• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oknytt (8) - Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Doom, DCast, SoccerDude, Colpet, Pegbiter, RTRooney

The Dig (4) - Lady Kestrel, Doom, Diego, Jdawg445
The Shapeshifting Detective (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Luhr28, Intense Degree, SoccerDude

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Do note that I’m still leading The Dig if it wins… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I don’t really mind either, but since Oknytt is leading heftily, I will add my vote to it.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oknytt (8) - Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Doom, DCast, SoccerDude, Colpet, Pegbiter, RTRooney

The Shapeshifting Detective (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Luhr28, Intense Degree

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I feel bad for The Dig now - it even lost its leader. I’ll give my vote to it, but I’m all for the Oknytt playthrough, it won anyway)

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ll be joining in for Oknytt. You can count this as a vote if it matters.

I still haven’t bought The Dig, hopefully there’ll be another sale soon, so I can grab it in case it will win the next vote. I’ve only played it once when I was a kid and I probably didn’t understand most of it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 07 January 2021 03:05 PM

Not sure if we’ve ever run into this situation before. I think TimovieMan’s name still needs to appear on the Dig tally as leader. It’s just that you don’t count that as a vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Oh well, the Shapeshifting Detective would have been a blast as a CPT. Maybe another time. It’s a fun game that would spark some interesting conversation.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oknytt is the winner of CP #64.  Knowing Sefir from past playthroughs, his thread should be up soon.

Oknytt (9) - Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Doom, DCast, SoccerDude, Colpet, Pegbiter, RTRooney, Millenia

RT,
Even if TimovieMan had stayed with The Dig, the score would have been 8 to 5, so it didn’t make any difference.

Adv_Lvr,
Maybe next time. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 09 January 2021 05:36 PM

RT,
Even if TimovieMan had stayed with The Dig, the score would have been 8 to 5, so it didn’t make any difference.

I’m sure it was posted, but I had other things happening, and so was oblivious to today being the end date. My thinking was that somebody might say “Why vote for a game that doesn’t have a leader?” But, as you say, immaterial now.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am so glad that my vote didn’t make a difference in the final total. It appears that the game is only available on Steam, which is my least favorite client game source.

I think there was a policy, way back when, that when a game was nominated, it was nominated with a source. That way if a game was a platformer, and there is nothing wrong with nominating a platformer, we would know if was even possible to play the game, even if we might like to.

That said, OKNYTT has been nominated many times. Just like Lighthouse. And it may have included the source when it was first nominated.

Anyway, Steam is a turnoff to me. Plus, I’m STILL working on the last playthrough game.

Just saying that I think we should re-instate the policy of providing source information for every game nominated. And I am every bit at fault. When I nominated Lighthouse the last and final winning time, I did not say that it was available on GOG. I just assumed everyone knew.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I think there was a policy, way back when, that when a game was nominated, it was nominated with a source. That way if a game was a platformer, and there is nothing wrong with nominating a platformer, we would know if was even possible to play the game, even if we might like to.

There has NEVER been a policy for that, you suggested it way back when and it was shot down. It’s very easy to find a game these days, that’s what goggle is for. Our own website can help with that too.

If you vote for a game, it’s your responsibility to make sure you can actually play it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Adv_Lvr - 09 January 2021 01:36 PM

Oh well, the Shapeshifting Detective would have been a blast as a CPT. Maybe another time. It’s a fun game that would spark some interesting conversation.

Heart

It already had 6 votes and I could join in too so it has a decent chance to win a future vote.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

New playthrough thread is up. Smile

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Time for a new round of voting, right?

I’ll start by nominating ENCODYA.

Image Attachments

8113925A-3F6B-4FC2-BFE7-429FB8B3707F.jpeg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image