• News
  • Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Signatures

Total Posts: 5347

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Can someone please tell me why I can’t remove my sig? I can edit it but not remove it.

Respect your elders OR Respect them some other time  Jenny LeClue

Total Posts: 321

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

That’s a good question. I don’t recall if that’s ever been possible - I’ve never tried to remove mine - but it certainly doesn’t seem to work now.

I can’t completely remove your sig either.

Now Playing: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Death Stranding, The Sinking City, Man of Medan, Final Fantasy 7
Recently Completed: The Outer Worlds, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, Eastshade
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2, The Last of Us Part 2
Backing: Asylum, Psychonauts 2

Total Posts: 7615

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Did those last updates (that also caused the signatures to display \n instead of line-breaks) have anything to do with it perhaps?

Now playing: Blade Runner (post-CPT) | The Witcher: Enhance Edition (on hold) | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (on hold) | Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS)
Recently finished: Whispers of a Machine (CPT) - 4/5 | Beneath a Steel Sky (CPT) - 3/5 | 3 in Three - 3.5/5 | Puzzle Gallery: At the Carnival - 2.5/5 | The Fool’s Errand (replay) - 3.5/5 | The Dig (replay) - 4.5/5 | Return of the Obra Dinn (CPT) - 4/5 | Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity - 3.5/5 | League of Light: The Game (CCPT) - 3/5 | realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - 2.5/5 | Contradiction - 3/5 | Tex Murphy: Mean Streets - 2/5 | The Last Express - 3.5/5 | South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 4/5 | Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (replay, CPT) - 5/5

Total Posts: 5347

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It used to be possible, yes. Sometimes I have a sig and sometimes I don’t.

EDIT: See line breaks and apostrophe in my newly edited sig.

Respect your elders OR Respect them some other time  Jenny LeClue

Total Posts: 3764

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I am getting \ before the apostrophe in my signature as well.

Think like a proton.  Stay positive.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 01 February 2015 04:18 PM

I am getting \ before the apostrophe in my signature as well.

Fixed that for you.

Now playing: Blade Runner (post-CPT) | The Witcher: Enhance Edition (on hold) | Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (on hold) | Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (3DS)
Recently finished: Whispers of a Machine (CPT) - 4/5 | Beneath a Steel Sky (CPT) - 3/5 | 3 in Three - 3.5/5 | Puzzle Gallery: At the Carnival - 2.5/5 | The Fool’s Errand (replay) - 3.5/5 | The Dig (replay) - 4.5/5 | Return of the Obra Dinn (CPT) - 4/5 | Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity - 3.5/5 | League of Light: The Game (CCPT) - 3/5 | realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - 2.5/5 | Contradiction - 3/5 | Tex Murphy: Mean Streets - 2/5 | The Last Express - 3.5/5 | South Park: The Fractured But Whole - 4/5 | Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (replay, CPT) - 5/5

Total Posts: 3764

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you, TimModman!  Thumbs Up

Think like a proton.  Stay positive.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

*bump*

I’m bumping this thread because I’ve been asked this several times already, and there IS a workaround:

If you use an ‘enter’ (for a line-break) or if you type an apostrophe (’) when updating your signature, it’ll get displayed wrongly in the forums.

An enter will appear as ‘\n’ (without going to a new line), and an apostrophe will have several backslashes in front of it.

The workaround is using HTML-code for these. Instead of entering for a linebreak, you can use < br > (without the spaces), and instead of an apostrophe, you can use &# 39 (without the space).
This’ll make your signature display correctly again.

Total Posts: 2573

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 10 March 2016 06:47 AM

instead of an apostrophe, you can use &# 39 (without the space).

Or you can just copy and paste a curly apostrophe from a post (or Word, or wherever). As long as it’s not a straight apostrophe, it works.

Currently playing:
Recently finished: Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse (R) (4/5) | Detective Di (3.5/5) | Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (R) (4.5/5) | Heaven’s Vault (3/5) | Ace Attorney: Justice For All (R) (3.5/5) | Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (R) (4.5/5) | Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space (R) (4.5/5) | The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker (abandoned) (2/5) | Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (3.5/5) | The Sexy Brutale (R) (4/5)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!