• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I disappointed myself by not being able to keep up with the Lighthouse playthrough, which I’d intended to do.

So I’m not going to vote, though I may join in later, depending on the game.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (6) - Karlok (leader), TimovieMan, Doom, Pegbiter, Intense Degree, Sefir

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (5) - SoccerDude, TimovieMan, Doom, Chrissie, Sefir

Boïnihi: The K’i Codex (4) - Luhr28, TimovieMan, Giom, Sefir
L.A. Noire (4) - Intense Degree (leader), Chrissie, Pegbiter, Sefir
Loom (4) - SoccerDude, Doom, DCast, Sefir

Heavy Rain (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Chrissie, Pegbiter
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Pegbiter
Shivers 2 (3) - RTRooney, TimovieMan, SoccerDude

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Karlok - 07 November 2020 07:41 AM
TimovieMan - 07 November 2020 03:57 AM
rtrooney - 06 November 2020 11:14 PM

My problem is that I’ve been following a discussion of There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension and I can’t decide if I even like the concept.

You could try the freeware game? It’ll only take you about 15 minutes to play and would give you an idea of what’s to come in the full game?

What TimovieMan said!

PS: You played the Obra Dinn and liked it. Smile

I did. However my reason for not liking the premise of Obra Din is quite different than my premise for this game. But, you’re right! I have not played the demo. I’ll google it since it’s neither posted on this thread, nor, strangely on the thread devoted to the game, found a few Thread Posts below this one.

Hope I like it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

You can find the demo here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1241700/There_Is_No_Game__Jam_Edition_2015/

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Will give it a try. Thanks.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’ll actually add my vote to There is No Game. After seeing the raving reviews, I bought it and played about 10 minutes of it to see if I like it or not. It is so far one of the funniest adventure games I have played. Really looking forward to it.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Karlok - 10 November 2020 09:23 PM

You can find the demo here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1241700/There_Is_No_Game__Jam_Edition_2015/

I’ve played the Jam Edition now, and I really liked it. So I bought Wrong Dimension on GOG and will play it soon even if it doesn’t win this voting round.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (7) - Karlok (leader), TimovieMan, Doom, Pegbiter, Intense Degree, Sefir, SoccerDude

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (5) - SoccerDude, TimovieMan, Doom, Chrissie, Sefir

Boïnihi: The K’i Codex (4) - Luhr28, TimovieMan, Giom, Sefir
L.A. Noire (4) - Intense Degree (leader), Chrissie, Pegbiter, Sefir
Loom (4) - SoccerDude, Doom, DCast, Sefir

Heavy Rain (3) - Intense Degree (leader), Chrissie, Pegbiter
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Pegbiter
Shivers 2 (3) - RTRooney, TimovieMan, SoccerDude

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Pegbiter - 11 November 2020 05:04 AM

I’ve played the Jam Edition now, and I really liked it. So I bought Wrong Dimension on GOG and will play it soon even if it doesn’t win this voting round.

I was thinking of doing the same thing. So let’s hope it keeps its lead and wins. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I think it’s safe to say that There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension is the winner of this round of voting.  Karlok will set up the playthrough thread when she’s ready.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I nominate Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice. You can play it on 3DS, IOS and Android. I will lead.

The game did get a perfect score when reviewed on this site and considered the best of the series:

Our Review

A Classic

Just for fun, let’s nominate the Shapeshifting Detective, we can do a very quick CPT of it for a little fun. I will lead.

Also, Little Misfortune, I will lead. We had fun with Fran Bow so we can have fun with this one too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I vote for Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice.

And I nominate and offer to lead The Dig.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #64 is open through Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2021. 

I vote for The Dig, which would be a replay for me.

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (2) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan
The Dig (2) - TimovieMan (leader), Lady Kestrel

Little Misfortune (1) - Adv_Lvr (leader)
The Shapeshifting Detective (1) - Adv_Lvr (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oh, I missed some nominations. I’ll vote for Little Misfortune and The Shapeshifting Detective as well.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I nominate (once more) Oknytt. I will lead it ofc.

I also vote for The Dig, Little Misfortune and The Shapeshifting Detective.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top