• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleGabeskeeter_93

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #66 – Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

DCast - 11 June 2021 01:25 AM
rtrooney - 10 June 2021 10:23 PM

And how do you check that without buying the game? And then find out it doesn’t work. No sense in belaboring the point.

Read system requirements? That’s generally recommended before purchasing anything.

I said I didn’t want to belabor this point. But if you insist. System requirements means much more than available disk space and all the other usual things that tell you whether a game can be played on your system. It also includes statements such as “This game was designed to play on a PS console, and, while ported to PC, it may not play well.

Congratulations on playing it on PC. I’m sure, as another poster said, with two or more hours of practice the controls will become second nature. Sorry. Don’t have that much time to give. And, as TimovieMan posted, he, as did I, gave up on the game using PC controls.

I think I will watch a YouTube of the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I played it with keyboard and mouse. I never used a controller.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Alright, I officially enjoy this game like I’d enjoy an over-packed with explosions and chases action flick or a really entertaining horror B-movie. All this corny stuff is great, you don’t get to see it much in games today.

Quick note on Tiffany’s apartment chapter – what’s with everyone’s desolate fridges in this game? I’m no stranger to working ridiculous hours and skipping cooking/shopping because of not having time, but I don’t think I’ve had my fridge look like that, well, ever. I guess it’s a thing Lucas and Tiffany had in common.
And the broken window? Totally not suspicious to NYPD Grin

The Asylum chapter is where I decided to just enjoy this ride, because can anyone imagine it being any cheesier? You’ve got your mysterious Hannibal Lector-ish guy with crazy-colored teeth, mad screams from the patients (solid ambience here, though), and very believable actions of a police officer in a situation where they are caught alone in the dark with a bunch of murderous lunatics. That’s Police Academy proudest graduate stuff!

And I think that’s why I quite enjoyed it – it’s all-out madness, with no breaks, and it put a smile on my face more than once. From that point of view – that was a really cool little horror-inspired chapter. I’m sure at this point D. Cage just said – I’m taking all the stops away from this roller-coaster and writing with everything I’ve got stored and unreleased inside. 😊

I also really like how everything/everyone in game reacts to the moves of our protagonists: if Lucas gets on the road – the cars stop and start honking at him until he leaves, if Carla or Tyler walk around police station (or Lucas in his office) – all random NPCs will react. They actually stop what they are doing, look the the MCs and some even say different hello’s – kinda neat.

After playing further and mentioning explosions… I, just like D. Cage, realized there just weren’t enough of them. Is there ever?

What else can be done to take the story to the next level? Gigantic wild animal? Why not? Crazy-looking amusement part? Yes, sure! (A quick flashback to recently played “Strangeland” happened here, as clearly, it’s the invisible Valkyries that were pulling a single car to the top of the ride).
I actually really liked little interaction with a professor. Small scenes like that (like Carla’s meeting with the cop on the range) are pretty nice way to keep game going off the rails (well, to keep it going off too far from the tracks) and make the world more wholesome.

I did much better with the last flashback to childhood sequence than with the one before. It makes sense that it’d be more intense at the military base, I suppose, but that pole climbing moment was something I could have done without quite easily. Now I’m left to only guess what it is he saw there, and by the way – that’s a really bad-ass brotherly move that Markus pulled off, much respect.

We are left on a cliffhanger yet again! I actually didn’t expect the beginning of the chapter to start this way. I stopped before entering the cemetery, but the narration revealed something that I really didn’t want to happen (and since this game is full of crazy plot twists – I’ll hold on to the hope that it isn’t true. It’s good to not remember things, sometimes).

I must remark on fantastic voice-over in this game. It’s really well-done.

Looking forward to finishing this crazy journey!

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Vegetable Party - 09 June 2021 10:54 AM

Did anyone else catch the Bob Marley reference at Tiffany’s?

No one?

I think these pop culture references in the environment (set design, as David would probably call it) are a really nice touch.

I’m ready for some more movie madness. With an immoderate dose of esoteric extravaganza. AKA riding the Cage Train. Next stop: Bellevue Hospital Asylum.

edit: apparently the “patients” are completely feral, with weird haircuts and ass tattoos. Is this a hospital or a torture facility?

@dcast: depictions of food/eating are strange in this game. Near-empty fridges, lots of cans (no openers), the amount of food or drink never decreases on suggested consumption..

Alright, I can’t help myself, here’s a theory. David Cage is a cyborg from the future. To cover this up, he references every movie he knows while consciously avoiding “Terminator”. He’s low-key obsessed with the physiological processes of human beings, but he doesn’t quite grasp how they work. It’s a bit like he’s saying: “Hey, look, fellow human! Eat some foodstuffs! Breathe! Man, using a toilet sure is a staple of the human experience. This is how we operate, am I right?”

I’ll get back to the game now. I have another theory that I’ll wisely keep to myself.

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

DCast - 14 June 2021 05:00 AM

Alright, I officially enjoy this game like I’d enjoy an over-packed with explosions and chases action flick or a really entertaining horror B-movie. All this corny stuff is great, you don’t get to see it much in games today.

The Asylum chapter is where I decided to just enjoy this ride, because can anyone imagine it being any cheesier?

I didn’t remember it being so cheesy, but it sure is.  While revisiting the game for this walkthrough I was surprised by the amount of situations and moments like that in the game, I think a lot of them could have been resolved in a more subtle or natural or other way.

When we visit that character in the asylum, it’s a clear example of that.  The guy is tied to a torture chair with a face that looks like the devil himself has incarnated on his face, seriously they didn’t think of trying to make him a little bit different? If the intention was to scare or disturb the player the way to do it is not to show or present something she/he has seen a thousand times before.
What else do you want? Tattoos? You got it. Sharp teeth like a rabid animal? You got it. Walls written with strange symbols? You got it. Devilish laughter? You got that too.

I’m not saying that every time you write a story or introduce a character you have to be 100% original, no. Because neither is it forcing to be different just for the sake of being different; but it’s about keeping the story genuine and not jumping into the same old clichés.  In this case with this asylum character, instead of being scary he ends up becoming a caricature that provokes nothing at all.

~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I thought I’d share something I found on gamefaqs, credits to whom it may concern. In the introduction of the game it is explained that we must not let the insanity indicator/ mental state, fall to the bottom. But what happens if this occurs? Let’s see:

* Lucas - Asylum

Description:
Lucas is sent to an asylum. Lucas is shown in a dark, brick-walled room,
curled into fetal position with a blank stare on his face.

Dialogue:
Lucas (narrator):
“That’s the end of my story. They say I went completely off the rails, and
that I’m not responsible for my actions. They locked me up in Belvue Asylum
for the rest of my days. I’ll never know what really happaned in the
restaurant, because, in the eyes of the world I’m just a dangerous lunatic.”

* Lucas - Suicide

Description:
Lucas sits in a chair in his apartment, depressed. He then commits suicide by
jumping from his balcony.

Dialogue:

Lucas (narrator):
“That’s the end of my story. I wasn’t able to take the pressure, so I chose
to put a definitive end to all the madness. I’ll never know what happened in
the restaurant, because in the eyes of the world, I’m just a murderer.”

* Lucas - Self-Arrest

Description:
Lucas appears in the police department lobby. Garrett and McCarthy (diner
cop) are there. McCarthy turns around, recognizes Lucas and pulls his gun on
him. Lucas surrenders immediately.

* Carla - Resigns

Description:
Carla leaves a letter of resignation on the captain’s desk, also leaving her
gun and badge behind. The office is empty and she leaves alone.

Dialogue:
Carla (narrator):
“That’s the end of my story. I thought I was tougher than I really was. All
those years in the police, all those murders, all that constant violence,
finally wore me out. I left my resignation in Captain Jones’ office. I went
to California where my dad’s got a house. I don’t know what’s gonna happen,
but the rest of the story is gonna have to do without me.”

* Tyler - Resigns

Description:
Tyler and Samantha get into Tyler’s car and drive away from snowy New York.

Dialogue:
Tyler (narrator):
“That’s the end of my story. I thought I could help to make the world a
better place, but, Samantha was right. Sacrificing my life wasn’t going to
change anything. I went home, told Sam to pack our stuff in a suitcase, and
we took the first plane to Florida. I’ll sell sneakers at her parents’ store,
have kids, be happy. I called Carla to explain things to her. I think she
understood. I don’t know what the future holds, but I’m sure of one thing: I
made the right decision.”

~

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I’m all caught up to the stopping point and looking forwards to going on!

Something about the ledge climbing and “guard” avoidance in the Tiffany’s flat bit puts me in mind of Broken Sword 3 where you’re trying to sneak past the guards and get into that Eastern European castle thing. I don’t mind a little bit of “stealth” and “platforming” sometimes and, QTE controls aside, this section was OK for me.

As has been said by others, plot wise we’ve gone a little all over the shop and I can’t remember for the life of me how the present day, the mayan stuff and the childhood memories all tie together. Either I didn’t finish the game the first time round or I have just 100% forgotten this later stuff. To be honest I’m more interested to see whether they tie together well or not. I hope so, but we shall see. I think that Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 Souls had OK-ish endings (haven’t played Detroit yet) so hoping not to be underwhelmed at the end of Fahrenheit.

I am definitely still enjoying the game and the playthrough though - great to read all the different comments and Tenebra - you continue to do an excellent job in leading it.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Carla has options. That’s nice.

Tyler definitely seems to be onto something when he resigns. I’m not sure if I want to cause his breaking point in order to get him there, but it might serve him well. Away from a life life that’s not really working out for him, into the sneaker game, give him the chance to build a happy home. It might save his life, future sanity or at the very least, his relationship.

DCast - 14 June 2021 05:00 AM

(...) by the way – that’s a really bad-ass brotherly move that Markus pulled off, much respect.

I’m not at that point in the game just yet, but I know he’s going to come through. Markus really is that dude. Team Markus all the way.

Total Posts: 1260

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi! I forgot to say I arrived to the checkpoint. I guess there is only one section left, we’ll see how they unravel the whole thing.

The game is full of clichés, but it manages to create tension (and now that I master the QTE’s it doesn’t bother me much).

The Assylum chapter (aka The Walking Nut) is funny if you don’t take it too serious.

I liked the Museum part, you learn a bit about Mayans and we finally got some information about Indigo, the mysterious girl. Are we supposed to save her?

At the Theme Park, haven’t we seen that beggar before? What is his importance in the story? Poor Tiffany, that wasn’t fair!

The Military Area memento, are we talking about the Hangar 51? Luke definitely found something there. Maybe it has something to do with his Croma?

Well, the moment Tenebra give us the OK I will finish the game, can’t wait!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Intense Degree - 15 June 2021 03:57 AM

I am definitely still enjoying the game and the playthrough though - great to read all the different comments and Tenebra - you continue to do an excellent job in leading it.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.

Vegetable Party - 15 June 2021 08:17 AM

Carla has options. That’s nice.

Tyler definitely seems to be onto something when he resigns. I’m not sure if I want to cause his breaking point in order to get him there, but it might serve him well. Away from a life life that’s not really working out for him, into the sneaker game, give him the chance to build a happy home. It might save his life, future sanity or at the very least, his relationship.

Of all these state-of-mind-driven early endings, Tyler’s seems the most rounded, both Lucas and Carla assume that something was left unfinished for them, but for Tyler it is not so. He moved in another direction, his phrase “Samantha was right. Sacrificing my life wasn’t going to change anything… I don’t know what the future holds, but I’m sure of one thing: I made the right decision.”.. It says it all.

walas74 - 15 June 2021 12:53 PM

At the Theme Park, haven’t we seen that beggar before? What is his importance in the story? Poor Tiffany, that wasn’t fair!

Yes, can you remember where you saw him before? His importance is about to be revealed.

~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Previously on Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy ~

~

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

We have finally reached the end.

The only thing I can say for now is that you can access three possible endings that will depend on our actions in the last chapter, the last fight and how it is resolved.

There’s not much more to say for now, just go and finish the game.

Come back when you’ve finished it and share your thoughts. ~

~

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Tenebra - 15 June 2021 07:25 PM

Yes, can you remember where you saw him before? His importance is about to be revealed.

When visiting Agatha the first time?

Let’s play to the end!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Game Over!

I think I achieve the three different endings.

I will sleep on it before my final thoughts…

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

walas74 - 16 June 2021 01:20 AM
Tenebra - 15 June 2021 07:25 PM

When visiting Agatha the first time?

Let’s play to the end!

Wasn’t he there at the very beginning, by the diner?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top