• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Shenmue III

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Very nice result. Hopefully they can get a little more in outside funding and make something really good. I’m definitely looking forward to it. Shenmue II is one of my best gaming memories.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Frogacuda - 18 July 2015 11:11 PM

Very nice result. Hopefully they can get a little more in outside funding and make something really good. I’m definitely looking forward to it. Shenmue II is one of my best gaming memories.

Supposedly Sony is going to either contribute the necessary funding.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I forgot about this (occasionally quarrelsome) thread! I thought I’d resurrect it to find out other people’s views on the ongoing development of the game.

One of the newer videos is looking better than the early prototypes, even if the characters sometimes have that unsettling ‘glazed eyes’ look. I guess Shenmue III probably won’t look as visually astounding as the first two games did in their time, but I’m ‘in this’ more for a good story and an involving atmosphere than superficial AAA polish. Like so many of us, I’m still invested in the tale and would like to see it through to its intended conclusion!

Thankfully, the updated models for Ryo, as seen in a recent update, look more consistent with his appearance in the first two games.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

I just noticed that the development has exceeded its original release target of December 2017. Probably unsurprising given Suzuki’s continuing aspirations for the series.

He reflected on the development in an interview at the end of last year, in which he acknowledged that the graphics don’t compare to a AAA game, but have surpassed his initial expectations (after they began working with Unreal Engine 4). He says that he’s finally happy with the models (which are, as I said, looking a lot better than they did a couple of years ago), and that the next stage is to improve the facial expressions and character animations…

Maybe I’m quick to judge the work-in-progress videos. Hopefully it will look pretty good by the time it’s done!

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Loook like continues from exactly where it’s left.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top