• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Azrael Tear Let’s Play( also links to released design documents)

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-09-04

PM

Howdy!

Azrael’s Tear is a very underrated gem from 1996 that is sadly somewhat forgotten. It is one of the best written and better designed adventure games out there, and also the pioneer when it comes to placing an immersive,complex and well written narrative and setting in a videogame.

You can say the game tried in 1996 many of the ideas that would later be affected by developer Frictional Games and by games like Pathologic(which is itself another underrated gem).

Anyway, a lot of people end up not trying the game due to difficulties in getting it to run on modern machines(though I don’t see it, the game is 100% playable with dosbox under proper configurations). After noticing that there was no complete LP of it anywhere on the net, I did one for posterity over at rpgcodex. I even bothered to transcribe all documents and conversations. I imagine some adventure fans might be interested in checking it out, specially the ones that never bothered to try the game:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lets-play-azraels-tear-redux.72888/

Also of note, Matthew Stibbe(producer of the game) has recently released the original design documents:

http://www.badlanguage.net/azraels-tear

They are somewhat disappointing in that they present a very early draft of the game, lacking many of the things which made it great(lovecraftian horror, ancient conspiracy theories, etc). Even the gameplay mechanics originally intended were different. Still worth checking it out if you liked the game.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Great post! Terribly excited to go through the Design Doc! Grin

I want to recommend putting the LP into a playlist. I wanted to watch it on my xbox, but I would have to manually add every episode/vid to a playlist on my end, instead of auto adding one created by you with all the episodes.

EDIT: Sorry, didn’t realize it was a written lets Play. I understood that Lets Play was a recorded experience of a person playing the whole game. Meh

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-09-04

PM

The game has a lot of reading and the player needs that in order to connect the dots and understand what is going on. I’m not sure if a video LP would work better than a written one.

There is an incomplete video LP of AT on youtube, though. Worth checking out Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top