• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanchrissieKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Spoiler tag temporarily not working [it’s back now]

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Hi guys. We just updated to a new version of our back-end system and it has broken the spoiler tag. If you are scared of spoilers you might want to look away from the forums for a bit. Working to put this back…

Sorry about this! Looks like everything else went fine with the upgrade, but let us know if you see anything weird.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The links to the other pages of a thread (at the bottom) are not broken, but the lay-out has changed and the font is smaller now.
The page counter at the same spot IS broken, though. This page shows “0 of {total_pages} Pages”, for instance.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

TimovieMan - 11 November 2014 06:18 PM

This page shows “0 of {total_pages} Pages”, for instance.

In a similar spot, if you look at the current new or today’s active posts, {pagination_links} is in place of actual pagination.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Spoiler tag is back now.

Thanks for pointing out those template errors, I’ll get on those next.

Retired AG founder

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Just noticed that signatures are also broken. An end of line is replaced with ‘\n’ and most apostrophes have a backslash in front of them as well.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oh, btw, my signature only became messed up AFTER I’d updated it, so it could be that the problem lies in the update form (and its communication with the DB) and not in the signature display.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m also no longer receiving any email notifications when I get a PM (despite this being enabled in the options)...

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

While the spoiler tags are back, they don’t seem to work the same as before. It used to be that on a mobile touchscreen a reader could touch the opaque highlighting that conceals the text and then the hidden text underneath would become visible. That doesn’t seem to work anymore, at least not for me.

Since there’s no touchscreen equivalent to hovering your mouse cursor over a spoiler to reveal the text (as a reader on PC might do), I’m not sure if there’s any way to read spoilers on a touchscreen now. Is there, and if so, how? Thanks.

(If you think this is a hardware- or browser-specific issue, I’m using Safari on an iPhone 5C at the moment.)

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

That is odd as the HTML we use for the spoiler tag is identical as before. Tapping it should reveal. Is anyone else having this issue?

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Yes, also for me, text within spoiler tags donot work on mobile device, in my case both iPad and iPhone.
Tapping and/or holding donot seem to work. I don’t remember if it did work before though .

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Hmmm, I think I know what this is. How about now?

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Let me see… yes! I tried it on the spoiler here and tapping to reveal text works again for me on my iPhone. Thanks!

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Yes, it works for me also. Great, thanks again.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Email notifications seem to work as well.

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Glad to hear! Still working on the other bugs

Retired AG founder

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top