• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

SO I watched the first episode of the Walking Dead spin off.

Fear of the Walking dead starts a lot slower than the original series. It’s a prequel set in the days during the original outbreak. There are lots of references to people with the flu, strange reactions from Doctors who seem to know someting is happening, increased police and helicopter noises and lots of tension filled scenes of potential danger. However for the most part the normal folks are oblivious to what is about to happen.

The show follows a dysfunction family, (Mum, step dad, and two kids one who is heading for bearkley Uni and the other is a strung out junkie) as they slowly come to realise that something is happening.

It was a reasonable if slow start to a show that will probably be less about the actual zombies and more about the decline of society. (Walking dead was already post shit hitting the fan)

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lucien21 - 24 August 2015 07:00 PM

It was a reasonable if slow start to a show that will probably be less about the actual zombies and more about the decline of society. (Walking dead was already post shit hitting the fan)

The first season maybe, but I’m not sure about the rest. The makers have said they want to “catch up” to the other series’ timeline after a couple of seasons… Meh
Which makes no sense at all as they stated there would be no crossover between the two series whatsoever.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I recently watched season 1 of Hannibal. I must say that I was never that interested in the source material, but - being a huge fan of Mads Mikkelsen - it was about time to check it out.

Wow. Very, very intense. Mads, Hugh Dancy and Caroline Dhavernas are brilliant. It is a show that made me feel uncomfortable all of the time, but at the same time totally hooked me. 

I need something more positive before I watch season 2, but I would recommend season 1 to anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers with great actors and expressive visuals.

Also watched season 1 of The Affair. Really enjoyed it overall. Turned out to be a different show than the first episodes indicated, and I’m not sure where this is going in season 2, but I will certainly watch it when it comes out. Good show so far!

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Netflix did it again with Narcos, another great show with high production.

Just watched the first episode and WagnerMoura has his beast mode activated.
Elitesquad fans will dig his role and grim brutality of the show.

Bron Season 3 pilot was good, but missing Bodnia already.

@Ingmar

Yes Affair is solid, loved Ruth Wilson’s performance , and apparently second season is as engrossing.

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

nomadsoul - 06 October 2015 04:56 AM

@Ingmar

Yes Affair is solid, loved Ruth Wilson’s performance , and apparently second season is as engrossing.

I always like seeing Dominic West, but I also felt like Ruth Wilson’s performance stood out. She’s a really good actress!

Shame on me, but I bought season 2 of bron right after it was released in Germany, and still haven’t seen it (only the first episode, but that was ages ago). Loved season 1, though. Really need to catch-up.  It’s sad to hear that Kim Bodnia is not in season 3. Does Sorga have a new partner from Denmark in season 3 or did they change the concept?

Finished season 1 of The Tudors last night. I’m late to the party, but I definitely enjoyed season 1. I have never really seen much of Jonathan Rhys Meyers before, but he is excellent as Henry VIII.  Natalie Dormer’s role as Ann Boleyn also made me realize that she should have a lot more screen time on Game of Thrones. Some very good actors on that show in general. Looking forward to the next three seasons!

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ingmar - 07 October 2015 11:33 AM
nomadsoul - 06 October 2015 04:56 AM

@Ingmar

I always like seeing Dominic West, but I also felt like Ruth Wilson’s performance stood out. She’s a really good actress!

Shame on me, but I bought season 2 of bron right after it was released in Germany, and still haven’t seen it (only the first episode, but that was ages ago). Loved season 1, though. Really need to catch-up.  It’s sad to hear that Kim Bodnia is not in season 3. Does Sorga have a new partner from Denmark in season 3 or did they change the concept?

Finished season 1 of The Tudors last night. I’m late to the party, but I definitely enjoyed season 1. I have never really seen much of Jonathan Rhys Meyers before, but he is excellent as Henry VIII.  Natalie Dormer’s role as Ann Boleyn also made me realize that she should have a lot more screen time on Game of Thrones. Some very good actors on that show in general. Looking forward to the next three seasons!

Season 2 of Bron was breathtaking esp last few eps.
As far as new partner in Season3, cannot say much, spoiler territory.
Wink

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Finally watching season 1 of Fargo. Finished episode 8 last night.  Wow, now I can understand why so many people were raving about season 1.  What a brilliant show!

Didn’t read anything about season 2 yet as I’m worried about spoilers concerning the season 1 finale.  Will do that once I finish the last two episodes.

Up next: Hannibal (season 2), Banshee (season 1), The Tudors (last episodes of season 2). Quite some stuff I need to catch-up on.  Would also love to check out The Leftovers, Narcos and Better Call Saul, but I just don’t know how to find the time for all the potentially cool shows I want to watch.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ingmar - 16 October 2015 04:24 AM

Finally watching season 1 of Fargo. Finished episode 8 last night.  Wow, now I can understand why so many people were raving about season 1.  What a brilliant show!

Yes, 1st season of Fargo was the best show I’ve seen in the last years. I was a bit weary because I thought it might have been too much like the movie but no, it’s even better. Excellent characters with Billy Bob killing it has the psycho has always. That warehouse scene where he goes on the revenge killing spree was so good (with the added bonus of Key and Peele showing out of nowhere! Smile )

Hannibal Season 1 was disappointing to me, started very strong, excellent acting but too much scenes of “everything is Will delirium” to tie everything together in the end.

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Finished Fargo. Episode 9 was absolutely insane (in a very good way) and episode 10 felt like a very good closure to me. There have been a lot of really cool shows in recent years, but I really think that Fargo is among the best. Some very memorable characters in there along with several WTF??? moments. There are many scenes worth mentioning, so here are just some spontanious thoughts.

Lester’s character development was amazing. Despicable guy but very entertaining. He should have seen it coming, though.  Guess you shouldn’t try becoming Heisenberg unless your name is Walter White. Wink

I’m very glad that all the members of the Molly/Gus family survived. Until the end, I was very worried that some kind of evil twist might come up, but fortunately it didn’t.

I don’t know how many times I wanted to yell at Bob Odenkirk for being such a goof (eventhough I always like seeing Bob Odenkirk). However, that final Odenkirk scene was very strong, and a great explanation for his prior behaviour. Very cool scene.

[spoiler]Holy sh*t. The entire Las Vegas part in episode 9 was a complete knock-out!!!  Gasp

Has anyone started watching season 2? I didn’t even know that Kirsten Dunst is in it. Well, things could be worse. Wink

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Ingmar - 17 October 2015 10:18 AM

Finished Fargo. Episode 9 was absolutely insane (in a very good way) and episode 10 felt like a very good closure to me. There have been a lot of really cool shows in recent years, but I really think that Fargo is among the best. Some very memorable characters in there along with several WTF??? moments. There are many scenes worth mentioning, so here are just some spontanious thoughts.

Lester’s character development was amazing. Despicable guy but very entertaining. He should have seen it coming, though.  Guess you shouldn’t try becoming Heisenberg unless your name is Walter White. Wink

I’m very glad that all the members of the Molly/Gus family survived. Until the end, I was very worried that some kind of evil twist might come up, but fortunately it didn’t.

I don’t know how many times I wanted to yell at Bob Odenkirk for being such a goof (eventhough I always like seeing Bob Odenkirk). However, that final Odenkirk scene was very strong, and a great explanation for his prior behaviour. Very cool scene.

[spoiler]Holy sh*t. The entire Las Vegas part in episode 9 was a complete knock-out!!!  Gasp

Has anyone started watching season 2? I didn’t even know that Kirsten Dunst is in it. Well, things could be worse. Wink

Fargo S2 season has as unique feel as S1, I hated Dunst but loving her new looks here.

Also if you give up on Banshee dont miss its Season3, great action scenes.
Season 4 gonna be baller.
Show is comic type , so suspend your disbelief accordingly.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Homeland Season 5

Very intense, not missing a beat from the previous season.
Recommend it highly.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

CBS has announced Star Trek will be returning to TV in January 2017.

http://www.startrek.com/article/new-star-trek-series-premieres-january-2017

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And all shows keep coming back but it’s good to see a new Star Trek show.

Anyone saw Black Mirror? Just saw the 3 episodes recently, good stuff, some thought provoking views.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 02 November 2015 04:53 PM

And all shows keep coming back but it’s good to see a new Star Trek show.

Anyone saw Black Mirror? Just saw the 3 episodes recently, good stuff, some thought provoking views.

Saw you sitting on PS4 netflix, while i was thinking why he gave up on asssyndicate. Wink
Well if you are up for Netflix, start Narcos already.
10/10
Immediately jumped in my top 5 best TV shows.
Wagner ftw!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 November 2015 06:03 PM

Saw you sitting on PS4 netflix, while i was thinking why he gave up on asssyndicate. Wink
Well if you are up for Netflix, start Narcos already.
10/10
Immediately jumped in my top 5 best TV shows.
Wagner ftw!

Yeah! Netflix arrived in my country last week, I’m using my free month to the max, damn thing is addicting Smile
Started watching Death Note, Orange is the New Black and random episodes of IT crowd. Narcos is also up next.

Too bad the movie selection is bad for now, only Beasts of no Nation is interesting, rest is stuff I’ve already seen.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top