• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Jan Müller-Michaelis, Jan Theysen and Jan Klose banded together to develop a new game .. someone slap me in the face Please!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I found this piece of news without Much Details , its in German Site ..

http://www.adventurecorner.de/news/4725/es-wird-spannend-die-german-all-stars-stellen-ihr-projekt-vor

I translated the paragraph so if anyone has trouble reading it.

The gamescom raises continue their shadows. And what for what: Today we received an invitation to a press conference at the German All Stars will present their new game. No separate message would be worth ansich against the background of countless press conferences during the game fair. But probably the fact that behind the German All Stars put us all well-known people. Among the participants are Daedalic co-founder and game designer Jan Müller-Michaelis (Mass effect‘Deponia’), KING kind co-founder and game designer Jan Theysen (‘Book of Unwritten Tales’) and Deck13 co-founder and game designer Jan Klose (‘Jack Keane’) .

The developers have banded together to ” jointly develop a new game and as the old spirit of the games industry to revive. Simply make good games ” But that’s not all: Once the game is finished, some of the revenue flows to a good cause. More is not yet known, but we are eagerly looking forward to the press conference and answer will inform you as soon as we have more news on the subject.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Jan Müller-Michaelis worked on Mass Effect?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

fov - 21 August 2013 04:42 PM

well who would have thought!

but my mind clicked with your post ,that there is no speculation/confirmation that this band will give an AG at the end! ...
nothing there tells anything!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

As far as I know Poki has never worked on a Mass Effect game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

fov - 21 August 2013 04:42 PM

If so, it must be a well kept secret. The only place on the internet mentioning poki and mass effect in the same sentence seems to be Advie’s post Wink The post he translated from says “Jan Müller-Michaelis (Deponia)”. The game sounds like it could be interesting though, the 3 best German AG developers joining forces. It would be very disappointing if it turns out what they’re working on isn’t an AG.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Deponia is the German word for Mass Effect

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Lucien21 - 21 August 2013 05:39 PM

Deponia is the German word for Mass Effect

Ah, I see Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oooooh i got it for some reason or the other Mass Effect is that translation for Deponia on some internet Pages, Including Wiki.

A Reference
http://translate.google.com.eg/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.polygamia.de/mastermind-jan-muller-michaelis&prev;=/search?q=jan+müller-michaelis+mass+effect&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=544

Edit: Lucien Got it already

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Haha, now that’s funny.

I edited the OP to fix the mistake. Now everyone reading this thread can just ignore posts 1-7. Shifty Eyed

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

fov - 21 August 2013 06:09 PM

Haha, now that’s funny.

I edited the OP to fix the mistake. Now everyone reading this thread can just ignore posts 1-7. Shifty Eyed

heyy you didn’t take my permission!! ... Tongue Tongue

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

This isn’t an adventure game. Or at least, won’t primarily be so. And there will be a Kickstarter at some point before anything happens.

Here’s more:

Behind the gathering stand award-winning studios such as Black Forest Games, Cliffhanger Productions, Daedalic Entertainment, Deck 13, King Art and Virgin Lands. They mutually develop a game – and decided to ignore the usual conventions or even disdainful marketing interests. “Our game is like a music jam session”, explain JAndreas Speer und AdriJan Goersch (Black Forest Games), Jan Wagner (Cliffhanger Productions), Jan “Poki” Müller-Michaelis (Daedalic Entertainment), Jan Klose (Deck 13), Jan Theysen (King Art), Jan Joeckel (Keen Games) und Ralf-Jan Adam (Virgin Lands), the leads of each participating studios and founding fathers of the project.

“Red. Black. Fate” will be the title of the game. Each studio contributes a different gaming experience – as well as a considerable share of the development budget. However, even the sum of all contributions won’t suffice to fund the full project – therefore, a crowdfunding campaing is planned to raise the rest of the needed money.
Whoever backs the crowdfunding will contribute to financing a game which will, over a long period of time, raise money for charity organizations – since all studios agreed to donate a share of all revenues to good cause.

“Red. Black. Fate.” is scheduled to be released by mid 2014. The game will consist of different gameplay experiences, creative and unusual concepts are driving the project idea – following the good old spirit of the games industry: Believe In Games – simply make cool games!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

That’s probably the worst game title I’ve encountered the last five years.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 21 August 2013 08:41 PM

That’s probably the worst game title I’ve encountered the last five years.

For marketing, yes. That was probably the point:

...and decided to ignore the usual conventions or even disdainful marketing interests

We’ll need to play the game to find out whether it’s the worst title to suit the actual game.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

is there ever gonna be a project with Kickstarter campaign.. this is getting really sick!

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Advie - 22 August 2013 05:06 AM

is there ever gonna be a project with Kickstarter campaign.. this is getting really sick!

Fairly sure there has been quite a few with Kickstarters already.  Laughing

Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 22 August 2013 02:24 PM
Advie - 22 August 2013 05:06 AM

Fairly sure there has been quite a few with Kickstarters already.  Laughing

am i getting Punched for my Ingelezy (English Pronounced in Arabic)
you know i mean Without   Meh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top