• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I need help identifying a certain game

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2015-10-28

PM

Hello there,

I registered here because I need help finding a certain game and I thought you could help me. I played this one when I was little, so I don’t have much memories about it, however I remember that one way to die was to lay down in the garden in the sun. You would lay there for a while when I recall correctly and then a message regarding how deadly UV rays can be or something.

The game, at least the part I remember, was set in a (yellow?) house.

I hope you can help me.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sounds like something out of a old Sierra game. No idea which. Maybe a Larry game?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Willy Beamish?

It’d help if we had more information about year / graphic style / control scheme / setting etc.

Joined 2015-10-28

PM

Thanks for the replies!

First of all I think it was neither Larry nor Willy Beamish (Willy Beamish does not look like the game I am talking about at all).
As I said I don’t have that good memories, but the game starts in a house and you have partially a top-down camera view. I just remember that you could run inside the house and do stuff ( Crazy ), but also, like I said, kill yourself with sun bathing.
Graphic quality wise it looked somewhat like Space Quest 4 I think, so I would guess it was a early 90’s game, and I also think it ran on Windows, but I am not sure.

I know that is not that much information, but i tried to find the game for a while and it drives me nuts not knowing what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m also thinking ‘early Sierra’, and the ‘yellow(?) house’ makes me think of “Gold Rush!”, so I’ll say that.

Was the game controlled by typing commands, or did you use a cursor?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-10-28

PM

You used a cursor, so no text input.
And no, it’s (unfortunately) not Gold Rush. The graphics were “better” than Gold Rush.
The game seemed to be set in the present (at the time of release) so it was a ordinary house. It also was more like that the house was the place where stuff happened.

This is what I can tell about the game:

-> Graphics (more or less) on par with SQIV
-> Bird-eye view when being outside, side view when inside the house
-> No text input (if I recall correctly)
-> I think it was a windows game (It ran without any emulators as far as I can tell)
-> You can die in the garden by lying in the sun

Thanks for trying to help me, even if we don’t find out what game this was, I at least have a list of games to check out Tongue

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hugo?

edit: nah, scratch that, it has worse graphics than SQ4

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2015-10-28

PM

If it helps, it was similar to Maniac Mansion Deluxe (it was not maniac Mansion Deluxe Frown )

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2015-10-28

PM

Zak mckraken is definitely similar to what I am looking for, but no… Frown
I think I mixed up similar games to one memory (brains are weird).
The only thing I remember for sure is that you could lay in the sun in the garden,
and that you would die from that.

Anyways, this thread is a good list of games to check out, as I am used to play point and shoot faces games rather than point and click games. I just played Space quest 4 and it was quite fun, and if all adventure games are like this, I have a whole new genre to check out.

Thank you guys, you are a good community!

P.S.: Sorry for my cripple-english.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Das Erbe

about 17 minutes into the video…

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I watched that video, and, as silly as it is, I think you nailed it, Crabapple.  I’ve seen screenshots of the game before but really didn’t know what it was about.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2015-10-28

PM

I think that’s it…
Well, it does look stranger than I remember, but I was about 5 years old when I played this Tongue Now I can have my inner peace. Thanks crabapple and of course everyone else who tried to help.

I think this thread can be closed.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top