• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Time for a new community playthrough

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I can’t see any reason to wait until midnight since there hasn’t been any activity in 5 days, so go ahead when you’re ready, Karlok.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oops! I thought midnight May 20 was last night.  Shifty Eyed

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

After a very interesting playthrough of The Case of the Golden Idol if anyone is interested in participating in another CPT (it’s so quiet here!) I have 2 games to put forward. (I’m missing Adv_Lvr/MikeKelly so much here).

I’d like to nominate Memento Mori 2 which I replayed recently & thought it has enough substance to generate interesting discussion/theories. I will offer to lead it if Doom (whom I know has played it recently) doesn’t want to so please leave that on hold until Doom responds.

I’d also like to nominate Culpa Innata which originally walas had offered to lead after working on a translation. Last time I contacted walas he was okay for me to go ahead to offer to lead it myself & wished me the best of luck……... (thanks walas!)

So, I will offer to lead but there’s a lot of problems with ‘construction` as although every player will get to experience all of the elements (as far as I know) to work out the conclusion to a murder mystery the exploration to do this is done over a series of days with the info you can glean in any one day randomised. Hence within a playthrough each player will progress differently on different days but the content as far as I know doesn’t differ overall in the bigger picture?
An interesting aspect to this game is a subplot which you might not even get a hint of depending how you play it.

The game’s not ideal for a playthrough if you want to keep it neat but it could be interesting to compare the variations within the story which will remain the same.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nominations and voting for CP #79 will continue until midnight GMT on Wed., July 12.

Culpa Innata (1) - Chrissie (leader)
Memento Mori 2 (1) - Chrissie

Game nominated last time:
The Safe Place

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

For all of you who are at home and not on a vacation at some exotic island, I will nominate and lead Return to Mysterious Island

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nominations and voting for CP #79 will continue until midnight GMT on Wed., July 12.

Culpa Innata (1) - Chrissie (leader)
Memento Mori 2 (1) - Chrissie
Return to Mysterious Island (1) - Diego (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m assuming that Return to Mysterious Island is the original. FWIW it’s on sale at GOG for $0.79. I’ll give it a vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Sign me up for Culpa Innata (I remember offering it, and many people seemed to be interested back then - thanks for picking up the lead, chrissie!) and Return to Mysterious Island.
Thanks!

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

chrissie - 28 June 2023 01:06 PM

I’d like to nominate Memento Mori 2 which I replayed recently & thought it has enough substance to generate interesting discussion/theories. I will offer to lead it if Doom (whom I know has played it recently) doesn’t want to so please leave that on hold until Doom responds.

Certainly, chrissie, it’s all yours. I don’t know if I will be able to participate in the next CPT, not to mention to lead one, so it would be great. I’ll give my vote to Memento Mori 2 anyway, it’s absolutely worth playing/replaying and I think it suits a CPT more than Culpa or Island.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Memento Mori 2 (3) - Chrissie (leader), Doom, Rtrooney
Return to Mysterious Island (3) - Diego (leader), Rtrooney, DCast

Culpa Innata (2) - Chrissie (leader), DCast

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Add MM2 to my list.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I added your new vote to my last post, RT.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Add my name to Return to Mysterious Island, it’s been on my list since forever.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, well, well… I haven’t got any free time lately but it happens that I begin my holidays next Monday, so I should be able to participate in this CPT, and I always wanted to play Return to Mysterious Island, so please add my vote for it.

About MM2 I translated it into Spanish so I am not particularly interested in replaying it. Same goes for Culpa Innata, although I haven’t finished the translation and the testing yet. Chrissie is right, I told her to go on with it for a CPT, as I don’t even know when I will be able to continue…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 515

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

For something completely different. I’ll nominate The Entropy Centre.
Not that anything I’ve ever nominated gets any votes Cry

AKA Charo

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top