• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How opening comments for the games reviews is far too beneficial to the site and ..

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

.. to the members too, as much!!

Since Calimonk been the new owner i wanted to bring in this subject.
... and as my idea long i will put them into points.

1.we ‘ve noticed that a big number of Members who post their comments on reviews are more linked to the majority of the members of the site, which i would like to call the silent member or the Laidback; who we sometimes would forget that they are players too.

The 40-50 active mostly making the noise all the time on the forums could give the impression that they are the ones who are the greatest players on the site( which is 100% far from truth) being a Player* and having social intelligence are too far things from each other, so the point this comment might be the ONLY breath outlet those laid-back members would come forward at; that said mean more interaction.

2.the site about as Jackal said several times in different occasions, that rules n actions taking at the site are not in favor of those 40-50 active members but for all 2000. which i believe the site backdoor tools can see easily their interactions, so that approve the first point, the laid-back members also need a breath-outlet and
the easist thing is to comment on games they play but no getting in sophisticated forums topics games this forum give, they are more practical just want to say something about a game they had finished and that is 100% is their right plus they are the majority!

3.The idea of counting on every new adventure to have a thread for giving a place about its discussions needed is way not fun, what a game with only one point of view for it (the reviewer) and threads if happen (as not every adventure gets a thread) they the only 40-50 member, 100% goes off topic at least for a couple of posts, and maybe start talking about this and that that no one knows what the hell they are but them both.
WE ALL KNOW the 2nd best way to know about the worthiness after reading its review is to read plays/members opinions too, but not to do so they need to go thru 5 pages with 40 posts to get one if they are lucky making sense opinion.

4. about the last point I am good an observer of the site activity and even statistics kinda, I can tell (i Swear!) that the site interaction from members active or not had dropped to around 30-40%  of what it used to be before this rules taken place.

5.if we look at any site beneficial aspects to owners by always having many people interaction/visits/clicks on/to it to put/push it over on top of the other sites in searches! and therefore to get as much adventuring space on the site…

it known it works best when ppl find the review or anything that is connected to the genre they want thru this almost this site!. and the optimum goal is not just ro see
it at the first page of (i.e) google searches but the first result, like for example
[a bit of topic you can bypass] i witnessed for 2 years my thread AG OST jumps 400-500 views a days when i was constant on posting a new track/posts each one, and since this thing is my work now since i left music, i knew that at least 60% if those views came from the very imporatant Keyword ((i didnt know about it at the time for adventure games whom always thrive in this deacde espcially) to listen to the
games they played soundtracks again))  at google for those adventure players and AG & OST areof the first keyword they use when thinking of the search they are about to make!

that all that shows that we are actually backing-off a big number of the site’s power when is the majority of members who are always laid back and does not interact, and its not only about interacting the game reviews comment but its just window brings into more interaction.

and while i see many new admins joined the club the last year maybe they could who do this dirty work of reviewing/approving the comments instead of Jackal Smile Smile  Heart

P.S [A BIG SORRY IF I AM ACTUALLY INTERFERING IN OR AT THE SITE ADMINS BUSINESS]

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Advie - 24 January 2018 03:01 PM

1.we ‘ve noticed that a big number of Members who post their comments on reviews are more linked to the majority of the members of the site, which i would like to call the silent member or the Laidback; who we sometimes would forget that they are players too.

The 40-50 active mostly making the noise all the time on the forums could give the impression that they are the ones who are the greatest players on the site( which is 100% far from truth) being a Player* and having social intelligence are too far things from each other, so the point this comment might be the ONLY breath outlet those laid-back members would come forward at; that said mean more interaction.

2.the site about as Jackal said several times in different occasions, that rules n actions taking at the site are not in favor of those 40-50 active members but for all 2000. which i believe the site backdoor tools can see easily their interactions, so that approve the first point, the laid-back members also need a breath-outlet and
the easist thing is to comment on games they play but no getting in sophisticated forums topics games this forum give, they are more practical just want to say something about a game they had finished and that is 100% is their right plus they are the majority!

3.The idea of counting on every new adventure to have a thread for giving a place about its discussions needed is way not fun, what a game with only one point of view for it (the reviewer) and threads if happen (as not every adventure gets a thread) they the only 40-50 member, 100% goes off topic at least for a couple of posts, and maybe start talking about this and that that no one knows what the hell they are but them both.
WE ALL KNOW the 2nd best way to know about the worthiness after reading its review is to read plays/members opinions too, but not to do so they need to go thru 5 pages with 40 posts to get one if they are lucky making sense opinion.

4. about the last point I am good an observer of the site activity and even statistics kinda, I can tell (i Swear!) that the site interaction from members active or not had dropped to around 30-40%  of what it used to be before this rules taken place.

5.if we look at any site beneficial aspects to owners by always having many people interaction/visits/clicks on/to it to put/push it over on top of the other sites in searches! and therefore to get as much adventuring space on the site…

it known it works best when ppl find the review or anything that is connected to the genre they want thru this almost this site!. and the optimum goal is not just ro see
it at the first page of (i.e) google searches but the first result, like for example
[a bit of topic you can bypass] i witnessed for 2 years my thread AG OST jumps 400-500 views a days when i was constant on posting a new track/posts each one, and since this thing is my work now since i left music, i knew that at least 60% if those views came from the very imporatant Keyword ((i didnt know about it at the time for adventure games whom always thrive in this deacde espcially) to listen to the
games they played soundtracks again))  at google for those adventure players and AG & OST areof the first keyword they use when thinking of the search they are about to make!

that all that shows that we are actually backing-off a big number of the site’s power when is the majority of members who are always laid back and does not interact, and its not only about interacting the game reviews comment but its just window brings into more interaction.

and while i see many new admins joined the club the last year maybe they could who do this dirty work of reviewing/approving the comments instead of Jackal Smile Smile  Heart

P.S [A BIG SORRY IF I AM ACTUALLY INTERFERING IN OR AT THE SITE ADMINS BUSINESS]

So you’re essentially asking for comments to be enabled on reviews, correct?

I’d be interested to know what you think of the new design that went live last week, in which we give much more visibility to the reviews of the readers/player (read: you!) so that our visitors can also read those, see this recent one for an example (scroll down):

https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/34268
https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/33639

Or even a much older one:
https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18445

It currently lists at least 3 (if there are any!), and obviously, I could change the format a bit if that makes any sense. Personally I’m not against comments, the opposite actually, I believe that with reviews it makes most sense to do comments on them in a more structured way and give our readers more of a stage to provide their view on the actual game.

This is seen in the more prominent way of displaying the ‘readers rating’, asking you for your ‘star rating’ and giving more visbility on providing a review.

All other types of articles have actually allowed comments for a while (we never really announced it though), but only reviews at the moment have a different format in which we promote readers to provide their own review and give the stage for that as opposed to comments.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

CaliMonk - 24 January 2018 03:24 PM
Advie - 24 January 2018 03:01 PM

So you’re essentially asking for comments to be enabled on reviews, correct?

I’d be interested to know what you think of the new design that went live last week, in which we give much more visibility to the reviews of the readers/player (read: you!) so that our visitors can also read those, see this recent one for an example (scroll down):

Yes!

and for the new design that went live last week, i didnt even know about.

but if you are talking live which is AMAZING interaction, what about Twitching the site. a twitch channel for the site with members assigned to it and play their games live online with no need for their face to appear if they didn’t want to is fabulous.

I know not everyone has the preparation tools (which are not expensive) to podcast… but it could be a project, and take its cycle and if its announced, you certainly can find 3-4 that are interested and have all the tools and the experience in twitching their playings live. and btw, 3-4 players Twitching 2-4 hours a day 4 days a week on specific time is the deal, twitch and play online while ppl watch, making comments (interactions) and if they are more advanced and have mics they could have the fun of world.  its the future of gaming, nobody will play alone in 2 years or so, people of the same interest will be there having with the player giving him hints or ideas. imagine the Sierra playthroughs that Wilco made, and me, others are watching/interacting with him while play.

the point is starting by making a twitch account, aah I never twitched myself before LOL, but I was very interested in the subject were I got all these info, anyway, to have an account there are two providers, one free and another with money I don’t remember more, but you can look it up and check the free one and have a channel for site there for the time being, maybe this one will charge pl later. lol

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

All other types of articles have actually allowed comments for a while (we never really announced it though), but only reviews at the moment have a different format in which we promote readers to provide their own review and give the stage for that as opposed to comments.

That approach makes sense to me! Staff reviews are followed by reader reviews. Other articles are followed by reader comments.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/34268
https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/33639

Or even a much older one:
https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18445

sorry, my language barrier again makes me but stupid. i like it much better than before now the design i speak of , as for the reader’s review which should ve been their ages before!!, but great to have it back. but if i may have a suggestion which btw not new, and encourages members to write their own reviews (that suggestion was already available at some point at the main page and Marek Decided to remove…  never knew why) is to have a small section at bottom (which supposedly the right bottom section i which is already free!! like its crying for IT!!! at the main page! of this new member’s reviews added announcing idea i talking of)

sorry CaliMonk, and THANKS FOR you patience when my answer was nothing even by any mean s close to what you asked,  LOL (at myself,HARD) but just its the word ‘went live’ is new to me to be used that way Laughing  Wink

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

No worries, I understood what you meant. As for Twitch, I do like the idea and I’m thinking of a possible video angle. Not sure yet what to do, but certainly on our mind.

Once I re-do the main-page, we’ll certainly look into a way to perhaps get more attention to user reviews, not sure yet as I said, but as you can tell by the new design we’re certainly looking at ways to ensure user reviews get attention as well.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top