• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Here? Introduce Yourself

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

Hi, Lucien!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hey Draclvr!!! Now there’s a familiar name! Wink Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-03-09

PM

Guess I’ve been around for a looooong time!  Still using the “tomato dracula” avatar that someone who went by Caidi found for me about 14 years ago!

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2015-08-27

PM

Hello! I’m Sara. I just got really into adventure games in the past few months so I’ve only played a few so far. I’m working on I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream right now, and I finished Dark Fall 1 & 2 before that. Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hi, Sara. Welcome to the forums, and welcome to the genre. Those are some pretty dark games to start with, is that your thing?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2015-08-27

PM

TimovieMan - 28 August 2015 06:50 AM

Hi, Sara. Welcome to the forums, and welcome to the genre. Those are some pretty dark games to start with, is that your thing?

HAHA yes. It didn’t even occur to me that playing all these dark games might be odd. I’ve always been a huge horror fan in all mediums. The more unsettling it is, the better. What about you? Are you into darker games?

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-09-02

PM

Hi, everybody!  I’m new here, but to tell you the truth, I think I might have had a login from waaaay back, and just forgot…I’ve been at this a long, LONG time (read: I am old). LOL

Adventure games were my first love when I started playing games back in the early 90’s, and I have a very big collection. I love to pull them out and play them now and again. The latest one I played again was Scratches, but I’d love to play the first Syberia again one of these days quite soon.

To tell the truth, I have been looking for a forum to call home since I stopped hanging out at the Bioware forums, and since I have a deep and abiding love for adventures of all kinds, I figured I’d come back here.  I’m VERY out of the loop as to what’s coming up, but I really look forward to reading up on what I’ve missed!  Smile

Reality is overrated.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

oosaji - 28 August 2015 07:30 PM

What about you? Are you into darker games?

Sure. Though I’m into lighter games as well. Whatever works best. Smile
I do appreciate a dark streak very much in ANY form of media, though.

Do you like sci-fi horror too? Because in that case, Stasis has just been released. Cool

tmangrove - 02 September 2015 09:37 PM

I’m VERY out of the loop as to what’s coming up, but I really look forward to reading up on what I’ve missed!  Smile

Welcome! Don’t worry, most of us here started our AG careers back in the 90s, and there’s even quite a few forum members whose AG-love goes back to the early 80s.
How long have you been out of the loop? You could be playing catch-up with very high-quality games for years… Wink
I know this from experience… Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-09-02

PM

How long have you been out of the loop? You could be playing catch-up with very high-quality games for years… Wink
I know this from experience… Shifty Eyed

Oh, quite some time…I used to be a regular on comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure back in the late 90’s, and since the early 2000’s, the only things I knew about were those I ran into in Electronics Boutique or elsewhere.  I am always interested in new adventures, or those I’ve missed!  If anyone has any recommendations for me, I’m all ears!  Smile

Thanks for the welcome, and good to hear that I may have some new adventures in store for me (well, new to me, anyway!).

Reality is overrated.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tmangrove - 04 September 2015 11:58 PM

I am always interested in new adventures, or those I’ve missed!  If anyone has any recommendations for me, I’m all ears!  Smile

This is a good place to start… Wink

Total Posts: 135

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Hello,

eddy is the name and i’m from Belgium.
Besides adventure games i am also a cycling enthusiast and a comic geek.
I’m not really a social media person (i’m not even on Facebook) but this forum seems like a good place to be.

As far as my gaming history goes: i bought my first game in 1997, it was the monkey Island bounty pack (the first 3 games)and i was immediately hooked in the genre.
Currently i’m playing still life 2 and replaying lost horizon (to get me in the mood for lost horizon 2)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Yay, another Belgian! Cool

What kind of comics? American, Japanese, Franco-Belgian?
Who needs Facebook anyway? Tongue

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

half Franco-Belgian and half American, manga isn’t my thing.
Franco-Belgian: a mix of Dupuis, L, Daedalus, Lombard and others
American: mostly DC but also image, dark horse, zenescope and some others.
And ofcourse the syndicated comic strips such as Dilbert, Pearls before swine,...

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

eddyc - 03 October 2015 06:32 PM

Franco-Belgian: a mix of Dupuis, L, Daedalus, Lombard and others

Any particular favourites?

And ofcourse the syndicated comic strips such as Dilbert, Pearls before swine,...

I approve! Thumbs Up (for obvious reasons Tongue)

Joined 2015-10-03

PM

Everything by Arleston: Lanfeust, Trolls, Ythaq,...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top