• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Nelly Cootalot 2 giveway—in memory of Astrid Beulink

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

As many of you will remember, Astrid Beulink (aka Pollo Diablo) was a cherished member of Adventure Gamers and indeed the entire adventure game community until her far-too-early passing last year.

It should surprise no one who knew her that Astrid was a supporter of many games through Kickstarter, some of which she was never able to see come to fruition. We have no doubt that she would want others to benefit from her generosity in her stead, however, so with the kind cooperation of Astrid’s husband and developer Alasdair Beckett-King, we are pleased to present a Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet backer reward giveaway in Astrid’s memory.

Offered free to a good home are:

• Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet DVD (and digital download)
• Hardback Nelly Cootalot Art Book

As is customary at AG, in order to be eligible you’ll need to answer a quiz question – but only one this time, and I’m sure everyone will be able to answer. Even if you weren’t fortunate enough to know Astrid personally, you can probably still figure it out. To throw your name in the hat, simply post your answer in this thread.

We won’t set a definitive timeline for the contest, just leave it open for a few days or a week, and then randomly select a winner and announce the news at that time.

Good luck!

Quiz Question:

The word best describing Astrid is:

A) Awesome
B) Incredible
C) Fantastic
D) Amazing

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

My answer is D: Amazing - she was described as that in one accolade for carrying on despite her illness, (which is amazing for someone so ill) & I can’t disagree!  Heart (All description are appropriate in my mind though!)

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

From what I’ve read of her contributions here plus how she dealt with her illness I’d say all 4 are accurate.

This of course means I must have the correct answer in there Smile  but please don’t enter me for the draw as I already own the download and the DVD.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I’d say A. Awesome.  I would hope to be able to persevere as she did doing what she loved right up to the very end.  But I agree that all four are very applicable.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there are incredible people in this world who suffered in silence,  but what is significant more they seemed to be able to do their work in such an amazing way, taking all of their sufferings and recycle it in for others, at another total different form, that helps them by adding some fantastic moments of fun and joy over their lives,  i guess Astrid was one of those people, she was absolutely an awesome person. Let’s always remember her and pray she is at a better place.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m not entering the draw since I already own Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet. But I thought I’d mention that Awesome Amazing Astrid has a certain ring to it!

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

C) Astrid was fantastic, may her soul rest in peace.

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Also own the game. But my vote is for E) All of the above.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Astrid was wonderful, so for the quiz question, my answer is A+B+C+D.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Not really possible to choose between all of those adjectives, she was amazing, awesome, fantastic and incredible. I loved reading her Gamescom round up every year and I can’t imagine how hard it must have been for her to cover the last gamescom she did. It’s a testament to her courage that she did.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Another one not entering as I have my Kickstarter rewards for Nelly, but Astrid was certainly more than the sum of the parts of A, B, C and D.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yeah, all of the above! And courageous too.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2011-08-01

PM

Astrid Beulink can only be described with the words awesome, and incredible, and fantastic, and amazing, and many other positive personality characteristics. I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but I did read her outstanding articles on this site. From what I’ve read in the “In memory of Astrid Beulink” article, she is truly an angel that made everyone’s lives around her better. Her compassion, friendliness, engagement, hard-work, and positive attitude made the entire community a better place. Astrid may no longer be with us physically, but the positive memories of her, and her contributions, will last forever.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Unsticking this thread, just in case people are missing it up at the top.

I’ll close the contest at the end of the weekend, so time’s running out!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just read the tribute here on this site.
Never knew her remotely ofcourse.
But all the comments esp of Ingmar brought some man tears.

Not want to contest, but considering all the comments , its truly incredible to not only pull through, but downplay it and be selfless and humble, and aboveall continue with hobby passionately.
Thats alien nowadays, where everyone is pretty much selfish and trapped in ego.
More than saying RIP, she has left an example to be greater human being.

Hard to imagine how people pull it off.
Incredible.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

And we have a winner!

After a random name-in-a-hat draw, Astrid’s awesome, incredible, fantastic amazingness lives on with her Nelly Cootalot rewards going to…

Advie!!

Thanks to all who entered, which was as much about thinking kind thoughts of a dear departed friend as it was giving away free loot. (Although the loot’s pretty good too!)

Advie, see your PMs (shortly) about your prize.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top