• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

TimovieMan is in the well!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

When will you get out of the well again?

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

PMed you hard questions.
Some personal so not posting here. Wink

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

nomadsoul - 03 November 2014 02:14 PM

PMed you hard questions.

But will we see the answer? And if now, will you get one? Wink

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

nickherc - 03 November 2014 12:09 PM

What’s your top 5 tv series of all time?

In no particular order:

- Firefly (yes, I’m a Browncoat)
- Six Feet Under (Best. Ending. Ever!)
- Battlestar Galactica (the re-imagined series, of course)
- Fawlty Towers (Don’t mention the war!)
- Buiten de Zone (the funniest Belgian series ever!)

SoccerDude28 - 03 November 2014 12:35 PM

If you were stranded on an island, what are 3 things you would like to have?

Comfort items, or basic survival items?

If comfort items: electricity, my laptop, the internet. Grin
If basic survival items: a military-grade KA-BAR knife, a large piece of flint, a large pack of clear plastic bags (to catch rain water with and to use in makeshift solar stills)

What are some of your favorite foods?

Sadly, I mainly love unhealthy food. Tongue
I really like French Belgian fries and steak (very rare), Italian food (pizza, especially spicy ones with lots of meat, lasagna, and spaghetti with my own homemade spaghetti sauce), Asian food (spicy wok, teppanyaki), Northern African food (mainly tajine - no lamb, though), etc.
I’m also addicted to paprika-flavoured potato chips as a snack.

My absolute favourite food is a local dish called “stovers” (or “stampers”, or “kadul” or “kok” or “tetjespap” depending on the specific town you’re in Tongue). It’s basically mashed potatoes made with buttermilk instead of regular milk (you also use more of it so it’s almost liquid) - best served with chipolata sausages or fried eggs. Delicious!

Cake or Pie?

Can’t I have both? Innocent
If I have to choose, I’ll pick pie.
The cake is a lie.

What are your 5 favorite video games of all time?

The Curse of Monkey Island, Championship Manager 01/02, Civilization IV, Mass Effect 2, Tennis Elbow 2011/13

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

I have absolutely no idea how much wood a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. Meh

tsa - 03 November 2014 01:20 PM

When will you get out of the well again?

Normally I won’t. These things rely on a natural death and disappearance into the depths of the forum abyss.
On a thread resurrection, I get to consider continuing or stopping, I suppose.

nomadsoul - 03 November 2014 02:14 PM

PMed you hard questions.

Kind of against the principle of this thread. Do you mind if I post them here anyway?

tsa - 03 November 2014 02:33 PM

But will we see the answer? And if now, will you get one? Wink

He will definitely get his answer, and if he approves of me posting it here, you’ll get to see it too. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

TimovieMan - 03 November 2014 05:57 PM
SoccerDude28 - 03 November 2014 12:35 PM

If you were stranded on an island, what are 3 things you would like to have?

Comfort items, or basic survival items?

If comfort items: electricity, my laptop, the internet. Grin
If basic survival items: a military-grade KA-BAR knife, a large piece of flint, a large pack of clear plastic bags (to catch rain water with and to use in makeshift solar stills)

I hardly ever check this part of the forums but I’m glad I did today. This awesome answer brought a smile to my face. Laughing

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Post them here, no issues, BUT try to think and put yourself in those scenarios.

Most of them are hypothetical situations but you have to FEEEEELLLL. Wink

On paper they look easy like any survey, but in actual life when emotion kicks in, its
a different story.

Basically to see your priorities, loyalty and judgement.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

- Six Feet Under (Best. Ending. Ever!)

I agree, one of the best shows ever made, funny too. Best Michael C. Hall role, forget Dexter. You have a good tastep.  Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Caliburn - 03 November 2014 11:05 PM

I hardly ever check this part of the forums but I’m glad I did today. This awesome answer brought a smile to my face. Laughing

Glad to be of service. Wink

What was so funny, though?

nomadsoul - 03 November 2014 11:59 PM

Post them here, no issues, BUT try to think and put yourself in those scenarios.

Most of them are hypothetical situations but you have to FEEEEELLLL. Wink

On paper they look easy like any survey, but in actual life when emotion kicks in, its
a different story.

Basically to see your priorities, loyalty and judgement.

Well, here goes:

1. How many crushes you had in childhood, one story please??

As a teenager: 3. None of them went anywhere. The first because 12 years is simply too young for it to be serious, the second because I got friend-zoned, and the third because… no idea, really, as that one was apparently mutual. Bad luck?
Afterwards: only once. I married her. Grin

2. How many times you lost virginity before marriage??

Ummm… once!? You can only lose it once, you know… Wink
I figure you were referring to sex in general and not losing one’s virginity, but did you mean “how many people” or “how many times”?
If “how many people”, the answer is ‘one’. I married her. Grin
If “how many times”, then I don’t know. I didn’t keep count. We were a couple for 7 years before getting married, so LOTS of times…

3. Ever had affair after marriage??

Nope. Not before either. Sorry to disappoint. Wink

4. If you find someone really attractive, like to the max, after marriage, one that makes your life miserable not having her??
Someone on your mind 24/7
Will you cheat on your partner???

I would not cheat on my partner. In fact, I’d tell her about the situation so we could get through it together. I’m not risking my marriage (or losing my kids!) for a fling that could very well only last for a couple of weeks.
I don’t even think I’d be able to live with the guilt should I cheat on the missus, so no, I wouldn’t do it…

5. Your religion ???? or your belief system??

I’m an agnostic atheist. I don’t believe in God, a god, or gods, but I can’t know for sure that they don’t exist either…
I was brought up as a (non-practicing) Roman Catholic, though, like most people in Belgium. At least until I was old enough to make up my own mind about it…

6. Have your belief ever helped to fix your moral system?

Not really. Most of the religious don’ts are really common sense anyway. Anyone with even a smidge of empathy should know they shouldn’t kill or steal or whatnot.
Also, there was imo nothing wrong with my moral system, so it didn’t need fixing. Wink

7. Whats your moral yardstick??

Common sense? Wanting equality as much as possible? To uphold everyone’s right to self-determination? To simply do things that are for the better instead of things that are harmful?
I don’t think you can actually pinpoint and describe it. Especially since it’s by definition a flexible measure, guided by culture, the times and your own consience…

8. Will you opt for gay sex, if 3 million USD is offered to you??

Ummm… actually, this is the hardest question you asked, surprisingly. 3 million USD is well above my “get out of work free” amount, so it’d at least be worth considering, imo. Frankly, I don’t know. I’d think about it, at least…

9. If you have to choose one, Best AG game ever that will last for 3 years with DLCs VS Love of your life??
What would you choose???

I’d pick the missus every time, and it’s not even close. Why give up a lifetime of real connections and experiences (good and bad) for a mere game? I don’t easily regret things I’ve done or not done, but giving up on the missus is something I’d regret for the rest of my days. Giving up on a game ISN’T! Even if it’s the ultimate game…

All these to put you in tight spot and see your answers.

If you think you’re putting me in a tight spot with these questions, then you overestimate my shame and embarrassment at answering these, you overestimate my hunger for ‘adventure’ and you underestimate my self-control. It’s also obvious from some of these questions that you don’t have any kids, btw… Wink
Oh, and remember: I’m a geek. And dull geek is boring… Wink

nickherc - 04 November 2014 01:10 AM

Best Michael C. Hall role, forget Dexter.

Actually, he was great as Dexter as well, it’s just that Dexter had weaker seasons and didn’t end on a high note like Six Feet Under.
Had Dexter ended after 4 seasons, it’d be one of the greatest shows ever as well. But they went on and had a good-but-weaker fifth season, a great sixth season that turned average halfway-through (when Mos Def and Edward James Olmos were out of the picture), an average seventh season (with a brilliant main story starring Ray Stevenson, and a terrible main story starring Yvonne Strahovski), and a bad last season (with an absolutely dysmal ending)...

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

TimovieMan - 04 November 2014 11:48 AM

Glad to be of service. Wink

What was so funny, though?

Hmm, hard to explain. It was just such a precise and thoroughly reasoned answer (comfort items or basic survival items, resourceful uses of plastic bags…) that there was something amusing about it. Consider it a compliment. Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Caliburn - 08 November 2014 07:16 PM

Hmm, hard to explain. It was just such a precise and thoroughly reasoned answer (comfort items or basic survival items, resourceful uses of plastic bags…) that there was something amusing about it. Consider it a compliment. Smile

Actually, the basic survival items were the result of a thought experiment I had with a couple of friends years ago.
The premise was similar: “what 3 items would give you the best chance to survive on a deserted island?”, and after a lot of back-and-forth discussion, those were the items we ultimately agreed on.
Even though there may have been some alcohol involved at the time, the results we came up with seem to have stuck with me. Tongue
The creative use of plastic bags was actually the most important item, we figured: when stranded on a deserted island, drinking water should be your main concern.

I would love to hear the thoughts of an actual survival expert on this, as I think the KA-BAR knife and the plastic bags are genuinely clever items.
The piece of flint could possibly be improved upon (you can start fire by friction, rubbing sticks together, instead, negating a large part of its use), but I can’t think of anything else other than rope, and that can be made from dead plants as well, so it’s not essential either… Meh

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

1. Whats your worst fear in life?
2. Any awkward secret in your life that you haven’t shared with your family?
  Or shared only with your family and not with others, share that one.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 08 November 2014 10:29 PM

I have only one question for you.
1. What is wrong with you?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

TimovieMan - 08 November 2014 08:14 PM

The creative use of plastic bags was actually the most important item, we figured: when stranded on a deserted island, drinking water should be your main concern.

But what if it didn’t rain, global warming and all Tongue The hunger games had an idea for a tool that could help in that scenario called the awl. (http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_and_gear). Also would a large bowl be better than a plastic bag. Just worried the bag can be punctured easily and it is very light so it could be carried easily by a wind storm.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I always thought the worst thing in life is having to bury one of your own children. Now that I have a daughter (and a son underway), I know this is the worst…

For the record, I had a really normal childhood, and I have a very mundane life. There is no dirt to dig up, no skeletons in my closet, no big secrets to share.
Yes, I’m boring, and I’m happy that way. Wink

Karlok - 09 November 2014 03:53 AM

I have no idea what’s wrong with nomadsoul. Tongue
My main problem is that I was a very smart kid and everybody kept confirming that. Made me self-centered, arrogant, lazy and unambitious, and it’s the main thing that caused me to be… well, me.

SoccerDude28 - 09 November 2014 01:08 PM

But what if it didn’t rain, global warming and all Tongue The hunger games had an idea for a tool that could help in that scenario called the awl. (http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/Tools_and_gear). Also would a large bowl be better than a plastic bag. Just worried the bag can be punctured easily and it is very light so it could be carried easily by a wind storm.

That’s why the plastic bags would be mainly used as a solar still / condensation trap. Wink

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 09 November 2014 03:53 AM

Read research papers for Cognitive science, Moral and Emotional decision making Tests.

These are pretty normal questions to gauge morality amongst other things.

Affairs and secrets are rampant and as normal as they come.
What was so tabboo for you lol?

Just try different, most of you asking questions which Tim would reply anyway without
this whole well thing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top