• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloserwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Twin Mirror (new game from Life Is Strange developers)

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

A new game called Twin Mirror was announced by Dontnod, developer of Life is Strange. This one seems to have a more serious tone than LIS. Trailer:

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Seems a bit Alan Wake ish.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Also indigo prophechy-ish the who murder without remembering part.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Lucien21 - 08 June 2018 05:50 PM

SoccerDude - 08 June 2018 08:01 PM

Come on guys, don’t be so pessimistic. The game isn’t even out yet. Smile

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I’ll definitely be giving it a shot.  But yeah, the combination of the protagonist seeming to have committed a murder they can’t remember and the supernatural elements also reminds me a lot of Indigo Prophecy.  And that’s not a good thing, IMO.

I’d be more interested if there were no supernatural elements involved.  It’s hard to have a story that otherwise feels real and then throw in the supernatural without making it all feel ridiculous.  That certainly has been pulled off before, but it’s pretty rare.  If you screw up the execution you end up with something like the previously mentioned game.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

cyfoyjvx - 08 June 2018 08:44 PM

Who is being pessimistic? I liked Alan Wake and life is strange, a mix of those could be great.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lucien21 - 09 June 2018 03:13 AM
cyfoyjvx - 08 June 2018 08:44 PM

Who is being pessimistic? I liked Alan Wake and life is strange, a mix of those could be great.

Same here. Loved Indigo Prophecy and I was using it as a compliment. Also love Alan Wake as well. I am actually very optimistic about this game and if I weren’t, I wouldn’t have bothered starting this thread Wink

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

well, this news makes me really happy, Take that ttg, at least Dontnod making their own succes with original stories, not some IPs bought that their name is your guarantee to success. take that again!!

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Definitely get the indigo prophecy vibes from the trailer. I’ll certainly be keeping up with the coverage of this game. Somewhat surprising to see this instead of LiS 2 info. Still, I’m glad DontNod is taking chances with new ideas. Their presence in the genre is a great benefit.

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2014-10-17

PM

Nice! i’m intrigue i’ll keep and eye on this Grin

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2018-06-11

PM

SoccerDude - 08 June 2018 02:45 PM

A new game called Twin Mirror was announced by Dontnod, developer of Life is Strange. This one seems to have a more serious tone than LIS. Trailer:

Do we know which team at DONTNOD is doing this? The Remember Me/Vampyr team presumably only just finished up Vampyr, and the Life is Strange team I thought was busy with Life is Strange 2.

I’m guessing the LiS team took a detour and started on this first maybe? Or maybe it’s what they were doing from before LiS2 got greenlit and we’re just hearing about it now.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

New trailer. 3 episodes. First one 2019. Looks interesting

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Dang I kinda assumed this wasn’t gonna be episodic. But I guess that’s just how it is for most of the bigger budget adventure games these days.

It’s a decent teaser, hinting at some intriguing split personality stuff. DontNod has been slowly improving their lip sync but they still don’t have it quite down yet. Still just a little bit mechanical.

Regardless, it’s looking good. Hope to see some gameplay within the next few months.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Gameplay - 10min

Reconstructing memories, looks pretty interesting. Don’t know how Dont Nod works in so much stuff

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Looks cool.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top