• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Reviews/Reviewers and a small venue for us to breath… 

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2015-11-11

PM

and to speak our minds, to praise them (reviews & reviewers) or to discuss even opposite opinions of the reviews content… just small venue/thread for members to breath.

A venue instead of the one that had been taking down by Admins a while ago, which was something good, yea,  for all the constant attacks toward the bread and butter of the genre, the volunteers/the reviewers who create these article for us to help on our decision when spending our money to buy a vertain title.

so let be civilized,  any kind of attack towatd reviewers, means that no learned anything from why that section was removed or why i make this thread to be place for those who are missing commenting over those reviews.

I WILL START THE THREAD WITH TODAY REVIEW.
AND ANYONE CAN BRING ANY REVIEW HERE TO COMMENT ON.
Today Dropsy review is out, and for unknown reasons but the obviously the most obvious one is because the site cares much about covering every game, even if all reviewers are busy,  the chief editor steps in to do.
cant remember when was it the last time he reviewed anything.

Anyway, i played dropsy,  but i will keep silent for now and will wait for Doom to post his takes over the review (if there are any), as i know he is the most around here who had shown passion and true love for it,  and so i would like to read his opinion over Mr. Allin review, before i step in with mine.

But., anybody is welcome to bring in whatever review he/she would like to leave a comment on and can find the appropriate section for doing this anymore.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

There doesn’t need to be one feedback thread for all reviews. Feedback is certainly welcome, but most games have their own threads already, and if one doesn’t, a new thread specifically for that review and/or game is warranted.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2015-11-11

PM

this approach wasnt for the game,  but for the reviewers and their reviews,  in a game thread we discuss the the game but at the deleted section it used to be about the review itself,  about agreeing or disAgreeing on thr reviewer vision,  praise them or correcting them,  and it had happened 100s of times at both ways,  and since you deleted that section i dont think anyone would come i.e at the dropsy thread and say hey Mr. Allin that was great review the talk will go forever about the game itself.. without any crediting for the reviewer.
i think you are taking off the simplest matter of the reviewer possible appreciation. even if he/she would never ask for..

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

If someone feels a thread specifically about a particular review is warranted, they’re welcome to start one. (The mods may or may not agree, but it’s certainly possible.) It just doesn’t make sense to have one catch-all thread for any and all games reviewed.

Frankly, there really isn’t much to say about a review anyway. There’s no arguing a person’s individual opinion. People can only share their own experience, whether different or the same, and that’s just discussing the game like any other thread.

And if anyone feels the need or desire to address a reviewer directly, there’s always email or PM. No reason that needs to be a public thing.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

I noticed that episodic games don`t have a score and a verdict even after the last episode is reviewed, why is that ?

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Life is Strange does. It’s only the Telltale series we didn’t score, because now that they’ve stripped out essentially all exploration and puzzles, we really don’t consider their interactive stories to be actual adventure games.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Interesting…so does that mean they won’t be reviewed anymore?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Nope, we’ll still review them. We often cover not-quite-adventures of (presumed) interest to adventure gamers. We just don’t formally grade them, as the one concession of falling a little too far outside genre lines.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Ah, good to hear. The story element in adventure (or close to) games is what grabs me about the genre.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-06-29

PM

Ouch, knowing this makes it sting even more. You guys were our lowest score.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top