• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceandiegoLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Syberia: The World Before

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Luhr28 - 19 August 2019 07:07 PM

My guess is that Sokal wants to rescue his legacy. It was tarnished by S3 and maybe he wants to prove it was an exception and not the rule.

I guess there might be something like that going on. Even without technical issues, S3 is a relatively lacklustre game. And I guess Sokal’s name still has some weight, so they managed to get funding for the game.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i wish Microids would take a moment and imagine Syberia1 in 3D at an alternative timeline universe.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

zobraks - 20 August 2019 05:53 AM

You must have played some other game called Syberia 3, not the one I played.

Did you ever notice the crappy controls/interface? In Syberia 3 you have to do six or seven things in order to do something you could achieve with a single click in Syberia 1 and 2.

Yes and at first I couldn’t get the stupid thing to work. I had to look up a video walkthrough just to figure out how to manage it.
After that I didn’t have any problems. Also the game opens up more when you get out of that silly round room.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Enjoyed some (small) parts of Syberia 3 but ultimately it was a massive letdown. These days I mostly remember some of the puzzles with horror. Whoever was responsible for the creation of that ice breaker machine puzzle should be banned from ever again set foot in a game development studio. Every aspect of that puzzle is beyond terrible. Two or three other puzzles were almost as bad.

Haven’t yet played that Syberia 3 DLC, An Automaton with a Plan. Is it any better?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Automation with a Plan is about 30 minutes long and has a 60 Metacritic rating. For free it is OK.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Advie - 20 August 2019 07:28 AM

i wish Microids would take a moment and imagine Syberia1 in 3D at an alternative timeline universe.

Agree that better idea to make Syberia hd remake,it’s still have some untapped potential
and adding multiple endings would be fantastic.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Trailer

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

So Kate has short hair now? And it does look like at least parts of it are set in the past.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

She does look really different and working in a mine.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1421230/Syberia_The_World_Before__Prologue/

You can play the prologue now

Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Vaghen, 1937: Dana Roze is a 17-year-old girl, who is beginning a brilliant career as a pianist. However, shadows begin to appear over her future as the fascist threat of the Brown Shadow hangs over Europe, at the dawn of the Second World War.

Taiga, 2004: Kate Walker survives as best she can in the salt mine where she has been imprisoned, when a tragic event propels her into a new adventure in search of her identity.

Set off on an adventure across continents and through time. Play as both Kate Walker and Dana Roze as you get to the bottom of mysteries that have remained buried for too long.

Roberta Williams

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The prologue is available in Steam for free

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-09-08

PM

tomimt - 08 October 2020 12:47 PM

So Kate has short hair now? And it does look like at least parts of it are set in the past.

Never mind the short hair, she looks totally different in the face too. Doesn’t even look like the same character.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

IronGiant909 - 08 October 2020 01:06 PM

Never mind the short hair, she looks totally different in the face too. Doesn’t even look like the same character.

That too.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

There is a saga which called Syberia,there are origins which must be
returned,so prologued for discover it again..and beat the dead horse again.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top