• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Challenge!  (Gabriel Knight 2)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Progress report:

Chapter one complete
Nice setup of the mystery
Splicing of the tape was very cool, I can see this getting really hard fast
Acting is terrible - the hunters club scene was so awkward - fun in that B-movie kind of way
Does every NPC in the game has a wolf fetiche?

Gabriel knight is still a jerk

diego - 07 January 2016 11:19 PM

Oh, here’s another challenge for you then:

Can’t see the image!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Wilco, you can see the pic at memepix.com. Search for: Mom said go play outside.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

My god, Gracie is unbearable! Poor Gerde. Embarassed

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 07 January 2016 11:19 PM
TimovieMan - 07 January 2016 03:05 PM

I’m sitting this one out

What’s wrong, McFly? Sarcastic

My name is not McFly, and I’m not riled up that easily. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 08 January 2016 05:16 AM

Wilco, you can see the pic at memepix.com. Search for: Mom said go play outside.

Found it.Thx

Challenge…

Not accepted

diego - 08 January 2016 06:04 AM

My god, Gracie is unbearable! Poor Gerda. Embarassed

What is problem there? Jealously?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 08 January 2016 06:49 AM

Oh, yeah. Wait for the library scene. Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 08 January 2016 06:49 AM

That and extremely bad acting on Gracie’s part. Huuu! The actress who plays Gerde is much better.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 08 January 2016 04:50 AM

Splicing of the tape was very cool

It remains one of my favorite puzzles ever. Karlok doesn’t like it. Kiss
I can see how it can be a pain in the butt for the newcomers, but actually now when I replayed the game it bothered me that it wasn’t even more complicated (like that the game doesn’t automatically tell you you’re on the right way until you have the whole sentence done, or that it wouldn’t prevent from mixing lines from other characters. Or that even lets you mix sentence at will, which you play to Thomas, only to see by his reaction that you need to come up with something else.).

P.S. Karlok did you finish Chapter 1? You’re falling behind! How do you think of setting Plundered Hearts as the next task? Heart Eyes

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 08 January 2016 07:39 AM

It remains one of my favorite puzzles ever. Karlok doesn’t like it. Kiss

That’s right, she doesn’t. In a game that aims at realism, puzzles should at least be somewhat realistic too.

P.S. Karlok did you finish Chapter 1? You’re falling behind!

Yeah, I am. The reason must be that I haven’t started (yet). Want to catch up with wilco in Mission Critical first. But I’ll post my comments.

How do you think of setting Plundered Hearts as the next task? Heart Eyes

Great idea! I’d be the only one playing it.  Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Gracie/Gerdie is sounding promising

I forgot to say what was the worst puzzle of the 1st chapter - pixel-hunting the post office!

diego - 08 January 2016 07:39 AM

P.S. Karlok did you finish Chapter 1? You’re falling behind! How do you think of setting Plundered Hearts as the next task? Heart Eyes

Has to happen now!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 08 January 2016 08:20 AM

Gracie/Gerdie is sounding promising

I laughed hard at “Good-old Fujitsu will be replaced by Hildegard”. Ah, Gracie is such a bi…! Smile

wilco - 08 January 2016 08:20 AM

I forgot to say what was the worst puzzle of the 1st chapter - pixel-hunting the post office!

Haha, yes. Not to mention that they’re choosing to write letters to each other to begin with, instead of speaking over the telephone. But it doesn’t bother, it adds to the romantic-gothic atmosphere of the game.

Chapter 1 summary:

Best puzzle: Splice tape puzzle (Karlok Kiss)
Worst puzzle: Finding the post office
Best character: Ubergrau - he’s such a goodie goodie:

Worst character: Police station receptionist
Best quote: “Reminds me of biology classes. ‘Cept I never TOOK biology classes.”
Best scene: Intro to Chapter 1

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 08 January 2016 08:54 AM

Worst character: Police station receptionist

How can you say that?? Loved the policeman. Love his final “The Door” and the way he looked when Gabe pronounced the name Leber as Lieber (dear). Good acting too. It’s Dean Erickson who embarrassed himself in this seene with his over the top gestures and facial expressions.

I also loved the biologist at the university:

Biologist: It could be… how do you say… a mix-up.
Gabe: A mix-up? You mean, a hybrid?
Biologist: Hybrid…? Oh, zat’s when a wolf and a dog…poof! yeah?

Imagine a scientist not knowing the word hybrid. And that naughty look on his face! Absolutely hilarious.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 08 January 2016 10:00 AM

How can you say that?? Loved the policeman.

Ah, you do have a thing for strong, steady, sarcastic males?! So, that’s why you love Zobraks!  Kiss Crazy

(It’s not the acting, but why was his facial expression just as I murdered someone and went to the station to admit the crime, even before I had a chance to speak?!)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 08 January 2016 10:00 AM

I also loved the biologist at the university:

Biologist: It could be… how do you say… a mix-up.
Gabe: A mix-up? You mean, a hybrid?
Biologist: Hybrid…? Oh, zat’s when a wolf and a dog…poof! yeah?

Imagine a scientist not knowing the word hybrid. And that naughty look on his face! Absolutely hilarious.

Was going to say that and use the same quote! Funny guy. Thomas was also a good one, poor guy always craving for the wolves attention. Also liked when he gave the disgusted look when GK said that sleazy line of “always having that effect on females” (or something like that) when petting the wolf and then just get the hell away from there.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Ah man, I really want to replay this now seeing all the comments, but I don’t think I’m going to have time. Sealed Lips

Love the game, but while I will admit that some of the acting is terrible - esp. Gabe - some I think is really good, including Von Glower & Von Zell.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top