• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Post all your YouTube shit here!

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2020-05-27

PM

Best song of the century (electro toorhbrush cover)

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I’m super impressed by this cover of sandstorm actually. 

I found that one of the key differences between myself and an “artist” is how they perceive the world, and this is a perfect example of that.  It sounds like noise, until you play with it a little.  I’ve recently been trying to live more like an artist since staying at home for 3 months has led me to realize that I don’t tend to modify my environment, or make art from things with no utility the way that an artist does.

Thanks for sharing Kirby!  Did you notice that all the comments on this video are mostly about the googly eyes?

considering how dedicated the human brain is to finding, and recognizing faces especially eyes and mouths, I find it kind of funny that so manny people want him to put back the eyes on these…. random objects… imaginary friends?

EDIT:  Shit, speaking of sandstorm, I need to get out my DDR pad!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Very clever stuff!  “We Will Rock You” really made me smile.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

It is fun.

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

My big project is finished, so here is (the first part of) Haydn’s Trumpet Concerto.

This time, I hired a sound engineer to mix my recording. I think it absolutely was worth it. What do you think? Can you tell the difference?

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Kudos, Mr. T.!  Your playing is extra fine, and the mixing is very well balanced.  I also love the touches of humor with your footwear and streamer. I can imagine the time it took to put all 15 “yous” together.  Thanks so much for sharing this here. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I’m glad you noticed the socks. Didn’t know if people would, and you’re the first one who has mentioned it.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Nocturne in C sharp mi. as a Saw/Piano duet

give it a listen please.

I find it hauntingly beautiful the way that a skilled theremin player is.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Beautiful! A different way of playing the saw compared to what I’ve seen before, too. Don’t think I’ve seen that left-hand handle, and also the way she starts the tone quickly and then leaves the bow off the saw. Most saw players I’ve seen have used the bow more like a string player would. As you pointed out, this really brings out the theremin-like qualities of the instrument.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

Yeah so if you don’t have a handle at the business end of the saw, trying to bend the metal without a lever of some sort gets tiring quickly.

I’ve seen that handle referred to as a “cheat” handle, but I couldn’t hold the saw’s S shape without it.

Because the saw’s s has to keep it’s very specific shape for each note that the saw can produce, it’s very easy to get tired and fall out of tune, or be unable to produce clear tone.

I also thought the same thing about…  I want to call them stacatto inputs, but that’s not right.

I’ve only been able to play mine similar to how she does, with a brush of the bow and then lifting it away.

When I tried more sustained bow movement the way you would expect with a string instrument, I can’t get the tone to sustain for longer than a second or so.

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I know it’s silly, but I love to snicker at bad propaganda.

I’ll share some bad propaganda from my country, (both major parties in U.S. are equally guilty)
and I would really love it if you guys would share some bad propaganda from your country for us to snicker at too.

Remember when that “Keep Calm And Carry On” stuff got really meme’d?
I’m not sure why, it wasn’t even that catchy of funny, and to this day I still see
“Keep Calm and ____” bumper stickers.  I could understand if I lived in UK where it seemed to originate, but to think it traveled this far as a meme, and had this kind of staying power!

This is the best I could find, and it’s brand new!

EDIT: to provide context there as been efforts in the U.S. to re-imagine policing institutions due to the large number of preventable civilian deaths at the hands of police for typically non-violent crimes.
Presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden came out immediately in response to his base which some were calling for ‘defunding of police,’ and said that he would not support that.  But this got made anyway.  All good propaganda preys on people’s fear <3 And the short clip at 13 seconds shows protesters policing themselves, actually stopping a person from destroying property and stopping him from escalating the situation.  They couldn’t even get 30 seconds of fear-monger footage OMG.

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

As always, I can’t resist unusual covers:

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS by STEVE´N´SEAGULLS (LIVE)

Thunderstruck by Steve’n'Seagulls (LIVE)

I really like this one. The song translates very well to the medieval instruments, and rather than detracting from them the singer’s relatively thick accent seems to enhance the lyrics… although now I’m left wondering how the song would sound sung fully in Belarusian instead of English?

Metallica - One (medieval cover by Stary Olsa) Легенды.Live

What say y’all?

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

In the non-cover segment of my listening life….

Catchy tune, plus how often do you see someone play a five-string violin or what I’m told is called a “Table Harp”?

Отава Ё - Про Ивана Groove (русское готическое R’N'B) - Otava Yo

How often do you get to see someone twirl a caber (yes, you read that right) in a music video?

Отава Ё – Сумецкая (русские частушки под драку) Otava Yo - russian couplets while fighting

You watch non-mainstream videos, you get non-mainstream recommendations, thus I found this video.  Undeniably cool and a well-deserved punch in the nose to the airline that claimed Scandinavians have no culture, but beyond that the video is worth watching for the comments alone.  My favorite-

“Reads through the comments, I don’t get the hype it can’t be this serious

10 mins later I’m naked in my yard dancing around an open flame preparing to raid my neighbors”

Heilung | LIFA - Krigsgaldr LIVE

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I had heard Steve’n'Seagulls before, and I love it. Thunderstruck in particular is great!

One. I didn’t care for the song, so I looked them up on YouTube to see what else they play. I wouldn’t mind hearing them play and would stop for a while if I found them playing on the street, but they are not really for me.

Про Ивана Groove - Now we’re talking! These people know how to play so that feet start moving. I’ll be returning to this one. Thanks for sharing! And a really like their other video too.

the airline that claimed Scandinavians have no culture

What?! I think I’m going to have to share some Swedish music here. (Later. I’m off to practise on my tuba now.)

That Icelandic thing was interesting. I like it. (And it reminds me of other things I’d like to share with you!)

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

So here’s some traditional Swedish music for you:

Well, this tune is an original, but the genre is traditional, even if the group is a bit modern. This group, Stormsteg, is one of the best things I’ve ever heard live.

Another of my favourite groups, NID. (They don’t play together much anymore, as Hanna, the sax player, has moved to New Zealand.) Just listen to that saxophone! She may have the most beautiful sax sound I’ve heard.

And since we were talking about Iceland… Have you heard Daði Freyr’s Think About Things? It manages to be both fun, groovy and beautiful. (They lyrics were written to his newborn baby.) It was meant to be Iceland’s contribution to the Eurovision Song Contest this year, but that got cancelled due to the pandemic.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top