• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophyceanchrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Favorite TV shows

Poll: Most Overhyped
Total Votes: 42
Breaking Bad
Game of Thrones
Walking Dead
Mad Men

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

First 2 eps of Twinpeaks S3 are free on Showtime youtube channel

Stay and enjoy madness

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Anyone have seen Madoka Magica?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Watched “13 Reasons Why” on Netflix. Very solid series. Starts great, has a minor lull in episodes 4 and 5 (because finish the damn tapes already!), but then keeps getting better and better.

Close to finishing “Freaks and Geeks” as well. Superb stuff. Also keeps getting better and better. Nailed the early 80s perfectly.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Diversity marketing hook in another of my fav series after games

Mahershala Ali is rumored to star in ‘True Detective’ season 3
Well i wish it was Elba

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Castlevania preview

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 09 June 2017 03:34 PM

Watched “13 Reasons Why” on Netflix. Very solid series. Starts great, has a minor lull in episodes 4 and 5 (because finish the damn tapes already!), but then keeps getting better and better.

Close to finishing “Freaks and Geeks” as well. Superb stuff. Also keeps getting better and better. Nailed the early 80s perfectly.

Freaks and Geeks is awesome. It was the springboard for the career of many folks on that show like Seth Rogan, James Franco and Jason Segel. Too bad it was cut short.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

SoccerDude28 - 04 July 2017 01:54 PM

Freaks and Geeks is awesome. It was the springboard for the career of many folks on that show like Seth Rogan, James Franco and Jason Segel. Too bad it was cut short.

Freaks and Geeks and Firefly. What could have been…

Other news:
Netflix producing a Assassins Creed animated series after Castlevania! Nice

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Castlevania

Amazing amazing job, best video gaming justice except some bad animations
4 eps were quite low but i hope response spawns more seasons

VoiceActing, Story, costumes, characters ...totally nailed it
Bad ass fights and fleshing out lore for total fanservice and no cliches

9/10

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 05 July 2017 09:01 AM

............ and Firefly. What could have been…

wilco, did you watch the film Serenity which concludes the series?

Sometimes a series is flogged to death but it would be nice to have just a little more of Firefly after the events in Serenity.  Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 07 July 2017 09:20 AM

Castlevania

Amazing amazing job, best video gaming justice except some bad animations
4 eps were quite low but i hope response spawns more seasons

VoiceActing, Story, costumes, characters ...totally nailed it
Bad ass fights and fleshing out lore for total fanservice and no cliches

9/10

Didn’t know it was out already, going to check it. Already renewed for a second season

chrissie - 07 July 2017 10:17 AM

............ and Firefly. What could have been…

wilco, did you watch the film Serenity which concludes the series?

Sometimes a series is flogged to death but it would be nice to have just a little more of Firefly after the events in Serenity.  Smile

Saw it and it was nice to see more of the universe but I think it was too rushed, would also prefered to see more events slowly roll out in the series.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

SoccerDude28 - 04 July 2017 01:54 PM

Freaks and Geeks and Firefly. What could have been…

Well, we saw what “could have been” in 13 episodes with Firefly. A not very interesting sci-fi series devoid of ideas beyond the ‘wild west in space’ concept, with characters who all talk and act alike. The movie was okay, I suppose.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, we saw what “could have been” in 13 episodes with Firefly. A not very interesting sci-fi series devoid of ideas beyond the ‘wild west in space’ concept, with characters who all talk and act alike.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

BitingWit - 07 July 2017 10:17 PM

Well, we saw what “could have been” in 13 episodes with Firefly. A not very interesting sci-fi series devoid of ideas beyond the ‘wild west in space’ concept, with characters who all talk and act alike. The movie was okay, I suppose.

When a friend lent me the boxed set years ago & told me it was ‘wild west in space’ I wasn’t really interested but out of politeness watched the 1st pilot episode - & from then on was completely hooked to the point of buying my own boxed set.
I don’t need to guess that the concept is not to everyone’s taste but I have to disagree with you about the characters as if it wasn’t for the perfect casting (in my mind) resulting in a very engaging mix of personalities I doubt whether the series would have worked as some of the stories were so-so but fitted into (& were interesting to me) believable worlds within context brought to life with believable personalities. Yes, the theme seemed to be ‘wild west in space’ & why not?        Smile

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

chrissie - 08 July 2017 02:57 PM
BitingWit - 07 July 2017 10:17 PM

When a friend lent me the boxed set years ago & told me it was ‘wild west in space’ I wasn’t really interested but out of politeness watched the 1st pilot episode - & from then on was completely hooked to the point of buying my own boxed set.
I don’t need to guess that the concept is not to everyone’s taste but I have to disagree with you about the characters as if it wasn’t for the perfect casting (in my mind) resulting in a very engaging mix of personalities I doubt whether the series would have worked as some of the stories were so-so but fitted into (& were interesting to me) believable worlds within context brought to life with believable personalities. Yes, the theme seemed to be ‘wild west in space’ & why not?        Smile

For me it wasn’t so much the casting but the writing. Everyone seemed to talk in the same way, with the same attitude. Personalities didn’t stand out. Everyone was American. The universe is a huge place and to have everyone be the same, well that’s boring for me.

I suppose I’m more of a “hard” science fiction fan, although I love westerns. I like the big ideas in SF, ideas about the future, what life will be like, how technology could change us. and Firefly didn’t seem to have much of that.

As far as discontinued series go, I would much rather have seen Crusade continue beyond the half season that it did.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top