• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckyskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ—Seeing Red [ENDED]

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

It’s that time of year – with Christmas displays revealing colors of red and green. Glance at the images below and try to remain calm as you see red (literally everywhere) and attempt to name the games.

Seeing Red Rules

1. Send me three guesses within each 24-hour period. PM only. Day 1 begins now. Day 2 begins at about 4:00 PM forum time tomorrow. On Day 2 you can send 3 more guesses, on Day 3 send me 3 more guesses, etc.

2. The correct titles of games with the letter “R” on their images are worth 10 points. Images with the letter “D” are worth 8 points. Images with no letters are worth 5 points.

3. At the end of each day (about 4:00 PM forum time) I will post the games that have been guessed correctly. Since correct guesses will be revealed at the end of each day, I will not be responding to your PMs.

4. The Seeing Red Quiz will end at about 4:00 PM forum time on Thursday, December 17th or when all the games are guessed correctly (whichever comes first).

5. So-called Clues that might help with some of the guessing:

R 3
U 2
B 1
Y 4

Extremely obscure clue applying in some sense to the above: action applies to things, not people.

Less obscure clue: “The” counts as a “T.”

Good luck everyone!

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Results from Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4

1 Memento Mori 2: Guardians of Immortality – SoccerDude28
2 Nicolas Eymerich The Inquisitor – eddyc, diego, Phlebas
3 Red Johnson’s Chronicles—TimovieMan
4 Red Crow Mysteries: Legion—chrissie
5 The Colonel’s Bequest: A Laura Bow Mystery – Lady Kestrel
6 Secret Files 3 – eddyc, Lady Kestrel
7 The Journey Down – SpeedBo, chrissie, Phlebas
8 Scarlett Adventures: Scarlett and the Spark of Life—DarkEye
9 The Book of Unwritten Tales 2—eddyc
10 The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness – Phlebas, Lady Kestrel
11 Death Gate – DarkEye, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel
12 The Blackwell Epiphany – Intense Degree
13 Year Walk—TimovieMan
14 Gast the Greatest Little Ghost – chrissie, TimovieMan, eddyc, Lady Kestrel
15 Pepper’s Adventures in Time – DarkEye, Phlebas
16 Bone: Out from Boneville – SoccerDude28
17 The Ballads of Reemus: When the Bed Bites – chrissie, eddyc, TimovieMan, SoccerDude 28, Phlebas
18 Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths—Phlebas
19 Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World – SoccerDude28, Intense Degree
20 Atlantis Evolution—Phlebas
21 Treasure Hunter – SpeedBo, chrissie
22 Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned – Intense Degree
23 Journey – SoccerDude28
24 Eric the Unready – SpeedBo, diego
25 The Wolf Among Us—Karlok
26 Yesterday—chrissie
27 Zork Grand Inquisitor – eddyc, Phlebas
28 Treasure Island – DarkEye, chrissie
29 Yoomurjak’s Ring – chrissie, TimovieMan, Phlebas, Lady Kestrel
30 Quiet Christmas – chrissie, Lady Kestrel
31 Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand – eddyc, Lady Kestrel, diego
32 Detective Grimoire: Secret of the Swamp—SoccerDude28
33 Lost Horizon 1 – eddyc, chrissie
34 Christmas Quest 3: Santa’s Little Help Desk – TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel
35 The Secrets of Atlantis—chrissie
36 Dreamfall Chapters – Iznogood, Phlebas
37 The Messenger or Louvre: The Final Curse – diego, Phlebas
38 Syberia 1 – Jabod, eddyc, SpeedBo, DarkEye, TimovieMan, chrissie, Phlebas, Lady Kestrel
39 Memoria—chrissie
40 The Rivers of Alice – Dark Eye, eddyc, diego
41 King’s Quest: A Knight to Remember – SoccerDude28
42 Road to India: Beween Hell and Nirvana – DarkEye, SoccerDude28
43 Simon the Sorcerer 3D – TimovieMan, SpeedBo, Lady Kestrel
44 ASA: A Space Adventure—TimovieMan
45 The Dig—SpeedBo
46 Armikrog – eddyc, SoccerDude28
47 Y2K: The Game – chrissie, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel
48 Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments – eddyc, DarkEye
49 Ether One – Dark Eye, TimovieMan
50 Tengami – Karlok, SpeedBo
51The Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: Case of the Rose Tattoo – DarkEye, eddyc. diego
52 Uru: Ages Beyond Myst—TimovieMan
53 Journeyman Project 2: Buried in Time—SpeedBo
54 Undercover: Operation Wintersun – Karlok, DarkEye, SpeedBo
55 The Legend of Lotus Spring – Lady Kestrel
56 The Crimson Crown—chrissie
57 Secret Mission—DarkEye
58 Discworld II: Missing Presumed…!?—DarkEye

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Final Standings

chrissie - 104
Lady Kestrel - 96
TimovieMan - 96
DarkEye - 94
eddyc - 86
Phlebas - 69
SpeedBo - 59
diego - 52
SoccerDude28 - 45
Intense Degree - 15
Karlok - 15
Iznogood - 5
Jabod - 5

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Nice quiz, Becky! If I understand correctly, you’re using very similar method as Gabe did with trees? Will all the players receive the same points for correct answers or the rule of the fastest is in again?

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Yes, it’s similar to Gabe’s method.

But everyone gets the same points for the same image answered correctly within the 24-hour period. There’s no advantage to answering quickly. But for your answers to count for that day, you must PM me with your guesses before the 4:00 PM forum ending deadline for that particular day. Once I’ve posted the answers, the next day begins.

Does this make sense? Or am I explaining it poorly.

The way to achieve a high score is to be sure to send 3 guesses every day of the quiz and to have the correct answer for mostly images with “R” and “D” on them.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Everything is crystal clear now, thank you Becky! Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Focus on the R’s now. Focus on the remaining R’s tomorrow, then the D’s, then the rest. Easy. Cool

And by ‘easy’, I mean the rules, not the actual quiz. Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Well, I recognise a lot of screenshots in this lovely quiz without an R or D attached but I guess that’s not going to be good enough!!! Laughing

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Becky - 12 December 2015 01:04 PM

Yes, it’s similar to Gabe’s method.

But everyone gets the same points for the same image answered correctly within the 24-hour period. There’s no advantage to answering quickly. But for your answers to count for that day, you must PM me with your guesses before the 4:00 PM forum ending deadline for that particular day. Once I’ve posted the answers, the next day begins.

Does this make sense? Or am I explaining it poorly.

The way to achieve a high score is to be sure to send 3 guesses every day of the quiz and to have the correct answer for mostly images with “R” and “D” on them.

Hi Becky I am still not clear on the rules of the quiz(sorry Frown). So are we to send you 3 guesses for 3 different images, or the same image that we guessed wrong?

Edit: What I’m trying to say is, if I recognize let’s say 6 images today, I can only PM you with 3 of them?

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Yes, you can only send 3 guesses per day of different images, even if you recognize more than that. Then, after I post the Day 1 results around 4:00 PM forum time tomorrow, you can then send me three different guesses for Day 2 (assuming that they haven’t been guessed already by somebody else and posted with the results already).

If you realize, after the results are posted for Day 1, that you guessed wrong and the image hasn’t been guessed correctly already, you can try again with a different guess for that image on Day 2. But still, the total of guesses for each day can only be 3.

Does this make sense?

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Becky - 12 December 2015 05:14 PM

Yes, you can only send 3 guesses per day of different images, even if you recognize more than that. Then, after I post the Day 1 results around 4:00 PM forum time tomorrow, you can then send me three different guesses for Day 2 (assuming that they haven’t been guessed already by somebody else and posted with the results already).

If you realize, after the results are posted for Day 1, that you guessed wrong and the image hasn’t been guessed correctly already, you can try again with a different guess for that image on Day 2. But still, the total of guesses for each day can only be 3.

Does this make sense?

Totally makes sense, thanks for explaining Smile

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Only a few hours left until the Day 1 guessing will be over. Get your 3 guesses in soon.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Day 1 of the quiz has officially ended. I’ve posted the results from Day 1 immediately below the quiz images. Have a look.  Cool

Day 2 now begins—please PM me with 3 guesses anytime between now and 4:00 PM forum time on Monday, December 14th.

Note: I’m trying to be perfectly accurate, but if I make a mistake in recording your guesses, let me know.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Day 2 of the quiz has officially ended. I’ve posted the results from Days 1 and 2 immediately below the quiz images. Have a look.  Nerd

Day 3 now begins—please PM me with 3 guesses anytime between now and 4:00 PM forum time on Tuesday, December 15th.

Note: I find it remarkable how quickly some of these difficult images have been identified.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top