• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mass effect remake

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I was wondering is anybody else going to get this game, as some of you know I have a serious love-hate relationship with the mass Effect trilogy. But there is a part of me wondering how I will view the game in 2021 with a Fresh coat of paint and all the DLC, is anybody else picking it up and wanting to do a playthrough of all three games?

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’ve already got it preordered. Interested to see just how much work has been put into improving the first game.  Might put off starting it until I’ve finished the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla DLC that’s out this week though.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I still haven’t decided, I absolutely adore the first game, I thought the world building and lore was awesome. I love the characters in the first game, but didn’t really care for either of the sequels, even though I know Mass Effect 2 is usually the most popular one. That’s the one I like the least.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

Mass Effect is one of my all time favorite game series and I for sure would be getting the Remaster at some point. I just don’t know yet if I’ll get it on day one and on which platform because my last playthrough of the whole trilogy is only a couple of years old. But depending on reviews I’m guessing I’ll give in and get it this weekend. I’m excited and curious especially with the first one which is the one getting the more changes and upgrades. And being able to play on PC with a controller! (If I get it for PC, I might get it for PS4 but then I don’t know how much of an upgrade that would be compared to the OG)

On a side note, I would also love to finally do a full Renegade playthrough because the couple of times I tried I always end up being paragon, is like in my nature Tongue

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I thought about getting this for the PS4, but then I remembered it’s mainly shooting, and I *hate* using a controller for that. I’m far too used to keyboard+mouse playing for shooting games, so I’m going to go for PC.

I’ve already done a male paragon and female renegade playthrough. Maybe I should try a neutral playthrough. That should have a lot of things going wrong. Curious to see how that’ll affect the third game…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I think I will eventually get it but there’s another two games I want before then so it will be a later on purchase

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

Is anybody playing now? I’ve seen some bits of gameplay and I think ME 1 definitely looks great and probably plays better as well. I’m really tempted but I haven’t decided yet Meh

I’m going to have some free time in the next 2 weeks so I wanted to play something big but like I mentioned my last playthrough is still pretty fresh in my mind so I don’t know if to get it later and use the time to play something new Like AC Valhalla or RDR 2 which I haven’t played but I’ve been curious for the longest time since it’s been praised so much

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

They really need to release PS5 upgrades to these games. I have however heard these really play well on a PS5 as is. So once I get a PS5 we’ll see then what I get for games and the list is starting to get pretty long.

I have these on the PS3 and on easy mode the shooting parts were quite easy. So overall I give the games an A plus for both play and story.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2021-05-19

PM

First of all - no more preorders. I purchased Fallout 76 and purchased Warcraft III Reforged (Remake).
I didn’t know you could break Warcraft: Oh
First I will wait, I will gladly play.
By the way, it’s sad that we live in a time that in order to play a good game, we have to play games from many years ago Frown

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

It’s not a remake but a remaster.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Gabe - 26 May 2021 08:53 AM

It’s not a remake but a remaster.

True but mass effect 1 is closer to a remake, than a re master

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread