it with another DOS games (using Galaxy), and it works fine.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 10 January 2016 09:10 AM
wilco - 10 January 2016 08:57 AM

How did you know it didn’t work? Did you look for the screenshots in the right place? (<game_folder>/Capture) I’ve tried it with another DOS games (using Galaxy), and it works fine.

Come on, of course I looked in…

I wasn’t looking in the right place… Pan  Pan  Pan  Pan Carry on

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished chapter 3. I still love Von Zell and Von Glower, but the bad acting is starting to annoy me. Especially Gabe, who really looks like an idiot with those gestures, twitches, grimaces and wimpy expressions. Strange, cause he never annoyed me before. But Dean Erickson’s role changes in the next chapters and in my memory his acting in 5 and 6 is much better.

I just watched the intro to chapter 4. Gotto love Gracie stumbling around in that stupid dress. Long hair too. And one of my favorite NPCs: King Ludwig, who never speaks a word. I never get tired of the intros and of course the great music.

Joanne Takahashi’s acting on the other hand has always annoyed me.

Grace is always in overacting mode and I agree that Gabriel puzhes to much the faces, always going for that Harrisson Ford smirk.

The King Kudwig biography at the start of chapter 4 is pretty interesting. Seems to be a connection between him and Von Glower since he also seems to be obsessing on GK like the King did

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 10 January 2016 09:32 AM

The King Kudwig biography at the start of chapter 4 is pretty interesting. TSeems to be a connection between him and Von Glower since he also seems to be obsessing on GK like the King did

Oh yes. You’re in for a treat. The last three chapters are great. Jane Jensen knows how to write a story.

PS: How many ways are there to pronounce the name Xavier…?
Xavier himself pronounces it as Zavier (a as in hay), which is correct to the best of my knowledge. Von Glower says Zaver (same a, drops the i). And Von Zell calls him Zavar (both a’s as in bar). Huh?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

YOU’RE ALL WRONG! Dean Erickson pulls an Oscar-worth performance here Cool. Seriously, the smirks, faces… also have a lot to do with the directorial approach, and the fact that the camera always zooms Gabe’s face after every topic, before the conversation starts, when it ends… and stays focused on the face second before and after the conversation ends. Whatever you do, you’re bound to look like an idiot with that much camera attention. It seized to bother me. Another thing - I think that acting is “good” in that sense that Gabriel Knight, a confident character from the first game, is inside the “unknown” territory, like not-wanted by some in the club… and the way he speaks and asks questions, smiles like a “yes-man”... reflects that situation. (he’s acting like that because he’s smart, not because he’s scared Cool )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 10 January 2016 09:44 AM

Another thing - I think that acting is “good” in that sense that Gabriel Knight, a confident character from the first game, is inside the “unknown” territory, like not-wanted by some in the club… and the way he speaks and asks questions, smiles like a “yes-man”... reflects that situation.

True, that’s why I said the acting will get better when his role changes in the next chapters. On the other hand, he behaves the same way with Lieber Leber and Harry/Harald.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Preiss is officially my favorite club’s member, closely followed by Klingmann who pretends we never met.

edit: OK, forget that “Gabriel is not feeling “at home””  theory - he approaches Von Zell and Klingmann and says: “What’re you two kids talking about?” Grin

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 10 January 2016 09:42 AM

PS: How many ways are there to pronounce the name Xavier…?
Xavier himself pronounces it as Zavier (a as in hay), which is correct to the best of my knowledge. Von Glower says Zaver (same a, drops the i). And Von Zell calls him Zavar (both a’s as in bar). Huh?

ZAY-vee-er
Smile

I could spend all afternoon going around the Ludwig castle and museum

diego - 10 January 2016 10:00 AM

Preiss is officially my favorite club’s member, closely followed by Klingmann who pretends we never met.

Yeah, Preiss is the best:
“At night, I entertain…” wink, wink, nudge, nudge
“Do you like women Herr Knight?”

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I always thought that the biggest “flaw”, if you could call it that, of GK2 is that it’s a bit “too serious”, or that, even being a classic mystery-thriller-horror doesn’t have that humorous dimension like the rest of classic p&c’s regardless of a sub-genre, or more specifically like GK1. I was wrong. Probably because of my English at a time I first played it. These bunch of people were having hell of a time making it!

I will be finishing Chapter 3 tonight. Don’t you KIDS go playing Chapter 4 as yet!!!  Tongue Crazy

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Silliest question in chapter 4 so far: “Is there much of a call for conductors in Europe?”

Grace of course.  Grin

Don’t you KIDS go playing Chapter 4 as yet!!!

Tongue

This is supposed to be a challenge, right? For your information, I’m going to finish chapter 4 tonight.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

diego - 10 January 2016 09:44 AM

YOU’RE ALL WRONG! Dean Erickson pulls an Oscar-worth performance here Cool.

And the Golden Globe goes to…

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 10 January 2016 12:51 PM

This is supposed to be a challenge, right? For your information, I’m going to finish chapter 4 tonight.

Yes, so that’s why I don’t want you ahead of me. Cool I also plan on finishing Chapter IV tonight. Wink

Chapter 3 summary:

Best puzzle: Getting Leber’s attention
Worst puzzle: Trolling Xavier for as many times as you want!
Best character: Von Aigner
Worst character: Von Zell
Best quote: “Probably nothing of interest back there. Besides, I can’t see past the Komissar’s big head.”
Best scene: Inspecting the mask at Von Glower’s/the map at the police

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I just watched the intro to chapter 4. Gotto love Gracie stumbling around in that stupid dress. Long hair too. And one of my favorite NPCs: King Ludwig, who never speaks a word. I never get tired of the intros and of course the great music.

Gracie looks splendid with long hair. Cool Also, could this be the only “Wait, it’s a dream!” sequence, where we can see right at the start of the sequence that she’s actually sleeping in a bed? Cool Sorry, no surprises there when she’s wakie-wakie. Frown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top