• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Threads prematurely marking as read

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Noticed this start happening yesterday.

Say I access the forums list and see that there are unread posts in a specific forum, when I click into that forum, all the posts that I haven’t read yet are not shown as such. The unread notifier isn’t there on the relevant threads, nor is the ‘last unread post’ link.

The main forums index doesn’t always show the unread notifier either. I think it’s not showing the indicator at all when the new posts are new threads without any replies.

This is making it somewhat tricky to track what I’ve seen and what I haven’t.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Hmmm ok, let me look into this. I didn’t really change anything specifically in the forums for a while now, but perhaps a CSS style I updated somehow is making unread messages appear as normal.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This is happening to me as well.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

OK, I’ve dug deep and _think_ I’ve fixed this. In some tests I did locally it looks good but please do let me know.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s working for me now, too.  Thank you, Mr. Fixit! Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Looking better, although having come in here to post this reply, that may have caused the issue to trigger again.

I’ll monitor some more and update.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition

Total Posts: 291

Joined 2018-01-11

PM

I was noticing having the same issue, and then for a while I wasn’t having this issue, and now It’s back again.

I thought maybe I pressed a wrong button or something.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I do notice it’s not consistently resolved yet. I’ll continue looking into this. I have a sense that there’s a bug that marks things read if someone else reads it for you.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

So I’m getting closer to the bug, if you view a forum it’ll mark the threads ‘read’ as well on second view. It should obviously only do this if you view the actual thread. Trying to figure out why it suddenly has this behavior so I can fix it.

Edit: So in my latest tests everything seems to behave normally again, please let me know if it does for you as well!

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Seems okay now, yes.  Thumbs Up

If you did fancy digging a bit more, pinned threads have never shown an unread notification icon when there are new posts. I don’t know if that could be improved.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Dale - 11 June 2020 08:23 AM

Seems okay now, yes.  Thumbs Up

If you did fancy digging a bit more, pinned threads have never shown an unread notification icon when there are new posts. I don’t know if that could be improved.

Ah. Interesting, let me look at that.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Implemented this now :-)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top