• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Beckydiegoskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

SpaceVenture (The Two Guys from Andromeda) 

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Graphically, it looks great, captures the atmosphere well. But the demo’s a bit of a mess apart from that. The swiping gestures seem especially problematic. Writing-wise, there wasn’t much to see, either.

I’m pretty underwhelmed with this project’s progress. They were hoping to launch in summer not that long ago, but it’s pretty clear now they’re nowhere even close to half done. Since the end of the campaign, this has gone from one of my most anticipated games to “Meh, we’ll see.”

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Well at least they got some progress at least. From the video they posted previously it looked they had hardly anything, so this demo is encouraging. And the direction seems to be right.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

It’s good they got a demo out, and it’s nice they released it to all backers, not just the ones with beta access. But compared to what we’re seeing from Tex Murphy, Moebius, even Dreamfall as early as it is this has slipped pretty far down my list. I have high hopes for Armikrog, too.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The writing will definetly make or break this (or any other game) and that’s something we didn’t really see in the demo. But it does have potential.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am Happy with what (or anything) Scott and mark give

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I’m not sure it’s wise for you to say that, Advie, after your disappointment with the Leisure Suit Larry remake. Well, I guess we can only hope this will turn out great…

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

They seem to be listening to the feedback people have been giving about the issues of the current demo, so perhaps they can fix the swipe controls to be either more responsive or remove them altogether.

And Advie, I was about to say the same Ozzie did Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

lets just say i trust Mark & Scott to be away from any Emotional reposes/influence toward their come back that might lead people to take wrong , hasty actions,
i remember just almost 2 months ago i sent Scott a PM telling him how i am glad he and Mark are back how looking forward to see Ace’s shining like Roger did and always had great unforgotten Joy moments upon me .

he replayed thanking and at the end of His PM he actually amazed with his response , he actually didn’t say like ‘i hope we be up your expectation’ .. or ‘i am glad that fans showed always their to support and we wont let them down ..etc ’ ...instead with a lovely sense of selfishness showed how he is caring about this (project) for his own self/good and not for anyone else and i liked that he said

’ we’re doing our best to have the same fun we had making Space Quest ...’

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/1635/#31885

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

Is it possible there is a bug when you are looking at the door with two big handles? I find myself unable to go back and move away from that screen. I see arrows on each side of the screen appear when I use the “walk” icon but they do not respond… they’re just there.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I don’t think you are supposed to get away from the door. You open it and then just click the walk icon to the other side of the door after it’s open. It’s a bit clumsy, as I’d preferred the room transition to happen immediatly after opening the door. But then again, the team said there’s supposed to be interaction with an another person on that screen as well, so perhaps it’s just a quick compromise after that other character was removed from the demo.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Curious, why wasn’t the Demo talked about on the front page of SVRewards? Its weird that the last post was in February and I would haven ever bothered with the demo until I saw this thread.

Also what does it mean ‘it is damn buggy’? I’ve never played an alpha with this little bugs.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Damn buggy means just that, it’s damned buggy. There’s bug in almost every thing you do in the alpha demo, puzzles reset themselves or the game crashes when you click something. Some of those bugs were known by the guys already, but some of them weren’t. For some people it has been impossible to play the demo through because of those bugs, as it takes some patient effort to play your way through those.

Which springs to mind, it could be nice to design an actual adventure game where you don’t solve traditional puzzles, but play your way around puzzle solving stopping bugs.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

tomimt - 20 July 2013 03:09 AM

There’s bug in almost every thing you do in the alpha demo, puzzles reset themselves or the game crashes when you click something. Some of those bugs were known by the guys already, but some of them weren’t. For some people it has been impossible to play the demo through because of those bugs, as it takes some patient effort to play your way through those.

Sounds pretty much par for the course for an alpha build though.  Unless there’s something I’m not understanding here.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Lambonius - 20 July 2013 04:05 AM

Sounds pretty much par for the course for an alpha build though.  Unless there’s something I’m not understanding here.

No problems from my part, but from other people, who aren’t as versed in software or game development that has been disappointing.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Just like Media coverage of the Vietnam war, giving the not so versed public, VERY early access to playable demos is just funny at times. They just don’t know what they’re looking at or whats going on. Sometimes, it waste developers time just to make a demo that will work for the public just to avoid any bad press or random gamers that threw $60+ at the project. Then again, most of the time its no different than getting a demo ready for publishers or investors…just on a larger scale and can provider worse press than if you just stuck with said publisher. lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top