• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Game Developer Forum

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This may not be the correct arena to ask this question. If it is better placed elsewhere, please move it.

I wonder whether there is a better place for game developers to post information about their games than in the Adventure Games forum?

Not that posts don’t belong there, but there is an accumulation of everything from neophyte developers asking whether their concept might interest anyone enough to actually start development ... to notices about Kickstarter campaigns ... to full-fledged developers, (e.g. Artifex Mundi,) giving developmental updates on its entry into non-casual games.

It just seems that a “Developers Forum” would be a natural place for posts of this ilk. And once the game is actually available in the marketplace, conversation about it should naturally move to the Adventure Games forum.

Just a thought. (And I’m sure it’s not an original one. Just one I haven’t seen posed before.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I doubt anyone will visit a “Developers Forum” so I can’t see this benefiting anyone except the few who are annoyed by devs pitching their products. It’s not like the main forum is flooded with spam anyway, at times it’s been without a pulse and near death for days or weeks. More posts can only be a good thing, whether from devs or regulars.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I can’t argue with the lack of visitors. I don’t think I would visit it frequently. But that doesn’t mean I want to see it on a thread about games, not games in development.

Take this new as an example. No trailer. No developed story. As best, a brief story outline with two illustrations as to what the game might look like.

It should have a home of its own.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Open to it honestly, I do notice that the Discord channel for game dev is used quite a lot actually. While before that existed there wasn’t too much chat on the topic in general channels.

It would be to discuss game development in general, as well as announce games I’d say. Thought from other members or staff?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I don’t know what constitutes information and not advertising. But, if you look at today’s front page, there are at least five posts that relate to developers promoting their games.

Edit: I also notice that no staff have contributed to your request for staff comments.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It doesn’t bother me that developers post their announcements in the adventure games section.  Years ago, JA had a separate developers’ section which got very little attention.  Maybe it would be better to ask the developers their take on this.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Honestly, I don’t think the forums have enough activity for another section for this.
The number of views/post is significantly lower in all non-adventure sections of the forums, so I doubt a separate game dev section would really be worthwhile.

It’s a better fit for the Discord than the forums, if you ask me.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

I am in favor of this bid, and in addition also propose separate forums for:
-Quizzes
-Playthroughs
-Sales related topics
-Unreleased AGs

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top