• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Wonder how this is going to go down. It’s not exactly TV friendly.

One of my favourite comics getting an AMC series.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Lynch is making Twinpeaks as a whole movie will edit it later into eps, David Duchovony confirmed to be in, Naomi is planned to be in the mix too, coming in 2017.

FK in the coffee.

Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ash vs. Evil Dead trailer

Well… that looks fun! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

TimovieMan - 07 November 2015 02:54 AM

Ash vs. Evil Dead trailer

Well… that looks fun! Cool

Saw 2 eps, it started good, then pacing and acting went all over the place.
Still if people want some creepiness and groovy stuff with high;y detailed gore, check the pilot.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Finished season 2 of Banshee recently.  I just love that show.  It may not be the new definition of quality TV when it comes to the writing, but it’s entertaining as hell, looks great, and has an amazing soundtrack.  Very cool to see Danish actor Ulrich Thomsen as one of the main characters.  I guess I’ll have to wait some time until I’ll be able to watch season 3 in Germany, but I’m definitely looking forward to it.

Also finished season 2 of The Newsroom.  I have never seen any other show where pure brilliance and disastrous elements are so close to each other. While some story lines work incredibly well, others could barely be more annoying.  If the writing would have been more consistent, the Newsroom could have been one of the best shows of all time easily. At least I feel that way. 

And still… something magical happens when Aaron Sorkin shows his brilliant side. That’s why I really like The Newsroom despite of everything that’s wrong with it.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ingmar - 08 December 2015 12:21 PM

Finished season 2 of Banshee recently.  I just love that show.  It may not be the new definition of quality TV when it comes to the writing, but it’s entertaining as hell, looks great, and has an amazing soundtrack.  Very cool to see Danish actor Ulrich Thomsen as one of the main characters.  I guess I’ll have to wait some time until I’ll be able to watch season 3 in Germany, but I’m definitely looking forward to it.

Also finished season 2 of The Newsroom.  I have never seen any other show where pure brilliance and disastrous elements are so close to each other. While some story lines work incredibly well, others could barely be more annoying.  If the writing would have been more consistent, the Newsroom could have been one of the best shows of all time easily. At least I feel that way. 

And still… something magical happens when Aaron Sorkin shows his brilliant side. That’s why I really like The Newsroom despite of everything that’s wrong with it.

Banshee is indeed full of entertainment and Season3 was best, amazing fight scenes.
You are in for a great ride.
Glad they wont drag it and finishing in Season4.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Probably the only show I’m watching right now is Doctor Who and that’s just finished. Overall, a better season than last year, but still kind of left me feeling a bit distant from the other seasons. Maybe along with the doctor, they should start bringing in a new lead writer, as Moffat seems be struggling with what to do next it seems. He still has some good ideas and I want him to be part of it all, but his mind seems elsewhere it seems. I mean, we’re apparently not going to get another season now till the end of 2016 if we’re lucky. Surely such a big show like this should be more consistent…

Anyway, I liked most of what they did in this final episode, but some of it did seem a bit off. Not sure why Moffat feels the need to keep bringing up the time lords can now regenerate into either gender, but it’s now a thing. A thing which I can’t see going down too well if he does decide to do it when Capaldi goes.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

nomadsoul - 08 December 2015 01:07 PM

Banshee is indeed full of entertainment and Season3 was best

Sounds great. Looking forward to it!

Started watching season 2 of Fargo on Netflix.  Finished episode 5 last night.  All I can say for now is: They did it again! Still one of the best shows in recent years. 

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Ok. Caught up, and finished episode 9 of Fargo 2.

The last episodes contained some of the most gripping stuff I’ve ever seen on TV (or in a movie). I was silently applauding over and over again because I wasn’t able to believe how good it was. Then the last 5 or 6 minutes of episode 9 arrived…

SPOILER WARNING:

Seriously? For real? I know the UFO thing was indicated before, but - even for Fargo standards - it seemed too silly to be true. I can’t allow myself a final verdict before the release of episode 10.  However, I felt like that whole UFO encounter completely f"cked up all the great stuff in that episode. Depending on what happens next, this may have been the moment where they jumped the shark. The reaction of Kirsten Dunst was priceless, but - despite of that - this final scenario just seemed sooo incredibly inappropriate on too many levels. I don’t know if they’re relativizing this issue in episode 10, but I can only hope for the best.

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2005-12-19

PM

Ingmar - 11 December 2015 01:32 PM

Seriously? For real? I know the UFO thing was indicated before, but - even for Fargo standards - it seemed too silly to be true. I can’t allow myself a final verdict before the release of episode 10.  However, I felt like that whole UFO encounter completely f"cked up all the great stuff in that episode. Depending on what happens next, this may have been the moment where they jumped the shark. The reaction of Kirsten Dunst was priceless, but - despite of that - this final scenario just seemed sooo incredibly inappropriate on too many levels. I don’t know if they’re relativizing this issue in episode 10, but I can only hope for the best.

The UFO stuff elevates the ridiculousness and madness of Fargo to a new level, in a strange way relativizing the rest of the plot—without really addressing any of it at all (other than Dunst’s brilliant comment). It doesn’t seem inappropriate to me; rather, among all the neurotic and irrational human behavior, close encounters of the first kind seem almost serene, putting everything else into perspective. In a way, they seem to make more sense than the actions of Hanzee, for instance. Also, it’s just funny as hell.

Personally, I adore it and hope it stays that way.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Attack on Titan showed on netflix here and I just binge watched it. Awesome ahow, the hype was worth. Great action, really dark, nothing does seem to go well, everybody gets eaten! I do hope Season 2 gives some more answers.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 28 December 2015 01:26 PM

Attack on Titan showed on netflix here and I just binge watched it. Awesome ahow, the hype was worth. Great action, really dark, nothing does seem to go well, everybody gets eaten! I do hope Season 2 gives some more answers.

One punch man is new anime sensation if you are up for more anime.

Just started watching this on hype around the net,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5189670/

If you guys up for good drama,presentation and mystery watch it.
Ep1 is free on youtube.
See if it clicks.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Is anyone watching the current season of Game of Thrones? I hope it’s just fanfic completely different from the books…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just got over with Banshee S4.
Terrible season marring all great things from last 2 seasons.
4/10.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Saw the first season of The Killing and really enjoyed it but I have the feeling they are going to wreck it on Season 2… I wish it was all resolved by end of the first season

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top